Fort Hood Hero Says President Obama 'Betrayed' Her, Other Victims

Antares

A Rooincarnation
Nov 7, 2012
Omaha
Three years after the White House arranged a hero's welcome at the State of the Union address for the Fort Hood police sergeant and her partner who stopped the deadly shooting there, Kimberly Munley says President Obama broke the promise he made to her that the victims would be well taken care of.

"Betrayed is a good word," former Sgt. Munley told ABC News in a tearful interview to be broadcast tonight on "World News with Diane Sawyer" and "Nightline."

Fort Hood Hero Says Obama 'Betrayed' Her, Other Victims - ABC News

No surprise here, he got what he wanted, an emotional photo op.

What'd she expect? (1) She was white (2) She was Christian.

Remember the Obambi's exhortation to his followers during the election. "Make sure you vote and get even"

Whatever happened to "Out of many, one"? Gone, via the 'Great Divider'

Three years after the White House arranged a hero's welcome at the State of the Union address for the Fort Hood police sergeant and her partner who stopped the deadly shooting there, Kimberly Munley says President Obama broke the promise he made to her that the victims would be well taken care of.

"Betrayed is a good word," former Sgt. Munley told ABC News in a tearful interview to be broadcast tonight on "World News with Diane Sawyer" and "Nightline."

Fort Hood Hero Says Obama 'Betrayed' Her, Other Victims - ABC News

No surprise here, he got what he wanted, an emotional photo op.

We won't let this go down.

Trust me.

It's going to be big.

Sounds like much of their complaints revolve around Hasan not being considered an enemy combatant.

Hmmmm....weren't you 'nuts going on and on and on all last week about how an AMERICAN could NOT be an enemy combatant?

Or have you forgotten?

I'm curious. What is it exactly you want him to do?

Treat it as the terrorist attack it was. I don't know why he won't other than he's hoping to keep it from being a blemish on his record that there was a terrorist attack inside the U.S. on his watch.

Sounds like much of their complaints revolve around Hasan not being considered an enemy combatant.

Hmmmm....weren't you 'nuts going on and on and on all last week about how an AMERICAN could NOT be an enemy combatant?

Or have you forgotten?

I'm going to start calling it like I see it.

No games no more. I'm sick of bullshit. Come on. Kill sessions? The President sitting in "who do we kill today"?

I'm going to throw this out there.

When we went nuts PAGING BERNIE AND BILLIE..we rioted against Democrats.

omgoodness none of you kids have got it.

Last edited:
It's not often that the military has to deal with combat issues with troops that didnt actually involve combat duty, I can understand that there might be gaps there.

Seems like their biggest complaint is they want combat benifits, and they are having issues within the military structure dealing with PTSD and such. I think the president should have assigned someone to ensure those survivors were taken care of, medical wise.

However, the president can't force your CO to be nicer to you, and you can't get combat benifits when the incident in question wasn't deemed an act of terror.

It's not often that the military has to deal with combat issues with troops that didnt actually involve combat duty, I can understand that there might be gaps there.

Seems like their biggest complaint is they want combat benifits, and they are having issues within the military structure dealing with PTSD and such. I think the president should have assigned someone to ensure those survivors were taken care of, medical wise.

However, the president can't force your CO to be nicer to you, and you can't get combat benifits when the incident in question wasn't deemed an act of terror.

That makes sense Amy. But how do you go from there? How can you make it work? Not trying to be silly here.

How do you make it work?

For this specific situation? Someone should assign them a liaison who can address their issues( sometimes you just need to feel like youre being heard) and who would work at bridging the gaps between military and civilian assistance for them. When the president says you'll be taken care of, then you should be.

As to the military in general? Incidents like this are very very rare... Perhaps an investigation into where the ball was dropped and how to do better in the future.

For this specific situation? Someone should assign them a liaison who can address their issues( sometimes you just need to feel like youre being heard) and who would work at bridging the gaps between military and civilian assistance for them. When the president says you'll be taken care of, then you should be.

As to the military in general? Incidents like this are very very rare... Perhaps an investigation into where the ball was dropped and how to do better in the future.

The ball was not dropped. Obama is the last word in the military. He gave orders that the incident was not to be classified as the terrorist attack that it so clearly was. After that the system took over and the victims were shafted . Obama gave his word but that means nothing. A little fact that his supporters and the media never care to address.

Ah. So right wingers are back to liking cops again? Or only when it is convenient.

I dont know much about this story....but if that heroic cop is right, and the Army didnt take care of those victims, then it is a major WRONG for them to not take care of them.

Wait a minute......now I got questions.

"Combat" benefits and PTSD????

Ok. It happened in Texas, not in a war zone. So, is a shootout in the USA now considered "combat"? If so, should US cops get "combat pay" every time they get into some shit on duty? And PTSD? Should US cops get PTSD disability pay when the see someone murdered, get shot at, go to gruesome murder/suicide scenes? What about the LA cops in the recnet shootout? Should they get "combat" pay and PTSD benefits?

Im pro-military. But a shooting inside the US borders does not, in my opinion, count as "combat". If it DOES, then our cops have been getting fucked for decades on what they should be getting.

It was a terrorist attack though. Im just saying it's not "combat", it is a domestic shootout. If it is, then our cops have been in "combat" countless times every single year and gotten underpaid what they're due.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back