Fox News is preparing to fire Bill O'Reilly

so calling someone hot chocolate is sexual harrasment?

This is supposed to be according to people close to the situation in other words unnamed sources. It might or might not be true but I'm always skeptical when unnamed sources are involved.
I heard someone interviewed either last night or early this a.m. who said Rupert M. does NOT want to let O'Reilly go, but his sons do (one is full on fire the guy and the other is more undecided). Rupert doesn't want to give in especially because it would be giving a "win" to the NYT, who broke the story. However, Rupert has for years wanted Sky out of Great Britain, and he has to think of his image as he enters into that deal--if he lets Fox continue to look like a stable of sexist pigs, will Sky sell to him?
That's what the guy said. He seemed to know some of the players. I don't know if it's all true but it sounds sensible.
I can't see O'Reilly eating crow or issuing a heart felt apology for offensive behavior (he is totally denying everything) so I don't see how he just goes back to his normal time slot after this kerfluffle.
I'm glad we are finally, as a society, saying CUT IT OUT! About fucking time, imo.

This is supposed to be according to people close to the situation in other words unnamed sources. It might or might not be true but I'm always skeptical when unnamed sources are involved.
I heard someone interviewed either last night or early this a.m. who said Rupert M. does NOT want to let O'Reilly go, but his sons do (one is full on fire the guy and the other is more undecided). Rupert doesn't want to give in especially because it would be giving a "win" to the NYT, who broke the story. However, Rupert has for years wanted Sky out of Great Britain, and he has to think of his image as he enters into that deal--if he lets Fox continue to look like a stable of sexist pigs, will Sky sell to him?
That's what the guy said. He seemed to know some of the players. I don't know if it's all true but it sounds sensible.
I can't see O'Reilly eating crow or issuing a heart felt apology for offensive behavior (he is totally denying everything) so I don't see how he just goes back to his normal time slot after this kerfluffle.
I'm glad we are finally, as a society, saying CUT IT OUT! About fucking time, imo.
I saw in today's paper the ratings for his show are down 23 percent while he has been off and the subs have been filling in. Last week saw another story that reported his ratings didn't drop even after the Times story came out I suspect the powers that be are noticing that.

"Sexual harassment (typically of a woman) in a workplace, or other professional or social situation, involving the making of unwanted sexual advances or obscene remarks of a sexual nature."

so he did not touch her but called her "Hot Choclate" Hot choclate is a sexual remark?

Any goofy bitch can make sexual harrassment claims.....they dont even have to prove them. Look up Anita Hill

I hope quits or is fired...I cant stand that arrogant fuck stick and how he constantly interrupts his guests.

Then don't watch his show, or if you think you know better get your own show.
I dont watch his show, havent for a while...I watch him on other peoples shows, and he is a arrogant bastard. I dont believe he sexually harrased anyone tho.

He's been hit with allegations before, this time it must be really bad.
Yeah, he "leered" at a woman and called her "chocolate milk". Lock him up!
No one said he should be locked up. I believe sexual harrassment is a civil matter. Having a coworker who leers at me and gives me sexual endearments is uncomfortable. Stuff like that a woman can usually handle herself with a polite "I don't like that and I will appreciate no more of those remarks" or "Take a picture, why dontcha?" but this was O'Reilly, the Number Two man at Fox. The Star who is the Boss's Number One man. If she needed the paycheck at the time, of course you ignore it and if you really don't like it, you start looking to work elsewhere. Which she apparently did.

Forum List

Back