Former Chief of DHS: Trump acted like a third grader when briefed on Hurricane Florence

Apparently Trump did not give a shit about the loss of life from Florence but was instead focused on like a 9 year old on things irrelevant about the hurricane. Not a surprising story really. I mean if this was Bush instead I would think “wow, I didn’t know he was THAT dumb.” But with Trump? This sounds like him.

The former DHS chief said the interaction occurred during a 2018 briefing.

"We had Hurricane Florence bearing down on the United States, it was coming towards the Carolinas on the coast," he said. "We were briefing the president on the damage we expected and also our concerns about significant loss of life if he didn't tell Americans to evacuate."

Mr Taylor said initially he thought the president was intently studying the storm, and described him studying a foam board where pictures of the hurricane and its projected path were hanging.

"Then he turned to me and said 'I've got a question' ... 'do the hurricanes always spin this direction?'" Mr Taylor said. "He meant counter clockwise, that's called the Coriolis effect."

He claimed the president then followed up asking if that was why water in Australian toilets flow opposite of those in the US.“
BashSig.jpg

I saw an interview this morning in which Taylor (a Republican) described a meeting they had with Trump where they warned him about an incoming storm and suggested that he initiate evacuation procedures.

Trump said, "I saw a picture with a guy wearing a MAGA hat at a Wal Mart, and they quoted him saying he was going to ride it out. That's what Trump supporters do. So no evacuation".

Stunned, Taylor didn't know what to say. That's when a Trump staffer leaned in and said, "Mr. President, a couple of these states are red states, and if too many people die it could hurt you come election day."

Trump then changed his mind. His staffer knew which button to push, fortunately.

This is a damaged child in the White House.

ROFLMFAO, "that's what republicans do"???????????? Need I remind you of Katrina and all the commies that refused to evacuate N.O.? A shit load got the ultimate darwin award.

Ray "school bus" Nagin.....Well known republican. :auiqs.jpg:

I saw an interview this morning in which Taylor (a Republican) described a meeting they had with Trump where they warned him about an incoming storm and suggested that he initiate evacuation procedures.

Trump said, "I saw a picture with a guy wearing a MAGA hat at a Wal Mart, and they quoted him saying he was going to ride it out. That's what Trump supporters do. So no evacuation".

Stunned, Taylor didn't know what to say. That's when a Trump staffer leaned in and said, "Mr. President, a couple of these states are red states, and if too many people die it could hurt you come election day."

Trump then changed his mind. His staffer knew which button to push, fortunately.

ROFLMFAO, "that's what republicans do"???????????? Need I remind you of Katrina and all the commies that refused to evacuate N.O.? A shit load got the ultimate darwin award.

Ray "school bus" Nagin.....Well known republican. :auiqs.jpg:

And to add insult to injury, they violated the rights of survivors and took away their ability to defend themselves from looters. Got to love them commies, at least they are consistent, they are still trying to take away the ability of citizens to defend themselves from the current commie looting.

Trump then changed his mind. His staffer knew which button to push.

Sounds like one of those made up tales.

I'm sure it's nice for you being able to just pretend anything that doesn't support your idol is fake.

Apparently Trump did not give a shit about the loss of life from Florence but was instead focused on like a 9 year old on things irrelevant about the hurricane. Not a surprising story really. I mean if this was Bush instead I would think “wow, I didn’t know he was THAT dumb.” But with Trump? This sounds like him.

"We had Hurricane Florence bearing down on the United States, it was coming towards the Carolinas on the coast," he said. "We were briefing the president on the damage we expected and also our concerns about significant loss of life if he didn't tell Americans to evacuate."

Mr Taylor said initially he thought the president was intently studying the storm, and described him studying a foam board where pictures of the hurricane and its projected path were hanging.

"Then he turned to me and said 'I've got a question' ... 'do the hurricanes always spin this direction?'" Mr Taylor said. "He meant counter clockwise, that's called the Coriolis effect."

He claimed the president then followed up asking if that was why water in Australian toilets flow opposite of those in the US.“
View attachment 377458
Yep the president has the mind of a child.

View attachment 377458
You would know about having the mind of a child, child.

View attachment 377458
You would know about having the mind of a child, child.
Luckily I’m not president. You voted for a child however.

Another idiot who misses the point that the STATE and LOCAL officials are in charge of declaring evacuations. Another butthurt ignorant “staffer” nobody cares about. Or listens to.

To be fair, the direction of rotation thing is interesting, but most have enough curiosity to discover that explanation as a young child.
But even a third grader wouldn’t make the connection with Australian toilets.
And I call bull.

there's nothing going for Trump to help him secure re-election. no good economy, no coherent corona response, no opponent who fires up Trump's base...POOF! NOTHING!

NOOOOOTHIIIIIIIIIIIING!

FAKE NEWS ALERT!!!!!!

Describing Taylor as the former DHS chief, is a total fucking LIE. He was "chief of staff" for former DHS secretary Neilsen. No wonder why no one ever heard of this opportunistic freak. This is just more FAKE news from the lsm.

You morons will say anything to discredit him lol. It doesn’t matter who this guy is - you’ll pull something out of your ass to pretend it’s bullshit.

FAKE NEWS ALERT!!!!!!

Describing Taylor as the former DHS chief, is a total fucking LIE. He was "chief of staff" for former DHS secretary Neilsen. No wonder why no one ever heard of this opportunistic freak. This is just more FAKE news from the lsm.

You morons will say anything to discredit him lol. It doesn’t matter who this guy is - you’ll pull something out of your ass to pretend it’s bullshit.

Perhaps you should have checked your lying source before you made a fool of yourself by repeating the lie. Feel free to point out what I got wrong.

FAKE NEWS ALERT!!!!!!

Perhaps you should have checked your lying source before you made a fool of yourself by repeating the lie. Feel free to point out what I got wrong.

Lol um it doesn’t matter what I call him. The guy is who he is. Somehow this means he’s a liar? It doesn’t at all make sense but, again, you’ll come up with any ole bullshit to discredit him. Just admit it: it does not matter who this guy is. You’re still going to knee jerk assume the story is all bullshit. You’re too much of a pussy to accept the story for what it is.

FAKE NEWS ALERT!!!!!!

Lol um it doesn’t matter what I call him. The guy is who he is. Somehow this means he’s a liar? It doesn’t at all make sense but, again, you’ll come up with any ole bullshit to discredit him. Just admit it: it does not matter who this guy is. You’re still going to knee jerk assume the story is all bullshit. You’re too much of a pussy to accept the story for what it is.

Poor little commie, it was your lsm source and you that exaggerated the guys position and importance. The story is a lie and you're a liar for repeating it. Now chew your crow like a good little commie and STFU.

FAKE NEWS ALERT!!!!!!

Poor little commie, it was your lsm source and you that exaggerated the guys position and importance. The story is a lie and you're a liar for repeating it. Now chew your crow like a good little commie and STFU.

Lol why do you keep saying what I said about the guy even matters? The story is what it is. How dumb are you?

FAKE NEWS ALERT!!!!!!

Lol why do you keep saying what I said about the guy even matters? The story is what it is. How dumb are you?

Well commie, you're the one that posted the lie, at least I had the intelligence to check if the story was accurate, something you were too ignorant to do. But hey, trolling and lying is what you do best. Now run along like a good little commie, I'm not going to bump your lying thread any more.

The impeached president trump and Dubya are about the same intelligence level, so a third grader's interest in any type of government briefing is more than most rational people can expect from either of these two clowns.

Both make up childish names for people they see as threatening. Dubya was much less an embarrassment to the American people, but only because he came from a family of career politicians. So he learned to act civilized in public, unlike the impeached president trump, who possesses the sophistication of a spoiled chimpanzee.

It won't be long until the impeached president trump reaches into his diaper and grabs a handful of sh!t to lob at a staff member. If it hasn't already happened.

The impeached president trump and Dubya are about the same intelligence level, so a third grader's interest in any type of government briefing is more than most rational people can expect from either of these two clowns.

Both make up childish names for people they see as threatening. Dubya was much less an embarrassment to the American people, but only because he came from a family of career politicians. So he learned to act civilized in public, unlike the impeached president trump, who possesses the sophistication of a spoiled chimpanzee.

It won't be long until the impeached president trump reaches into his diaper and grabs a handful of sh!t to lob at a staff member. If it hasn't already happened.

Trump could be caught on camera lobbing shit at someone and republicans would defend it as a faux constitutional right.

Forum List

Back