Fox News Median viewer age: 68

Fox News’s biggest problem isn’t the Ailes ouster, it’s that its average viewer is a dinosaur

Between that and the demographic shift in the U.S., how will the Republican party keep pace if its mouthpiece no longer catches enough eyeballs?

The demise of Faux News is one of the soon to be real effects of the shift in demographics in the country. Conservatives will have to get their lies from AM radio after that which fits their desire to live in a world from 80 years ago to a tee.
News flash. There is no conservative cable news. There is less liberal, but not conservative. So, we are already getting our news from AM radio, and the internet. But, being the well informed person that you are, I'm sure you already knew that.

LMAO, that would be a newsflash. Look, this sort of debate could rage on forever, but please try and make the case that Fox News is not the conservative/GOP mouthpiece.

I was at the gym today on my lunch (the only time I catch Fox News -- and even then on mute) and it said "Obama releasing 15 high-risk detainees". It's just a constant fear dog-whistle, during its so-called "fair & balanced" news rotation of 8-5.
15 terrorists that might end up killing more Americans like some have is what you call a dog whistle?

As far as the poll, who's going to answer that except older lonely people?

Yes.

None of those 15 detainees threaten anyone watching TV. What is threatening is our own government flouting the constitution by keeping them locked up in some purgatory between criminal imprisonment and POW camp. You can't make up reasons to hold people.
Foreign nationals don't have Constitutional rights, especially if they are not on US soil, which is why it's in Gitmo. How do you know what the released terrorists will do?

I was at the gym today on my lunch (the only time I catch Fox News -- and even then on mute) and it said "Obama releasing 15 high-risk detainees". It's just a constant fear dog-whistle, during its so-called "fair & balanced" news rotation of 8-5.
15 terrorists that might end up killing more Americans like some have is what you call a dog whistle?

Yes.

None of those 15 detainees threaten anyone watching TV. What is threatening is our own government flouting the constitution by keeping them locked up in some purgatory between criminal imprisonment and POW camp. You can't make up reasons to hold people.
Except for the fact that they want to kill all of us, including you.

Fox News’s biggest problem isn’t the Ailes ouster, it’s that its average viewer is a dinosaur

Between that and the demographic shift in the U.S., how will the Republican party keep pace if its mouthpiece no longer catches enough eyeballs?

The demise of Faux News is one of the soon to be real effects of the shift in demographics in the country. Conservatives will have to get their lies from AM radio after that which fits their desire to live in a world from 80 years ago to a tee.
News flash. There is no conservative cable news. There is less liberal, but not conservative. So, we are already getting our news from AM radio, and the internet. But, being the well informed person that you are, I'm sure you already knew that.

LMAO, that would be a newsflash. Look, this sort of debate could rage on forever, but please try and make the case that Fox News is not the conservative/GOP mouthpiece.
Don't need to. Just look at what they are doing to themselves. They make the case for me.

Seriously you know how ridiculous that sounds and slapped in the face of reality?

The reality is you act like a spoiled toddler, and you're a conservative.

The reality is that far more conservatives than liberals here act like spoiled toddlers. This board is strong evidence of how maturity is associated with being liberal.

I showed an actual study. The conservatives responded with anger and anecdotes. Liberals are reason-based, conservatives are feelings-based.
Really? wow, just wow. Ever actually looked at what people are posting? Inevitably threads devolve into no, you are. No, you are. It's really sad. Often times they start out with reasonable discussion then the idiots, on both sides come in, and the adults leave.
I wonder how long it will take here. Oh, wait, you already started it.

He didn't start it. It was started by a board conservative who made the snarky "we grow up" [and become conservatives] comment. Read the thread. If this devolves into something personal, it certainly didn't start with his post. Two conservative posters have since weighed in to characterize liberals as whiny children. Meanwhile, liberals in this thread have provided links to articles, studies, and have provided reasonable responses.

Don't need to. Just look at what they are doing to themselves. They make the case for me.

They most certainly do not. I gave an example from today's broadcast. What are you bringing besides blind, rote assertion?

The thread YOU STARTED was about the median age and how the median age of 68 is a dinosaur to you. Now you want to shift it to conservativism? You derailed your own thread. LOL

Yes.

Except for the fact that they want to kill all of us, including you.

Lots of people probably want to kill you. Welcome to earth. You're FAR more likely to kill yourself. Perhaps you should be in Guantanamo.

Yes.

Foreign nationals don't have Constitutional rights, especially if they are not on US soil, which is why it's in Gitmo. How do you know what the released terrorists will do?

Have you never heard of the Geneva Convention?

How much peril do you want to put captured U.S. soldiers in?

Seriously you know how ridiculous that sounds and slapped in the face of reality?

The reality is that far more conservatives than liberals here act like spoiled toddlers. This board is strong evidence of how maturity is associated with being liberal.

I showed an actual study. The conservatives responded with anger and anecdotes. Liberals are reason-based, conservatives are feelings-based.
No, you just threw a link out there and expected people to leave the site to see what you were babbling about. Any "study" that says we are born conservative is straight out of a rubber room.

The thread YOU STARTED was about the median age and how the median age of 68 is a dinosaur to you. Now you want to shift it to conservativism? You derailed your own thread. LOL

Nope, those were the words of the news article. Not me.

And 68 is, by any objective measure, old. Human life spans in the U.S. are maybe 10 years beyond that.

No, you just threw a link out there and expected people to leave the site to see what you were babbling about. Any "study" that says we are born conservative is straight out of a rubber room.

I've yet to see you post a single fact, or even a redeemable point. Either do that, or leave.

Yes.

They aren't being tortured in Gitmo, treated pretty good actually. But you shifted from the Constitution to the Geneva Convention pretty quick. Almost as if you didn't know what you were talking about.

I've yet to see you post a single fact, or even a redeemable point. Either do that, or leave.
I did. If I upset you I'll be sure to hang around. Thanks for the entertainment!

Yes.

They aren't being tortured in Gitmo, treated pretty good actually. But you shifted from the Constitution to the Geneva Convention pretty quick. Almost as if you didn't know what you were talking about.

You either have to follow the geneva convention, or the Constitution. One or the other. It's clear we're violating the Geneva Convention by holding POWs indefinitely even after hostilities are over. Moreover, we're holding people from countries with whom we're not at war. It's a mess. Read even ONE scholarly piece on Gitmo and you'd know that.

You're an excellent example of why Fox news is poisoning political conversations in the U.S. with lie after lie.

And 68 is, by any objective measure, old. Human life spans in the U.S. are maybe 10 years beyond that.
You didn't post the article but you said

"Between that and the demographic shift in the U.S., how will the Republican party keep pace if its mouthpiece no longer catches enough eyeballs?"

So now the topic is FOX is conservative, NOT the age of the viewers?

Any "study" that says we are born conservative is straight out of a rubber room.

Good thing the study didn't say that, eh?

If you had read about it, you would have known that, but that would have been too much trouble for you, and it might have interfered with your raging.

So, thanks for providing more evidence of the emotional nature of conservatives.

You didn't post the article but you said

"Between that and the demographic shift in the U.S., how will the Republican party keep pace if its mouthpiece no longer catches enough eyeballs?"

So now the topic is FOX is conservative, NOT the age of the viewers?

Another poster challenged the accepted fact that Fox posts news with a conservative bias.

If you can't keep up with the conversation, again, leave. Or at least have the decency to shut up.

Yes.

You either have to follow the geneva convention, or the Constitution. One or the other. It's clear we're violating the Geneva Convention by holding POWs indefinitely even after hostilities are over. Moreover, we're holding people from countries with whom we're not at war. It's a mess. Read even ONE scholarly piece on Gitmo and you'd know that.

You're an excellent example of why Fox news is poisoning political conversations in the U.S. with lie after lie.
Where does it say you must follow one or the other? What about other countries? Doesn't make sense, a citizen would be under the Constitution, there's no if ands or buts about it.

But go ahead and show us where it says how long we are to hold prisoners. You have failed in supporting your allegations so far. And explain where it says we must release them once "hostilities are over". This should be good.

Yes.

Where does it say you must follow one or the other? What about other countries? Doesn't make sense, a citizen would be under the Constitution, there's no if ands or buts about it.

But go ahead and show us where it says how long we are to hold prisoners. You have failed in supporting your allegations so far. And explain where it says we must release them once "hostilities are over". This should be good.

Geneva Conventions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think you just suffer from a deficit of information. Start here.

Forum List

Back