Fox/Republican: If the poor "just stop being poor" they'd be fine

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
'Fox Business' Commentator Tells 'Daily Show' Correspondent, 'If You're Poor, Stop Being Poor'

Sometimes the arrogance, and ignorance, are just mind numbing.

That's it folks, the answer to the problems of America's poor. This Fox News commentator, Republican advocate, laid it out.

The poor just......need to stop being poor. That's all.

How? Well, take a minimum wage job or two. Sure, rent, gas, groceries, water, power....all are going up so it'll be hard to keep pace. So move in with a couple friends. And you can all eat Ramen noodles and tap water and save your money and start up a business. But, can you compete with all the massive corporations out there? Probably not.

But, if you work your way up in that min wage job to, say, shift manager? Well, will you get the pay raises and wages you can "stop being poor" with? Probably not. Well, if we cut your bosses taxes they'll give you a raise. Probably not, but in theory, ya know?

SO there you go poor people. That's how you succeed, and become one of the RICH!!!!

Just....you know....just stop being poor. I don't know why you didn't think of this sooner. And I sure in the hell don't know whats taking you so damn long to, well, just stop being poor:(

The idiot was also being asked about a place with a horrible healthcare situation. Watch the link or read it. What the host described sounded like a 3rd world country, and the Fox contributor said that's what America could end up being one day or something.

Then he was informed that the place was Knoxville, Tennessee. And he was silent. He was stunned that America has places with such bad healthcare (We are 37th in the world).

ANd his answer?

The poor just need to "stop being poor".

Simple, huh?

REPUBLICAN PARTY 2016 SLOGAN: Paul/Cruz- "Stop Being Poor"

High unemployment and record numbers on welfare has blossomed under O. What a legacy.

Yep. The middle class (self described) has shrunk by a fifth under Obummer. What a tremendous legacy for the progressives, they've managed to put 50 million more people into the poor pile.

Idiots.

Poor people might be poor because they do not have the cognitive ability to hold a high paying job. But if they are just plain lazy, then I say, let them be poor.

Translation: If the poor would contribute to their own well-being in some cases, they wouldn't be so bad off. I know some of these people I speak of. They quit school, have children, wouldn't keep a job long and they spend more time trying to figure out how to get something for nothing than they do on improving themselves.

It means that some people simply need to take a look at themselves and ask what they did wrong and try to correct it. Before the libs here have a hissy fit and start talking about people who are down through no fault of their own, I remind you that I'm talking about the real losers who consistently make the worst decisions and then don't want to own up. I am tired of the victimhood mentality where some think they are entitled to things because they exist.

If some would just finish school through the GED program, stop breaking the law, stop having children, stop spending welfare money on tattoos and other stupid shit and actually do something positive to improve themselves, they might find that things don't have to be so bad.

I know teenagers who quit school, had babies and went on welfare without ever entering the work force. It doesn't get easier when they turn 30 and have no diploma, no experience and no ambition. It gets harder the longer they wait.

High school students need the same warning many of us got. If you screw around and don't take responsibility seriously, you'll end up on the street or on welfare. If parents don't help their kids get their shit together early on, the kids will end up as 5th generation welfare recipients with little hope of realizing their dreams.

What good is an opportunity if you're not prepared to rise to the occasion and meet it? There are still some good jobs that require education and experience. People are fools not to concern themselves with building a good resume and it starts with summer jobs, a completed education and good recommendations from employers. Throw in some community service and you might be able to get hired. Those things are obtainable for anyone who tries. Helps to be personable and speak well. Who the hell wants to hire someone with tons of face piercing, no diploma, no experience and one who mumbles or talks like some brain dead idiot? Ever sit in the mall and watch and listen to some of these young people? They look and sound so stupid.

Too many expect to be saved by government, regardless of how many stupid things they did and despite not doing their part to increase their chances of success.

Poor people might be poor because they do not have the cognitive ability to hold a high paying job. But if they are just plain lazy, then I say, let them be poor.

They likely get that cognitive ability by watching their parents. Being in a family that has known nothing other than dependence means no positive role models. Seriously, parents bear the responsibility of preparing their children for the future. Too many have lost control or just don't know how to raise children. The overwhelmed teachers can't do it all.

The left assumes that people have no choices when it comes to personal responsibility. To help them, they take choices away from the rest of us who are responsible, as if a lack of government control is at the root of the problems we face. Unreasonable government regulations are often the cause of a lack of jobs. They are attacking the trucking industry and wages there have gone down. Coal jobs will disappear. Those working for companies that made light bulbs will lose their jobs. Lots of restaurants and grocery stores will suffer because of new regulations on labeling. Higher taxes hurt us middle class. Prices are up everywhere because it costs more to transport goods. I think the government would be happy if we were all poor so they could control us. We are slowly headed that way.

Last edited:
Sure, some poor people got themselves into that situation.

But some didn't. Some were born poor, and have no jobs available as teenagers except minimum wage, and even those, there are 10 people fighting for 1 job.

So, they turn 18 poor. They could go into big debt and go to college. But a college degree no longer means shit.

So if you are born poor, and don't wanna be poor, but are amongst the millions and millions fighting for one of just thousands of jobs that will make you rich......what do you do if you don't get it?

You're still poor, despite putting in a lot of effort.

How does a poor person just "stop being poor", when not everyone can be rich? What do we do with the rest of people? Just say screw 'em?

High unemployment and record numbers on welfare has blossomed under O. What a legacy.
But also record corporate profits. Strange how those two things can go together at the same time..... record poverty and record profits. You'd think that eventually rich people would say, "Okay, $45b is enough money. I can raise my workers' wages and only live on my remaining $20b."

We won't put banker executives under a guillotine for confessing to funding terrorism against us during war, but we'll sure as shit cut food stamps for working poor people..... because we're a good moral Christian nation.

But also record corporate profits. Strange how those two things can go together at the same time..... record poverty and record profits. You'd think that eventually rich people would say, "Okay, $45b is enough money. I can raise my workers' wages and only live on my remaining $20b."

We won't put banker executives under a guillotine for confessing to funding terrorism against us during war, but we'll sure as shit cut food stamps for working poor people..... because we're a good moral Christian nation.

That's what I don't get. The right wing keeps saying that our poor are poor because of Obama, and that the lack of opportunity in this country is due to Obama.

Yet, the rich keep getting richer, at a pace that is so fast it breaks records, and corporate profits are growing rapidly.

It has slowly made me have absolutely no sympathy for the rich. I don't hate them. But I sure as hell don't pity them when their taxes are raised.

That's what I don't get. The right wing keeps saying that our poor are poor because of Obama, and that the lack of opportunity in this country is due to Obama.

Yet, the rich keep getting richer, at a pace that is so fast it breaks records, and corporate profits are growing rapidly.

It has slowly made me have absolutely no sympathy for the rich. I don't hate them. But I sure as hell don't pity them when their taxes are raised.

Well then, someone should tell bucs that Obama has a net worth of around $14 million. Oh but he's one of the poor folks.

Citing a comedy program for news analysis sums up this thread.

So when Daily Show interviews a Republican, it doesn't matter what they say?

The Daily Show is more reliable for something even close to accurate news than FoxNews or MSNBC.

Fox has just become a sad joke. Basically a 24 hour Republican Party infomercial. MSNBC is no better.

This is the republican party...It is really stupid!

1295375531_cat-jump-fail.gif

I just don't understand why poor people choose to be poor.

Why don't they just get themselves a raise? They should just make their paycheck bigger and stop being poor.

The GOP has it right. Just stop being poor.

So there's only "rich" and "poor", huh?

No. Plenty of people go through life not being obsessed with becoming rich. They find a career they like, or they start a business and build it (yes, THEY build it). They never become anywhere near rich, but they're happy, and they're smart and humble with their money. They sacrifice, they don't feel a need for the fanciest cars or biggest houses. They put money away. They concentrate on their families and on other things that make them happy. They don't stew on what others have, getting angrier and angrier by the day.

And guess what - when they're ready to retire, they retire.

The lefties' obsession with being "rich" is eating them up inside.

Money doesn't buy happiness, gang.

Last edited:

No. Plenty of people go through life not being obsessed with becoming rich. They find a career they like, or they start a business and build it (yes, THEY build it). They never become anywhere near rich, but they're happy, and they're smart and humble with their money. They sacrifice, they don't feel a need for the fanciest cars or biggest houses. They put money away.

Its slowly getting that way. I'm not a lefty. I hate both sides. And here is my take, in plain, simple, short summary:

- The policies of the left wing make it harder for a middle class person to become upper class
- The policies of the right wing make it harder for lower class people to become middle class

That's basically it. The taxes of the left prevent many middle class folks from becoming rich. And the business ideals of the right prevent many poor people from getting above poverty.

Fuck 'em both.

No. Plenty of people go through life not being obsessed with becoming rich. They find a career they like, or they start a business and build it (yes, THEY build it). They never become anywhere near rich, but they're happy, and they're smart and humble with their money. They sacrifice, they don't feel a need for the fanciest cars or biggest houses. They put money away.

Its slowly getting that way. I'm not a lefty. I hate both sides. And here is my take, in plain, simple, short summary:

- The policies of the left wing make it harder for a middle class person to become upper class
- The policies of the right wing make it harder for lower class people to become middle class

That's basically it. The taxes of the left prevent many middle class folks from becoming rich. And the business ideals of the right prevent many poor people from getting above poverty.

Fuck 'em both.

What's your solution ace?

Forum List

Back