Fox "Terrorist Won" Because Samuel Adams Beer Didn’t Use God In Their Ad

Is that the best the "news hounds" (we watch Fox so you don't have to) can do with a cherry picked sentence? What a pathetic bunch.

What "cherry picked sentence"? The segment is over three minutes long. It's all there.

Do you ever read anything?

I'm assuming the "cherry picked sentence" being referred to is "The terrorists have won" joke that was in the title of the story.

Look at who owns Fox and it's clear why they say what they do.

Dean, you slithering fuckwad - you tell the same lies - that you get from the hates sites, over and over. Virtually nothing you post is ever true - this is no exception.

Fox News Channel (FNC) is a wholly owned entity of News Corp. News Corp is incorporated in Delaware, USA. (Guess you were lying, you piece of shit.) News Corp is a publicly traded company.

Now RDean is a partisan hack, and stupid as a doorknob. Since he has no brain, he can't grasp that the two claims he is programmed with by the hate sites contradict each other - that Rupert Murdoch owns Fox, and that the Arabs own Fox. But RDean and other Obamunists aren't concerned with being rational.

Murdoch owns the controlling interest in the corporation - fact.

What video did you watch? I know the far left aren't exactly big supporters of the first amendment but the 20 second discussion had nothing to do with wanting God in beer commercials. They were asking about some "beer code" forbidding God in beer commercials nonsense. The discussion was about freedom of speech as opposed to speech codes from some unknown beer-speech code king. Seriously! You need to stop with the knee-jerk reactions.

How in the world is this about "free speech"?? Not even the Fox Fiends claimed that. The First Amendment -- and I will always capitalize it-- is about restricting what the government can do with religion. There's no government involved in how a beer company puts its TV commercial together. The only "free speech" aspect of this shoddy piece of pseudojournalistic turd is the Fox Fiends wanting to control the free speech of a private company, sanctimoniously insisting they "left something out".

Two, it's the It's the "Code of Good Practice for Distilled Spirits Advertising and Marketing" from the Distilled Spirits Council of the United States (DISCUS), which I've already quoted and linked... how does that morph into "some beer code nonsense"? How did the Fox Fiends morph it into "whatever bogus organization" and "some old red tape"? That 'bogus organization' supervises how the alcohol advertisers on their own channel stay responsible in their advertising. Now they wanna play dumb about it?

Two-A, when have you ever seen a beer commercial -- or any alcohol advertising anywhere -- invoke a deity to sell booze? Doesn't happen. Now on what basis should this particular company start violating that code?

Three, you've contradicted yourself in consecutive sentences here:
...the 20 second discussion had nothing to do with wanting God in beer commercials. They were asking about some "beer code" forbidding God in beer commercials nonsense.
'Nuff said there.

Four, the segment is over three minutes long, not "20 seconds". Why are you understating it by 900%? Trying to shrink it until it goes away? Embarrassed? Or are you suggesting that Fox Noise can run a 30 second spot and have a discussion on it in less time than it takes the spot itself to run? That reminds me ... Einstein called. He was screaming. My German is not great but I'm pretty sure it had something to do with your stretching time.

And Five, you didn't address the question at the end -- is Fox and Fiends a religion show, or is it not? If it is not, then why is it pushing for religion in advertising?

The Fox segment was about restricting what the government can do with religion? When the hell did that happen? The segment was about leaving out the part of the constitution that mentions God. I personally don't give a damn and Sam Adams can do any damn thing they want but this segment had nothing to do with the government.
You're quite right, the segment was longer than twenty seconds. I was referring to the discussion as opposed to the clip of the commercial but I was still off by a minute or two. Kindly give my apologies to Einstein. I didn't mean to confuse him.
You finally ask is Fox and Friends a religious show. No it's not. I have no idea what your point is. Only religious shows can talk about beer commercials? What? Only religious shows can report on references to God in the constitution? What? Only the 700 club can report on the Pope's travels? What exactly is your point?
Finally, if you think I contradicted myself then it's because you are talking about an authoritarian theocracy and I'm talking about a beer commercial reported on by Fox.
Let me end with some bullet points
1. It was a segment on Fox about some people angry because a beer commercial left out the God part in the constitution.
2. Mr. Watera was joking when he claimed "The terrorists have won".
3. Thanks to this report, I now know there is some sort of beer speech code thingy.
4. The segment had nothing to do with overthrowing the government.
Just as a side note, I would like to assure you that this country will not fall into a religious fervor and start burning witches anytime soon. So please relax. Trust me. I would be the first one burned...with damn good reason I might add.

Well I'd toss a bucket of water on that, trust me. You're too valuable here :razz:

4. I know full well it's got nothing to do with government. That's my point. It's not a "free speech" issue as you tried to make it. The First Amendment (which you brought up) is not in play here.

...some people angry because a beer commercial left out the God part in the constitution
Who was "angry"? Who even had an issue with this pseudo-issue until Fox brought it up with the old "some people say" song and dance? (do you notice, they never spell out exactly who "some people" are?)

More on this directly...

2. You're the only guy claiming this was a "joke". What gives you the idea it's a joke? And how is something some people are allegedly "angry" about -- a "joke"? They dedicated almost an entire program segment to this nonissue which is clearly based on a fallacy -- that a beer commercial was purporting to quote the Declaration of Independence. Obviously it wasn't. Yet they contrived an entire three-and-a-half minute segment dedicated to this fallacy (the first 19 seconds were excised from the video as irrelevant, and can be seen here in the full clip -- actual real relevant news that they quickly got the spotlight off so they could roast this canard and get on with the company business of "accentuate the negative").

Get your bib on, because I'm finally about to talk about Fox Noise...:tongue:

What they're doing, inventing this phony strawman outrage based on a fallacy, is being true to what Fox does; it sells emotion, specifically Fear. "They're coming for you", the evil black man or the evil gummint or the evil natural disaster or the evil Democrats. (ideally they can come up with a story where all of them combine: "Obama creates hurricane, millions killed" - I'm sure they're working on it.)

Turn on Fox Noise any hour of any day, or go to their website: the first thing you'll see is some kind of Fear. "They're coming" for your house, your car, your money, your daughters, your sons, your marriage, your grandparents, your lifestyle, your job, your investments, your morals, your sexuality, your politics, your food, your water, your clothes, your movies, your books, hell they're probably coming for your haircut. This creates an emotional dependence link.

Because paranoia sells, and Fox, being the guardians of the fear flame, well we're the guys warning you about all this so obviously we're the only ones "on your side" (since they already "came" for your media) and we'll be right back to tell you about the next thing you have to fear after we sell you some more deodorant -- a commercial itself based on fear. So you stay tuned, because you need us.

In this case, having already tinkered with the "war on Christmas" and similar poppycockery, they're using the old "some people" strawman to sell more fear of "they're coming for your religion" and/or "they're coming for your Constitution". "Oh look, the bastards have edited the Constitution!". When you've taken the idea away from the freezer of rationality and put it on the flame pit of emotion, then logic goes out the window and you have viewers ready to believe that a beer company has edited the Constitution. It hasn't. They've floated a fallacy based on fear and "some people" who are never named, all to plant a seed of fear for a gullible audience. Because gullible audiences addict themselves to fear, and that keeps 'em coming back, and that means ratings, and ratings means money. It's what they do, and they do it well and they do it incessantly.

(I don't follow this stuff but does anyone know how Fox Noise is doing in the ratings?)

That is what I mean by an emotional codependent relationship. It serves the same purpose as the sugar in your spaghetti sauce -- not for any nutritional value but just to get you addicted.

And btw Fear is no "joke". Although the fallacy employed here certainly is.

Murdoch owns the controlling interest in the corporation - fact.

And further fact: Before he had TV, Murdoch made his fortune on tabloid newspapers. In other words........ selling Fear. Connect the dots.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back