Former Kentucky Clerk In Gay Marriage Case Must Pay Additonal $260K.

That’s a twisted way to try me justify your error on her not having a criminal offense. But I’ll let you roll with it if it makes you feel better.
What’s twisted is you believing her action is worthy of a $240,000 judgment. Lol

I agree that she is supposed to do what they hired her for, but these fees that are being doled out are excessive. These plaintiffs are asking for $200,000 to $300,000 in damages…exactly what damages did they incur?

This should have been a case of the woman losing her job. Tell her “if your religion says you can’t issue same sex marriage certificates, then you can’t work here”. But awarding the couple over $240,000…for what? Because they got mad and the justice system has gone crazy as of late?

Whatever happened to “the punishment must fit the crime”?
I did not sit in on the trial. What are your rights worth to you?

If she had done her job she wouldn’t have had to pay a dime, she played a stupid game and won a huge stupid prize for it. She gets what she deserves. Leave your religion outside government operations.
And she still shouldn’t have to pay a dime..lose her job, sure, monetary damages? Absolutely not. What “damage” did the plaintiff incur?

I understand, though, you’ll continue to see this as “justice served”, because it was against those “evil, God fearing, racist, trump supporting republicans”, it makes you feel good…

Still, it doesn’t change the fact that she was not served justice here.

I did not sit in on the trial. What are your rights worth to you?
No rights were denied…did the couple end up getting the certificate? Sure they did. They got married, all is well. She wrongly claimed a religious reason, she should have been fired and that be the end of it, not stealing her money. What she did was certainly not worth that.

The fact that you libs think it was warranted just shows how off the deep end you all have gone.

And she still shouldn’t have to pay a dime..lose her job, sure, monetary damages? Absolutely not. What “damage” did the plaintiff incur?

I understand, though, you’ll continue to see this as “justice served”, because it was against those “evil, God fearing, racist, trump supporting republicans”, it makes you feel good…

Still, it doesn’t change the fact that she was not served justice here.
Besides the damage of having their rights violated by a crack pot?

I agree she should have done her job, but the judgment should have never happened..it’s wrong.
It’s not wrong it’s what happens when you violate someone’s civil rights. This is all on her. She could have prevented it.

No rights were denied…did the couple end up getting the certificate? Sure they did. They got married, all is well. She wrongly claimed a religious reason, she should have been fired and that be the end of it, not stealing her money. What she did was certainly not worth that.

The fact that you libs think it was warranted just shows how off the deep end you all have gone.
You should move to Kentucky, go back to school, become a lawyer and then a judge. Until you do, you will just have to find a way to be happy in life, without exercising your superior judgmental acumen.

I agree that she is supposed to do what they hired her for, but these fees that are being doled out are excessive. These plaintiffs are asking for $200,000 to $300,000 in damages…exactly what damages did they incur?

This should have been a case of the woman losing her job. Tell her “if your religion says you can’t issue same sex marriage certificates, then you can’t work here”. But awarding the couple over $240,000…for what? Because they got mad and the justice system has gone crazy as of late?

Whatever happened to “the punishment must fit the crime”?
There are many loses the couple suffered. Everything from needing two individual medical insurance policies instead of one family plan. The cost of legal work to make the other entitled to the death benefits, such as allowing joint ownership of property which avoids inheritance taxes.
Yes there are costs and inconveniences from not having a marriage license.

As of December 2023, cohabitation of unmarried couples remains illegal in two states (Mississippi and North Carolina),

I don’t see how any judge could see this was a quarter of a million dollar issue.
What value would you place of being able to visit them in the ICU? Which is restricted to "family members only" The same with some other hospital visits.
Or being able to file a joint tax return, instead of two individual returns

Those who file jointly typically receive more tax benefits than those who are married filing separately.

Forum List

Back