Forensic Analysis: Planned Parenthood Videos Are Severely Manipulated

Even the supposedly unedited "full" footage is misleadingly altered, experts say.

The undercover Planned Parenthood videos that spurred a congressional investigation were so severely manipulated that they wouldn't hold up in court, according to an analysis by three teams of forensic experts.

Planned Parenthood hired independent research firm Fusion GPS to investigate the validity of the first five "sting" videos released by the Center for Medical Progress, an anti-abortion group.

Glenn Simpson, a partner at the firm and a former Wall Street Journal reporter, assembled three teams of neutral experts to comb through the tapes using special video software. He said the teams found that all of the videos analyzed -- even the supposedly "full," unedited footage the CMP released -- were missing large sections of time and misleadingly altered so that separate conversations appeared to take place in an uninterrupted take. Moreover, the forensic team found that the transcripts CMS released with the videos were frequently erroneous.

"It appears they commit what I would call 'wishful thinking' about what was said," Simpson told reporters Thursday.

More: 'Sting' Videos Of Planned Parenthood Are Totally Manipulated, Forensic Analysis Finds

Using "doctored" videos to advance the anti-choice agenda is dishonorable and misleading.

LOL, "independent"

When Tobacco companies fund research, I guess everything they find, via "independent research" is 100% true.

What a freaking goober you are.

Try to stay focused on the OP, please.

I did, and you are still a goober.

It was patently obvious from the outset that those videos were nothing more than an illegal attempt to libel PP.

Unfortunately most people can't spot the editing and the MSM failed to do it's job and research them first.

Of course FauxNoise wasn't going to do that anyway because they have been a proponent of using this kind of vile distortion all along.

But the rest of the media should have known better.

Now I hope that they will be honest enough to promote the truth.

You started with a conclusion, grabbed at anything that supports your conclusion, then came to the conclusion that your original conclusion is the only conclusion.

"Science"

Unlike you I studied the videos and made my own independent findings about the editing of those vile libels against PP.

Now that my findings have been corroborated by 3 different sets of forensic analyses I am expressing my opinion on what a poor job the media did on scrutinizing those videos.

Unfortunately for you it is beyond your meager cognitive skills to comprehend that I didn't conclude anything that hasn't been independently verified.

But as with everything you post, this just reeks of your own ignorance of the OP topic.

Have a nice day.

Bullshit. You started at your own conclusion well before you "did" anything, and now some group paid by PP has gotten the results PP wants. Again, I guess you trust all the stuff Tobacco companies put out about cigarettes, and all the stuff Oil companies put out about AGW.

You will never convince the American public that PP isn't a money hungry, part selling, baby killing machine. You'll never convince them that the Congressional hearings, where nurses testified that live babies were being dissected, aren't true. The people here who kept insisting that only zygotes were being aborted were indicative of the American public. Now that they have learned the truth, they realize that PP is 21 Century butchery that needs to be stopped. Besides Obamacare takes care of "women's health" now. No need for abortion mills.

You rabid anti-abortionists do not represent the American Public. You only represent a small subset of the population. America is evenly divided on the topic and individual rights cannot be violated by people like you.

Unless I want to carry a gun in NYC, then you 100% support violating my rights.

Hypocrite.

Non sequitur!

individual rights cannot be violated by people like you.

You brought up the concept of individual rights not being violated. As judges would often say to defense attorneys in law and order, "you opened the door, counselor."

I mean if 51% is due to faulty birth control something needs to be done, some condom or BC pill manufacturers need to be monitored closer or the person using the contraceptive needs to use it properly. I can't believe that no.

The Guttmacher Institute is probably the best source of non partisan information there is out there.

Yes, some of those findings are revealing. There was a study in Colorado, if I recall correctly, where at risk teens were provided with long acting contraceptives that have better results at preventing pregnancies. The incidence of pregnancies in that test dropped by 80%!

Two problems. One is that those methods of contraception are more expensive so poor women can't afford them. (Around about $1000 or so to have the procedure) and the funding for that program ran out so they cancelled it.

But let's just do the math for ourselves. Right now there are about 1 million abortions a year so if 50% are because of the failure of birth control those could be reduced by 80% using these long acting contraceptives.

So for a cost of a mere half a billion dollars a year it would be possible to reduce abortions by 40%.

That would mean 400,000 fewer abortions each and every year for what is mere petty cash to the federal budget, and no, that money is not spent providing abortions but preventing them instead.

Why isn't this a no brainer for Congress to pass?

:dunno:

Of course Larcs are more expensive , the problem is most on Larcs do not use condoms. Might be ok for a married woman who is not quite sure if she wants anther child or not.

CONTRACEPTIVE EFFECTIVENESS

• When used correctly, modern contraceptives are very effective at preventing pregnancy. The two-thirds of U.S. women (68%) at risk of unintended pregnancy who use contraceptives consistently and correctly throughout the course of any given year account for only 5% of all unintended pregnancies (Figure 1). The 18% of women at risk who use contraceptives but do so inconsistently account for 41% of unintended pregnancies, while the 14% of women at risk who do not use contraceptives at all or have a gap in use of one month or longer account for 54% of unintended pregnancies.[14]

If used correctly only 5% end in unintended pregnancies.

http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_contr_use.html

Long-acting reversible contraceptives (LARC) are methods of birth control that provide effective contraception for an extended period without requiring user action. They include injections, intrauterine devices (IUDs) and subdermal contraceptive implants. They are the most effective reversible methods of contraception because they do not depend on patient compliance. So their 'typical use' failure rates, at less than 1% per year, are about the same as 'perfect use' failure rates.[1]

In addition to being long-lasting, convenient, and well liked by users, they are very cost effective.[1] Typically, LARC users can save thousands of dollars over a five-year period compared to the use of condoms and birth control pills

Long-acting reversible contraception - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Larcs does not take the place of condom, good quality ones, for contraception for unmarried sexually active women, or even for married ones who know their husbands cheat or even suspect they do.

We need to stop VD and Hiv and cervical ca as well as unwanted pregnancies.

I'm all for PP. Each year tens of thousands of negro and American indian babies won't have to live in fucking shitholes all their short lives and suck of the 'Maker's teat and be able to claim the only time they had anything to eat they didn't fucking rob was when they were in prison.
GO PP!

Only 3% of what they do is abortions, and well they can't do an abortion without a woman wanting one. What gets me is why are these women needing abortions, Unprotected SEX, which leads to HIV, Cervical CA and other VD's.
And abortions lead to a higher risk of breast cancer.

That's been debunked. Is Abortion Linked to Breast Cancer?

But women who have had an abortion are 2.3 times more likely to get cervical cancer.

Cervical Cancer risk factors: What are the risk factors for cervical cancer?

Having multiple full-term pregnancies

Women who have had 3 or more full-term pregnancies have an increased risk of developing cervical cancer. No one really knows why this is true. One theory is that these women had to have had unprotected intercourse to get pregnant, so they may have had more exposure to HPV. Also, studies have pointed to hormonal changes during pregnancy as possibly making women more susceptible to HPV infection or cancer growth. Another thought is that pregnant women might have weaker immune systems, allowing for HPV infection and cancer growth.

That's from the National Cancer Society....nothing about abortions being a risk factor.

Other sources say otherwise. Expand your mind and knowledge. Support the evil, that is your choice but stop trying to sell me on the evil, I'm not buying into it. They are the most innocent of all....and you kill them.

The OP is yet another example of why Liberals love science - especially forensic science in this case. Sadly, some states have defunded Planned Parenthood based on these dishonorable NaziCon lies. The rightwing war on women continues.
The war is on Planned Parenthood. Nobody buys the war on women shit anymore.

When your war involves our uterus' - then it's a war on women.

Pure hyperbole.....POLLY WANT A CRACKER......SQUAWK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fusion GPS is based in Washington, DC and provides premium research, strategic intelligence, and due diligence services to corporations, law firms, and investors worldwide.

In other words, they'll deliver whatever you pay them to deliver.

A baby's kidneys, heart and arms are its personal property. Planned Parenthood is going down.

Not really. here's the reality. the scientific community needs fetal tissue to do important work.

Women are still going to get abortions if they don't want to have children.

Now, if you wingnuts were serious about wanting their to be less abortions, there are ways to do that.

Universal Health Care, Paid family and medical leave, Comprehensive Sex Education without moralistic bullshit.

Fusion GPS is based in Washington, DC and provides premium research, strategic intelligence, and due diligence services to corporations, law firms, and investors worldwide.

In other words, they'll deliver whatever you pay them to deliver.

Same outfit that was behind smearing Romney's campaign donors. PP paid for something and got what they wanted and the loony left thinks everything is OK now. Mindless drones

I'm still wondering how you guys are going to make a ban on abortion work. Every other country that has tried to ban abortion has failed, miserably. Women still find ways to get them.

The lie that you guys believe is that Roe v. Wade made abortion possible. This is bullshit. Abortions were already going on, doctors were performing them in the privacy of offices and writing down something else on charts.

Roe v. Wade just legalized what was already going on and widespread.

I'm still wondering how you guys are going to make a ban on abortion work. Every other country that has tried to ban abortion has failed, miserably. Women still find ways to get them.

The lie that you guys believe is that Roe v. Wade made abortion possible. This is bullshit. Abortions were already going on, doctors were performing them in the privacy of offices and writing down something else on charts.

Roe v. Wade just legalized what was already going on and widespread.

Go away, just go away. You're bad news.

I mean if 51% is due to faulty birth control something needs to be done, some condom or BC pill manufacturers need to be monitored closer or the person using the contraceptive needs to use it properly. I can't believe that no.

The Guttmacher Institute is probably the best source of non partisan information there is out there.

Yes, some of those findings are revealing. There was a study in Colorado, if I recall correctly, where at risk teens were provided with long acting contraceptives that have better results at preventing pregnancies. The incidence of pregnancies in that test dropped by 80%!

Two problems. One is that those methods of contraception are more expensive so poor women can't afford them. (Around about $1000 or so to have the procedure) and the funding for that program ran out so they cancelled it.

But let's just do the math for ourselves. Right now there are about 1 million abortions a year so if 50% are because of the failure of birth control those could be reduced by 80% using these long acting contraceptives.

So for a cost of a mere half a billion dollars a year it would be possible to reduce abortions by 40%.

That would mean 400,000 fewer abortions each and every year for what is mere petty cash to the federal budget, and no, that money is not spent providing abortions but preventing them instead.

So these women are not wearing condoms which in most cases are free?

Where did I post anything like that? :eek:

It was patently obvious from the outset that those videos were nothing more than an illegal attempt to libel PP.

Unfortunately most people can't spot the editing and the MSM failed to do it's job and research them first.

Of course FauxNoise wasn't going to do that anyway because they have been a proponent of using this kind of vile distortion all along.

You started with a conclusion, grabbed at anything that supports your conclusion, then came to the conclusion that your original conclusion is the only conclusion.

"Science"

Unlike you I studied the videos and made my own independent findings about the editing of those vile libels against PP.

Now that my findings have been corroborated by 3 different sets of forensic analyses I am expressing my opinion on what a poor job the media did on scrutinizing those videos.

Unfortunately for you it is beyond your meager cognitive skills to comprehend that I didn't conclude anything that hasn't been independently verified.

But as with everything you post, this just reeks of your own ignorance of the OP topic.

Have a nice day.

Bullshit. You started at your own conclusion well before you "did" anything, and now some group paid by PP has gotten the results PP wants. Again, I guess you trust all the stuff Tobacco companies put out about cigarettes, and all the stuff Oil companies put out about AGW.

Kindly refrain from projecting the voices in your head as being what I posted.

TYIA and have a nice day.

You will never convince the American public that PP isn't a money hungry, part selling, baby killing machine. You'll never convince them that the Congressional hearings, where nurses testified that live babies were being dissected, aren't true. The people here who kept insisting that only zygotes were being aborted were indicative of the American public. Now that they have learned the truth, they realize that PP is 21 Century butchery that needs to be stopped. Besides Obamacare takes care of "women's health" now. No need for abortion mills.

You rabid anti-abortionists do not represent the American Public. You only represent a small subset of the population. America is evenly divided on the topic and individual rights cannot be violated by people like you.

Hypocrite.

Non sequitur!

You brought up the concept of individual rights not being violated. As judges would often say to defense attorneys in law and order, "you opened the door, counselor."

Kindly refrain from derailing the thread.

Of course Larcs are more expensive , the problem is most on Larcs do not use condoms. Might be ok for a married woman who is not quite sure if she wants anther child or not.

CONTRACEPTIVE EFFECTIVENESS

• When used correctly, modern contraceptives are very effective at preventing pregnancy. The two-thirds of U.S. women (68%) at risk of unintended pregnancy who use contraceptives consistently and correctly throughout the course of any given year account for only 5% of all unintended pregnancies (Figure 1). The 18% of women at risk who use contraceptives but do so inconsistently account for 41% of unintended pregnancies, while the 14% of women at risk who do not use contraceptives at all or have a gap in use of one month or longer account for 54% of unintended pregnancies.[14]

If used correctly only 5% end in unintended pregnancies.

http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_contr_use.html

Long-acting reversible contraceptives (LARC) are methods of birth control that provide effective contraception for an extended period without requiring user action. They include injections, intrauterine devices (IUDs) and subdermal contraceptive implants. They are the most effective reversible methods of contraception because they do not depend on patient compliance. So their 'typical use' failure rates, at less than 1% per year, are about the same as 'perfect use' failure rates.[1]

In addition to being long-lasting, convenient, and well liked by users, they are very cost effective.[1] Typically, LARC users can save thousands of dollars over a five-year period compared to the use of condoms and birth control pills

Long-acting reversible contraception - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Larcs does not take the place of condom, good quality ones, for contraception for unmarried sexually active women, or even for married ones who know their husbands cheat or even suspect they do.

We need to stop VD and Hiv and cervical ca as well as unwanted pregnancies.

STD's are a different topic.

I was talking about reducing the incidence of abortions since that is what upsets the anti-rights crowd.

So, do you agree that we could dramatically reduce abortions by 40% for what is essentially the cost of a rounding error in the federal budget?

"Science"

Have a nice day.

Kindly refrain from projecting the voices in your head as being what I posted.

TYIA and have a nice day.

You got nothing, and thus the post above.

Hypocrite.

Non sequitur!

Not derailing, just showing your hypocrisy. Again, you have no response, and thus are left with "blah blah blah, something something, blah blah".

The baby is not your property.

If it's an unwanted tenant, it can be evicted.

No, it cant as the mother gave permission for the sperm to enter in like 98% of the cases. Too late if you change you mind, heartless bastards.

Of course it can.

My uterus is my property and no one elses. You can, of course, take it in yourself if you feel it to be so important but you can not force me to keep it in residence against my will.

No, your uterus being your 'property' does not allow you to do whatever the hell you want, like selling it, for example.

And no, cannot kill that baby without being a heartless shit-stain.

You can donate it or any organ, or your whole body if you choose. You can give part or your liver or a kidney to save a life. You can give blood or even donate stem cells and bone marrow.

You donate your womb to the fetus to grow to maturity till birth. You donate your body and time to care for the fetus. Or you can refuse and kill the fetus, or cause its termination. Once it is not viable you have to have it removed before it becomes toxic.

Even the church approved rhythm method has its risk and is responsible for killing off embryos

Is the Rhythm Method – "the only method of birth control condoned by the Catholic Church" – responsible for "massive embryonic death"?

Pope approved condoms back in 2010

Yep, and none of that contradicts what I said. You cannot sell parts of your own body, so no, you do not and never had complete control over it.

Hypocrite.

Non sequitur!

Not derailing, just showing your hypocrisy. Again, you have no response, and thus are left with "blah blah blah, something something, blah blah".

Blahblahblah is all Derideo duh ever has to say.

Forum List

Back