🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Former mafia boss dead , Joey Massino

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ

He was the last real powerful mob boss in the USA ( early 2000s.) He turned state witness and obliterated the Bonanno family

Organized crime has mostly moved to Mexico now. Cheaper gas prices and lower taxes. Plus plenty of mules to traffic their drugs over the border.

He was the last real powerful mob boss in the USA ( early 2000s.) He turned state witness and obliterated the Bonanno family
Joseph Pistone, infiltrated. Bonanno family was nothing like the size of, or as powerful as the Genovese family.

People call them brutal, but if one knew any Mafia crime family -- they were all brutal.

great quote regarding Massino: By testifying for the government, he is seeking a sentence reduction, though he told the jury that none had been promised. In his words: “I’m hoping to see a light at the end of the tunnel.”

Sammy the Bull and Michael franchese both have podcasts
Must if you love 70s and 80s NYC mob
Not that great. Michael's is sort of boring. Sammy's? I plead ignorance. :auiqs.jpg:

Have you ever met - face to face -- a member of any family? Not an associate or hanger on, but a made member.

Joseph Pistone, infiltrated. Bonanno family was nothing like the size of, or as powerful as the Genovese family.

People call them brutal, but if one knew any Mafia crime family -- they were all brutal.

great quote regarding Massino: By testifying for the government, he is seeking a sentence reduction, though he told the jury that none had been promised. In his words: “I’m hoping to see a light at the end of the tunnel.”

Bonano family suffered from infiltration and civil war ..always a disfunctuial family

Organized crime has mostly moved to Mexico now. Cheaper gas prices and lower taxes. Plus plenty of mules to traffic their drugs over the border.

I suspect Larry Formato probably had a little to do with that. He chased them out of a lot of the financial sector when he helped the gubbermint clean house, and had he not screwed up, he would have been untouchable in a matter of months once he took over RCA.

Good link here:

Massino, he was much like the top guy in my neighborhood. Growing up, most of us we respected that guy, if not all his friends. But make no mistake about it -- I always thought they were bad guys and that their 'life' was in the end -- for losers.

Massino also wasn’t the sloppy, gruff street guy he appeared to be, and was known to be soft-spoken and polite, a gentleman who never barked—even at the lawmen who surveilled, arrested, and interrogated him. (Massino, after cleanly escaping one aggressive surveillance effort, later on even apologized to the officer who had been trying to catch him.)

"He looked like a schlub, but he was sharper than you can imagine," a Bonanno source who requested anonymity recently told us of Massino, noting that during downtime, Massino showed a much lighter side. "He would tell jokes and show card tricks."

Massino apparently could gear himself to the needs of the moment.

Some very scary tough guys were very scared to talk out of school about him. Ray Wean was a six-feet-tall, 350-pound head cracker who worked for Massino. “Wean’s so big, I can’t handcuff him," an agent once said. Wean, who was not Italian and obviously not a made member, was willing to snitch on any mobster on the street. Almost any....“Ray was a monster, a psycho, not afraid of anything,” said Pat Colgan, a retired FBI supervisor who tailed Massino for more than a decade. "Yet he was scared to death of Joey for good reasons."

I suspect Larry Formato probably had a little to do with that. He chased them out of a lot of the financial sector when he helped the gubbermint clean house, and had he not screwed up, he would have been untouchable in a matter of months once he took over RCA.
Fuck him. When I was in Brooklyn, a connected guy offered me a trip to Great Britain to bring something back. It involved white collar crimes.

The penny stock witness was like Henry Hill, a connected guy who's story is mostly exaggerated and suspect.

He was involved in several high profile murders like the 3 capos
He killed both Sony red and Sony black

Most people have no idea of names outside of the movies. That was a power struggle, not unusual. That family had trouble for a long time.

Forum List

Back