FOX vs MSNBC

LoneLaugher

Diamond Member
Oct 3, 2011
Inside Mac's Head
In response to another thread......replete with accusations of bias from these two networks......here is an opportunity show what you've got.

Please post your clips of these networks being ridiculously biased or otherwise exhibiting whacked out journalism.

Keep your comments brief.....to non-existent. Lets allow the networks to speak for themselves.

Are they really EQUALLY bad? Or is one worse than the other?

Begin..........

I recommend everyone watch BOTH Fox AND MSNBC, that way you'll be so angry you won't know WHAT to do!

What's the point?

I mean, suppose we assemble some kind of "final score" -- then what? We have two useless misinformation channels, one worse than the other. This tells us what? We should use the one with the lower score?

Kind of like a presidential election between the lesser of two evils if ya ask me... :dunno:

LL,

Not to sidetrack the thread, but I view them both about the same on the biased scale. I'll watch both but prefer CNN for news even though it is slightly left leaning.

If I just want to know what is going on in the world, I prefer Fox. Mute the commentary, I don't care for extremist conservatives any more than I care for extremist liberals i.e. progressives, and read the headlines and banners and I can find out what is happening. If I want to hear the other side of the issue, I will turn to MSNBC.

I'm looking forward to following this thread though. It ought to be interesting what stories the extremists come up with that proves their network is less biased then the other side.

Immie

Last edited:
The only show I watch on MSNBC is Lockup...the show is obviously racist...:eusa_whistle:

[youtube]GB7lfKn41Do[/youtube]

Last edited:
The only show I watch on MSNBC is Lockup...which is obviously racist...:eusa_whistle:

[youtube]GB7lfKn41Do[/youtube]

I like "To Catch a Predator". I can't believe someone would be so stupid to actually go to the home of a minor that they have conversed with in a sexually explicit chat room for the purpose of having sex with said minor and then to think they can get away with it and claim that they were only there to talk. Oy vey!

I can't help but believe it is made up like Operation Repo.

Immie

LL,

Not to sidetrack the thread, but I view them both about the same on the biased scale. I'll watch both but prefer CNN for news even though it is slightly left leaning.

If I just want to know what is going on in the world, I prefer Fox. Mute the commentary, I don't care for extremist conservatives any more than I care for extremist liberals i.e. progressives, and read the headlines and banners and I can find out what is happening. If I want to hear the other side of the issue, I will turn to MSNBC.

I'm looking forward to following this thread though. It ought to be interesting what stories the extremists come up with that proves their network is less biased then the other side.

Immie

Well...what I see is an admission by nutters tht FOX is less than stellar when it comes to journalistic integrity. But that is often....if not always....followed by a claim that MSNBC is "just as bad" or "worse".

I figured a thread devoted to clips of both networks being full of shit would be one way to determine if there is parity. If they are both equally awful, there should be no shortage of examples from both.

Thus far.........nobody has felt compelled to submit an example. This thread might just go the way of a 2A thread. We'll see.

LL,

Immie

Well...what I see is an admission by nutters tht FOX is less than stellar when it comes to journalistic integrity. But that is often....if not always....followed by a claim that MSNBC is "just as bad" or "worse".

I figured a thread devoted to clips of both networks being full of shit would be one way to determine if there is parity. If they are both equally awful, there should be no shortage of examples from both.

Thus far.........nobody has felt compelled to submit an example. This thread might just go the way of a 2A thread. We'll see.

First was, "what I see is an admission by nutters tht FOX is less than stellar...", a slam at me claiming I am a nutter and I made such a claim? Not sure of the tone here.

Second, I agree with you and think it will be interesting if it goes anywhere.

Finally, what is a "2A thread"?

And for the record, it has been a while since I was on the Fox bandstand. I graduated to the "you can't trust a damned one of them" bandstand a long, long time ago. You might get away with claiming that I am nuts, but I don't think you can prove that I consistently swing from the right even if I do identify with them more so than the left. :)

Oh, and for the record, I didn't want to participate because it would have entailed listening to one source or the other too long to find the clips you requested. I'd rather eat cow manure!

Immie

Last edited:
LL,

Immie

First was, "what I see is an admission by nutters tht FOX is less than stellar...", a slam at me claiming I am a nutter and I made such a claim? Not sure of the tone here.

And for the record, it has been a while since I was on the Fox bandstand. I graduated to the "you can't trust a damned one of them" bandstand a long, long time ago. You might get away with claiming that I am nuts, but I don't think you can prove that I consistently swing from the right even if I do identify with them more so than the left. :)

Oh, and for the record, I didn't want to participate because it would have entailed listening to one source or the other too long to find the clips you requested. I'd rather eat cow manure!

Immie

Nope. Not a slam at you. I do not consider you to be a nutter.

A 2A thread is a thread by that dude The2ndAmendment. They die quickly......

We'll have to see if those who like posting clips find their way here or not.

Immie

Nope. Not a slam at you. I do not consider you to be a nutter.

A 2A thread is a thread by that dude The2ndAmendment. They die quickly......

We'll have to see if those who like posting clips find their way here or not.

Haha about the "2A thread". I think most of my threads die quickly. Then again I don't usually start a thread because by the time I find something worth starting a thread about, there are already half a dozen threads about it. :)

Immie

Hmmm.

The only show I watch on MSNBC is... well... none. Used to get a kick out of Olbermann now and zen. No idea the names of shows on FOX but catch O'rally from time to time and that show with the women zombies with hot legs. Kind of brings R Crumb to mind in a way...

But I digress...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h172eAPdPFo&feature=player_detailpage&list=PL5401545812E8AC86]Sean Hannity caught in a blatant lie - YouTube[/ame]

Campaigning by news report?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gh6r5ALVMo&list=PL5401545812E8AC86&feature=player_detailpage]Fox News Edits Criticism of McCain Out of Daily Show Clip? - YouTube[/ame]

Lost in the ozone. Again.
With some tit for good measure.

Last edited by a moderator:
In response to another thread......replete with accusations of bias from these two networks......here is an opportunity show what you've got.

Please post your clips of these networks being ridiculously biased or otherwise exhibiting whacked out journalism.

Keep your comments brief.....to non-existent. Lets allow the networks to speak for themselves.

Begin..........
You're trying to compare apples and oranges. They're not the same thing. One is an actual media outlet, the other is the propaganda arm of the republican party. One reports the news and provides commentary (from slightly right to liberal viewpoints), the other deliberately try's to decieve its viewers in order to show extreme right-wing talking points as mainstream media.

I can provide many examples of Faux News overwhelming bias towards right-wing positions and views. I can show how they stack the deck on commentators that are almost 70% right wing pundits, with 30% giving opposing views. I can prove how wrong their reports are.

As far as MSNBC, aside from kissing a little too much Obama ass, I challenge anyone to provide a report from them that was false or faked.

Begin..........
You're trying to compare apples and oranges. They're not the same thing. One is an actual media outlet, the other is the propaganda arm of the republican party. One reports the news and provides commentary (from slightly right to liberal viewpoints), the other deliberately try's to decieve its viewers in order to show extreme right-wing talking points as mainstream media.

I can provide many examples of Faux News overwhelming bias towards right-wing positions and views. I can show how they stack the deck on commentators that are almost 70% right wing pundits, with 30% giving opposing views. I can prove how wrong their reports are.

As far as MSNBC, aside from kissing a little too much Obama ass, I challenge anyone to provide a report from them that was false or faked.

Excellent. Post away..............

431885_591656074189595_1189691638_n.jpg

Forum List

Back