Ford keeping V8's to 2040!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to me you have a problem with the experts in the field. Not me.

Which...wait for it...the EXPERTS call subsidies. :)
I have a problem with you arguing that deductions for capital spending is somehow unique to the oil industry. I thought I made that clear.

Do you think there is no government control of where gas stations go? (You would be surprised).
I think that is a totally different argument than governments mandating what a market should produce in a free market society.

Any patents?

(I ask because the patent system is a defacto "monopoly" of a given term and based on a "negative right" which the government enforces).
Nope. Not a one. They were developed in partnership with Weatherford and BJ Services (now Superior Services). All we cared about was getting the technology developed.

Our power grid will adapt and so will consumer charging habits.
Most charging will be done at night when demands on the power grid will be the lowest. You are looking at doing this nighttime charge once a week.

I don’t think it will significantly load our power grid
You don't believe doubling the load will affect the grid and you believe that apartment dwellers will have enough charging stations for every vehicle? That's super naive. Hence the phrase predictable surprises. Because everything I have told you is totally predictable but since you dismiss it it will be a surprise to you when it happens.

The market will adapt
Those apartments that don’t offer tenant charging options will lose tenants.
If you charge once a week, one in seven spaces will have to offer charging if every tenant has an EV
That is super naive, bro. Maybe you should visit some apartment complexes to see how full the parking lots are now. And it's really odd that you believe free market principles will drive apartment complex owner behavior when free market principles aren't driving EV mandates. Is this your final answer?

You don't believe doubling the load will affect the grid and you believe that apartment dwellers will have enough charging stations for every vehicle? That's super naive. Hence the phrase predictable surprises. Because everything I have told you is totally predictable but since you dismiss it it will be a surprise to you when it happens.
I don’t think the load on the power grid is being doubled
I see the low load evening hours being utilized

I see availability of charging stations in an apartment complex as being a deciding point for people renting an apartment
The market will adapt

Cities will want to incentivize its citizens to drive EVs. I can see heavy investment in municipal charging stations as well as private entities (malls, restaurants, shopping areas) putting them in to entice patrons

Exactly. Government controlling free market purchases. And we saw how well government taxing purchasing medical insurance worked out, right?
You mean things like seat belts, motorcycle helmets, child safety seats ?

The amount of the earth's surface that would need to be covered by solar arrays sufficient to overcome the current forcing due to human activities (which is the primary reason we are not cooling and heading back into another glaciation) would be so phenomenally large as to be mind-boggling.

Why don't you worry about people who lay tarps on their yard to dry them?
Really? How much of a reduction in solar radiation is required for that?

Nope. Not a one.

That's a shame.

They were developed in partnership with Weatherford and BJ Services (now Superior Services).

Who they were developed with does not matter in terms of inventorship.

All we cared about was getting the technology developed.

Developed but not protected? That's an interesting approach. Were you some sort of "not-for-profit" organization? Or did you just lack a decent IP department?

I think eventually, People driving internal combustion engines will be treated like smokers are today

Not welcome in society
Take your stinky car somewhere else
That's silly, especially since what you envision happening won't happen. Most people today are more worried about runaway inflation and material shortages.

EV's are for the more affluent who need to assuage their perceived "white privilege" guilt by perceiving they are helping solve a problem we don't have and wouldn't solve it if we did. Or maybe you missed the part where US emissions have been decreasing for almost 2 decades while the rest of the world's is increasing at a rate of 1 billion tons per year.

Maybe you should check with the experts who actually WORK in this area.

exploration.jpg
Yet another nimrod who does not understand the difference in tax breaks and subsidies. I guess you also don't know that you linked a G20 reference site. There are 19 other countries in the G20.

Last edited:
That's a shame.
Not really. I was paid very well.
Who they were developed with does not matter in terms of inventorship.
Actually it does. It's not a core business. Other E&P companies handled it different for select R&D projects but it never amounted to anything like their core business.
Developed but not protected? That's an interesting approach. Were you some sort of "not-for-profit" organization? Or did you just lack a decent IP department?
Correct. There are several competing vendors who developed different techniques to solve the same problem. They all developed competing expandable sand screens and multiple zone single trip systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back