Fox News Median viewer age: 68

What do you think I/ we was born conservative?

I /we grew up.

More than likely.

Studies show people adopt the political and social views of their parents.

But the point of the thread is that Fox News has been a hugely galvinizing force for right-wing politics since it appeared in 1996. Facts, when put through the prism of Fox News, are biased in favor of Republicans. That's not very controversial. But cable news is falling out of fashion for the upcoming generation.

Fox News’s biggest problem isn’t the Ailes ouster, it’s that its average viewer is a dinosaur

Between that and the demographic shift in the U.S., how will the Republican party keep pace if its mouthpiece no longer catches enough eyeballs?
I figured that from their commercials--medications and medical supplies. I don't think young people watch tv news, is all. They get it on their phones.
And don't forget all the snakes tricking old people into buying gold because the government will collapse any second now :rofl:

Between that and the demographic shift in the U.S., how will the Republican party keep pace if its mouthpiece no longer catches enough eyeballs?

Honestly, I see the Trump phenomenon in the GOP as little but a dying gasp of that portion of America that yearns for the days when "white = right" and in spite of one's relative ineptitude and ignorance, one could nonetheless sustain a financially reasonable existence. The rest of the GOP and the Democrats, as well, recognize that the U.S. is shifting every closer to being a full on meritocracy. That's especially and unsurprisingly frightening to those folks who would rather not have to work hard enough to compete with their countrymen to get the "good jobs" that are in abundance now, but that require either intellectual acuity, physical adroitness or both.
  • They don't like immigrants because many of them come to the U.S. with either innate business creation ability and motivations or with advanced degrees and technological know how.
  • They don't like minorities who are here because increasingly they are ensured of having the same opportunities to demonstrate their ability to be high performers and when they are given that opportunity, they rise to it.
  • They want the U.S. to have more low skilled labor jobs, but they expect those jobs to pay on par with skilled labor jobs and yet produce goods/services that must compete with those made elsewhere by low skilled and lowly paid workers. (Nevermind that such a combination of factors of production has never existed profitably.)

I was at the gym today on my lunch (the only time I catch Fox News -- and even then on mute) and it said "Obama releasing 15 high-risk detainees". It's just a constant fear dog-whistle, during its so-called "fair & balanced" news rotation of 8-5.

I /we grew up.

More than likely.

Studies show people adopt the political and social views of their parents.

If that's the excuse you want to try to make...

Don't know any conservatives in my class of 1983, heck even the PKs (preacher kids partied back then) looking at fb today 98% of them are now conservatives at 51. Even the ex cheerleaders...

And Fox News had a lot to do with that.

I was at the gym today on my lunch (the only time I catch Fox News -- and even then on mute) and it said "Obama releasing 15 high-risk detainees". It's just a constant fear dog-whistle, during its so-called "fair & balanced" news rotation of 8-5.
15 terrorists that might end up killing more Americans like some have is what you call a dog whistle?

As far as the poll, who's going to answer that except older lonely people?

stock-photo-death-kick-the-bucket-54388624.jpg

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I /we grew up.

Then you're the exception. The more common pattern is that people become more liberal as they grow older.

Busting Myth, People Turn More Liberal With Age

Seriously you know how ridiculous that sounds and slapped in the face of reality?

People are born liberal, get indocterated in K thru college, remain liberal, till they pay taxes, get married and have kids...conservative all the way till they get around 80 and don't care no more.

Fox News’s biggest problem isn’t the Ailes ouster, it’s that its average viewer is a dinosaur

The demise of Faux News is one of the soon to be real effects of the shift in demographics in the country. Conservatives will have to get their lies from AM radio after that which fits their desire to live in a world from 80 years ago to a tee.

Seriously you know how ridiculous that sounds and slapped in the face of reality?

The reality is you act like a spoiled toddler, and you're a conservative.

The reality is that far more conservatives than liberals here act like spoiled toddlers. This board is strong evidence of how maturity is associated with being liberal.

I showed an actual study. The conservatives responded with anger and anecdotes. Liberals are reason-based, conservatives are feelings-based.

I figured that from their commercials--medications and medical supplies. I don't think young people watch tv news, is all. They get it on their phones.

Talk radio is the same, full of erectile dysfunction ads

The demise of Faux News is one of the soon to be real effects of the shift in demographics in the country. Conservatives will have to get their lies from AM radio after that which fits their desire to live in a world from 80 years ago to a tee.
News flash. There is no conservative cable news. There is less liberal, but not conservative. So, we are already getting our news from AM radio, and the internet. But, being the well informed person that you are, I'm sure you already knew that.

15 terrorists that might end up killing more Americans like some have is what you call a dog whistle?

As far as the poll, who's going to answer that except older lonely people?

Yes.

None of those 15 detainees threaten anyone watching TV. What is threatening is our own government flouting the constitution by keeping them locked up in some purgatory between criminal imprisonment and POW camp. You can't make up reasons to hold people.

The reality is you act like a spoiled toddler, and you're a conservative.

The reality is that far more conservatives than liberals here act like spoiled toddlers. This board is strong evidence of how maturity is associated with being liberal.

I showed an actual study. The conservatives responded with anger and anecdotes. Liberals are reason-based, conservatives are feelings-based.
Really? wow, just wow. Ever actually looked at what people are posting? Inevitably threads devolve into no, you are. No, you are. It's really sad. Often times they start out with reasonable discussion then the idiots, on both sides come in, and the adults leave.
I wonder how long it will take here. Oh, wait, you already started it.

Forum List

Back