Fox News meteorologist demanding answers after losing both mother in-law and father in-law to Covid in New York nursing homes

Here's a little tidbit of information. People die in nursing homes everyday. Very few people who come in through the front door leave through that same door.

The fact that you outsourced the care of your family to strangers kind of robs you of the right to question how they died.

So misguided. They should have been quarantined from COVID, not had people with COVID introduced to their facility.

It’s pretty fucking simple.

My argument isn't that putting infected persons into a nursing home without containment was the right thing to do. My argument isn't even about which side screwed up/saved the planet better ... the Republicans or the Democrats.

My argument is, when we abrogate our medical decisions to the government (or anyone else), things will go horribly wrong.

Health care decisions are personal, not based on polls, statistics, or political posturing.
When the government's making your health care decisions for you, it's not personal. The bottom line is all that matters. The government wants to know how much it's going to cost to keep you alive. If the answer is above $X, you're going to die.

This is socialized medicine in action, folks. Don't like it? Stop insisting we need it.

Pretty much the same way a lot of insurance companies look at it. If you have something wrong that is expensive, they cap your payments at a certain level, and then you are expected to pay the rest. If you can't afford it? You die.
So, the eeeeevil insurance companies will let you die, but the good, kind, and benevolent government will...

...let you die.

This isn't much of an incentive for socialized medicine, is it?

I heard from a friend who lives in Rhode Island whose 94 year old mother lives in an assisted living facility. Mother tested positive but asymptomatic for the Chinese virus. The facility informed my friend that beginning in the morning mother would be sedated and all food and water withheld until death. Mother was planning on attending her weekly bridge game! This is what they are doing to many old people. This woman is not sick. She would be killed anyway. How many others are there killed like this?

Here's a little tidbit of information. People die in nursing homes everyday. Very few people who come in through the front door leave through that same door.

The fact that you outsourced the care of your family to strangers kind of robs you of the right to question how they died.
My God that was probably one of the shittiest damned things I ever saw posted here. If this was Fla your attitude would be 180.
You probably never realized that a lot of nursing homes are rehab centers to go home. So they can die too huh.

Dear Lord I'l never read your sick S again.

I heard from a friend who lives in Rhode Island whose 94 year old mother lives in an assisted living facility. Mother tested positive but asymptomatic for the Chinese virus. The facility informed my friend that beginning in the morning mother would be sedated and all food and water withheld until death. Mother was planning on attending her weekly bridge game! This is what they are doing to many old people. This woman is not sick. She would be killed anyway. How many others are there killed like this?

"I heard from a friend"..........................if this was actually happening, then your friend should report it to a news outlet and hold the home accountable.

Personally? I think this is a story you made up.

Andrew Cuomo has an 80% approval rating.
I bet that was a mail-in poll...fraudulent!
US Military members submit mail-in ballots. Are you saying they are fraudulent?
He doesn’t know what he’s saying. He can’t even articulate what Obama Gate is all about. He’s a mindless parrot.
:auiqs.jpg: Right-on!!!!
I was obviously too subtle in my sarcasm.

So misguided. They should have been quarantined from COVID, not had people with COVID introduced to their facility.

My argument isn't that putting infected persons into a nursing home without containment was the right thing to do. My argument isn't even about which side screwed up/saved the planet better ... the Republicans or the Democrats.

My argument is, when we abrogate our medical decisions to the government (or anyone else), things will go horribly wrong.

Health care decisions are personal, not based on polls, statistics, or political posturing.
When the government's making your health care decisions for you, it's not personal. The bottom line is all that matters. The government wants to know how much it's going to cost to keep you alive. If the answer is above $X, you're going to die.

This is socialized medicine in action, folks. Don't like it? Stop insisting we need it.
^^^ scared rabbit lives in fear ^^^

Sounds like someone who is clueless about having to care for people who cannot care for themselves. No surprise of course. Ignorance and stupidity judging others when you don't have a clue what their circumstances are is very liberal.

Pretty much the same way a lot of insurance companies look at it. If you have something wrong that is expensive, they cap your payments at a certain level, and then you are expected to pay the rest. If you can't afford it? You die.
For caveman all corporations are good, all government is bad. It’s the simple thinking of a simple man.

daveman was the inspiration:

1590191964501.jpeg

So, the eeeeevil insurance companies will let you die, but the good, kind, and benevolent government will...

...let you die.

This isn't much of an incentive for socialized medicine, is it?
So, the eeeeevil government will let you die, but the good, kind, and benevolent corporations will...

...let you die.

See how stupid you sound? No?

My God that was probably one of the shittiest damned things I ever saw posted here. If this was Fla your attitude would be 180.
You probably never realized that a lot of nursing homes are rehab centers to go home. So they can die too huh.

That’s bullshit. Rehab centers are for short-term care, like you said. Although a lot of people are there for the duration. But assisted living facilities and nursing and memory cares - people don’t go home from there. They go from the ALF either TO a nursing home, if they still have their faculties, or a MC if they need constant supervision. And the price reflects these differences, from $2500-$3500 per month for Senior Living (no assistance) to$3000-$5500 for ALF, and up to $7000 per month for Memory Care. And NONE OF THEM DO REHAB. They aren’t licensed for rehabilitation, that’s why ALFs send their residents to Rehabs. When they are finished, usually weeks later, they go back to their ALF.

Sounds like someone who is clueless about having to care for people who cannot care for themselves. No surprise of course. Ignorance and stupidity judging others when you don't have a clue what their circumstances are is very liberal.

Actually, I spent two years of my nursing training working in aged / chronic care facilities. Some rather nice, some that were nightmares.

I watch the families of the patients and can roughly put them into three categories. Family that would regularly abuse the staff because they felt guilty for putting the family member in a home and abusing staff made them feel like they still care. The second category are family trying to get their hooks into grandma's property and are continually shoving documents in her face to sign or, worse yet, families who have full on cage fights in the facility over who gets grandpa's Buick.

The third category are family members who are non-existent.

The lesson I learned is that i would consider being staked out in the sun and left for the crows to be more humane than being placed in aged care.

Andrew Cuomo has an 80% approval rating.
I bet that was a mail-in poll...fraudulent!
US Military members submit mail-in ballots. Are you saying they are fraudulent?
He doesn’t know what he’s saying. He can’t even articulate what Obama Gate is all about. He’s a mindless parrot.
:auiqs.jpg: Right-on!!!!
I was obviously too subtle in my sarcasm.
Yeah, you were idb - sorry. I read your name wrong and thought you were a wingnut.

I'm not sure what the problem is.

Texas Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick, who is of the opinion that old people, i.e. those most at risk, should volunteer to die to save the economy.

And didn't President Trump ask Dr. Fauci, the nation’s leading infectious disease expert and a key member of the White House’s coronavirus task force, whether U.S. officials could allow the coronavirus pandemic to “wash over” the country,

But don't worry, Trump and Mike Pence, between them get 14 tests a week. So everything should be OK.
you forgot to mention they are also WHITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
deano--I haven't seen you for a while...good to see ya
Well if they’re Republican, you just kind of assume they’re going to be white. Do you know out of the hundreds of Republicans in the House and in the Senate, there’s only one black Republican senator, Senator Scott, and one black Republican congressman, representative Hurd.

and representative Hurd says he’s quitting and Scott says he’s thinking about it.

so it’s entirely possible that by time Scott leaves office, the Republican party will have a membership as white as a German party from the 1930s.

i’m not calling them racist. But it’s awfully weird.

That’s bullshit. Rehab centers are for short-term care, like you said. Although a lot of people are there for the duration. But assisted living facilities and nursing and memory cares - people don’t go home from there. They go from the ALF either TO a nursing home, if they still have their faculties, or a MC if they need constant supervision. And the price reflects these differences, from $2500-$3500 per month for Senior Living (no assistance) to$3000-$5500 for ALF, and up to $7000 per month for Memory Care. And NONE OF THEM DO REHAB. They aren’t licensed for rehabilitation, that’s why ALFs send their residents to Rehabs. When they are finished, usually weeks later, they go back to their ALF.
Your avatar and abysmal reaction score leads me to believe you have no heart or soul. Sorry. It is what I see.

I could say people with low reaction scores should be put in homes. Please enough of this bull S.

Cuomo's glib explanation doesn't quite cut it. "Hey old people are gonna die." Yes Andrew especially when you bio-bomb them in their nursing homes.

Well, they're liberals, they hate unborn children, and old people.
There is no such thing as an unborn child. And an acorn is not an ungrown tree.

You know, you guys keep bitching about how Cuomo has handled this virus pandemic.

Hate to tell you, but the tri state area (NY, NJ and CT) are seeing their curve decline and people are starting to get better.

In other places? The cases and the death toll is still rising. You say Cumo has messed up, but if that is so, why are cases in NYC and the tri state area declining while other states are still rising at a high rate of speed?
They are saying he messed up because he has been extremely successful and now has an 80% approval rating. Donny Douchebag is around 36%.

In fact, every single governor has a higher approval than President Plump except for.....

Brian Kemp. :lol:

Forum List

Back