Fox News says Tucker Carlson breached his contract

I am not sure, I guess we would all need access to go over the contract.

However, I believe he did get a payout, to leave, and stick to a non-compete clause.

It was my understanding, that Fox was going to continue to pay him, as long as he did not get a job with a competitor.
Twitter is not a competitor.

What do they gain by silencing him until after the election? The Dominion lawsuit already revealed that he secretly hates Trump with a passion as he shillled for him on TV every night. Who is he going to pretend to support this election cycle, and why would FOX care?
Because FOX wants those eyeballs on their advertisements. The longer Tucker stays off air the more of his followers will find the next talking head and that head would absolutely not be one of the options on the other major networks. They will lose many to OAN, Newsmax or another source but they would inevitably keep some as well. With Tucker moving his show, the pool of those that he stay will be much smaller as they will just follow him. this is particularly true with the election coming as people are going to want to follow the show.

It has nothing to do with the candidates, it has to do with the money.

The 'i'm just asking questions' tactic is overplayed. You live in 2023 now. You can find the answers to your hayseed, magaturd questions rather easily.

So, stop being annoying, and wasting everyone's time.
Should be pretty easy for you to post this election claim of his, since it’s all on video.

But you can’t even do that?

This is interesting.

So, we all know that the Murdoch's, Fox Corp. and Tucker had a falling out. Every pundit and their brother has had a theory as to why the most popular news commentary show was cancelled at the height of its popularity.

. . . and of course, Tucker is still under contract, so, technically, he can't go to work for anyone else. Yet.

So? Is Tucker, by making videos on twitter, just making personal content to espouse his views on public events? Or has he breached his contract and become a subcontracting, "employee," for twitter? Bringing in revenue for that platform?

Scoop: Fox News says Tucker Carlson breached his contract​

Is this a corporate, contractual issue, that has only to do with money and business?

Or is the a free speech issue, and a battle of the populists and a defense of liberty against the man?

:dunno:

If they kept paying him according to his contract, then he could be in breach. If they stopped the checks, the company would have breached first, and all bets are off.

If they kept paying him according to his contract, then he could be in breach. If they stopped the checks, the company would have breached first, and all bets are off.

Even if they have continued paying him, does that mean, as a private citizen, he is not allowed to comment on current events on social media?

Especially, if he does not seek, or expect remuneration for that commentary? :dunno:

. . . I realize, most of this, might be hypothetical, most of us are not corporate lawyers, and we do not know the specifics of his contract. . .

(This is why I believe this is a first Amendment issue, and not a media issue.)

:eusa_think:

This is interesting.

So, we all know that the Murdoch's, Fox Corp. and Tucker had a falling out. Every pundit and their brother has had a theory as to why the most popular news commentary show was cancelled at the height of its popularity.

. . . and of course, Tucker is still under contract, so, technically, he can't go to work for anyone else. Yet.

So? Is Tucker, by making videos on twitter, just making personal content to espouse his views on public events? Or has he breached his contract and become a subcontracting, "employee," for twitter? Bringing in revenue for that platform?

Is this a corporate, contractual issue, that has only to do with money and business?

Or is this a free speech issue, and a battle of the populists and a defense of liberty against the man?

If he signed a contract to not report news until a certain date, then there is no free speech.

This is interesting.

Or is this a free speech issue, and a battle of the populists and a defense of liberty against the man?

If Tucker has a non-compete clause, or had it contract bought out......Fox can probably sue.

If Tucker has a non-compete clause, or had it contract bought out......Fox can probably sue.
Of course, anyone can sue anyone.

Whether they have a case or not, to silence private citizens and their first Amendment rights, and their ability to just speak their mind?

Meh, that is entirely a different argument.

If he signed a contract to not report news until a certain date, then there is no free speech.
I guess we would need to see the contract, and see what the attorneys are going to argue.

Some would say, he is just a private citizen talking on social media, like anyone else.

I don't think, just because he used to be an employee of a cable news channel, he loses his first amendment rights.

Didn't Fox News kinda invalidate his contract when they FIRED HIM?!

:popcorn:
It depends. Did they fire him, as in terminate his employment and then we'd have to see what kind of termination agreement he signed. Or did they just remove him from the air while still keeping him under contract?

It depends. Did they fire him, as in terminate his employment and then we'd have to see what kind of termination agreement he signed. Or did they just remove him from the air while still keeping him under contract?

They could have also bought out his contract. Which means for the term of the contract, they can say where he produces content.

They could have also bought out his contract. Which means for the term of the contract, they can say where he produces content.
True. We won't know if that is in there, unless, and until further developments.

Forum List

Back