Fox's Brian Kilmeade Asks Black Co-host If She Makes Kool-Aid

When it comes to what others are thinking? I tend to go with that unless I'm certain. I'm careful that way.

It is obvious TO ME that she was lying. Her story was way too convenient to be believable BY ME.

Lol, bullshit.

I'm certain she was lying. 100% consistent. Dummy.
Because your telepathic skill are just that good, right?

You are a fucking liar, I do know that.

Don't have to like everybody do we? Can't we all agree, some black people are n!ggers, but not every n!gger is black? Are black n!ggers with ugly gold grill teeth, goofy expressions, and dayglow pimp attire perfectly deserving of the word, just as there are white examples. Come up with a more powerful word and maybe it'll catch on. Until then, sometimes n!gger works best.
I just think using the word n!gger is rude. By itself, it is just a Southern accented version of the word 'negro', which came from the Spanish and Portugese slave trading ships.

But in polite company I defer to the tastes of those I am with; if it is a preacher I dont say 'fuck' often, hardly at all. IF I am with a black person, I almost never say 'n!gger'. I was raised to be polite.

Listen, dummy. I think she lied. It's that simple.

When you assume someone lied for no good reason and attack them for no good reason, you are being rude.

Her story was completely believable. She had a black guest who did not drink soda and offered her Kool Aid.

For you to find that suspicious is not credible.

Yes. I was being rude. I fully admit it. I still think she lied. Her story wasn't believable to me. It is what it is.

Her story is completely believable. I have often had guests who do not drink soda. I offered them other drinks. The only reason I did not offer them Kool Aid is because I don't keep in on hand.

Please......I think she made it up. That's it.

Move on to your admitting that koolaid has been a black stereotype for many, many years.

I'll wait.

I don't believe that you think she lied.

I think you are just saying that to avoid a truth you don't like.

Trust me. I think she made it up entirely.

When it comes to what others are thinking? I tend to go with that unless I'm certain. I'm careful that way.

It is obvious TO ME that she was lying. Her story was way too convenient to be believable BY ME.

Lol, bullshit.

I'm certain she was lying. 100% consistent. Dummy.
Because your telepathic skill are just that good, right?

You are a fucking liar, I do know that.

Point out a single lie I've told on these forums. You cannot.

I've lied many, many times IRL. Can't even count the number.

A comment was made about adult drinks and because Harris's daughter was thre, he asked if she made Kool-Aid in reference to the daughter's age. Nobody reacted with shock.
Ah...so the easily offended libs took the comment out of context to whine. Figures. Because ...god knows it's a crime to feed kids sugary Koolaid. And making it racist is the obvious next step to get it banned.

Nope. Nothing was taken out of context. Kilmeade may have made the comment innocently......but he made it without any prompting whatsoever.

Koolaid isn't racist. But it is a stereotype. One that you have missed.

Try my challenge. The next time you have an opportunity to offer drinks to a black person say the following:

"Would you like a beer, wine or a cocktail? Or....maybe you'd prefer a glass of Koolaid?" Then....see how they react.
Been there done that. Gave Koolaid to a friend who can't drink sodas. Imagine that...and she wasn't offended.

Seriously what is up with this contrived bullshit?

A "stereotype" means something that is common knowledge. If you just now in the moment make up a word or a setting and nobody knows what it means -- it won't work as a slur or stereotype. Foreknowledge is crucial.

If we have to go to Google to find out that something is (allegedly) a slur or stereotype, then obviously it isn't one. You don't have to Google things in common knowledge.

ster·e·o·type
ˈsterēəˌtīp/
noun
noun: stereotype; plural noun: stereotypes
a widely held but fixed and oversimplified image or idea of a particular type of person or thing.​

I've never heard of this one before this thread. Lots of posters here (including black ones) haven't either. In fact even in the OP's MediaMatters link, the comments on that page show that it's unknown to many of them as well. That is just not the stuff of successful stereotype.

Now maybe as someone suggested above it may be some regional or esoteric thing, and maybe additionally Brian Kilmeade is familiar with that obscure reference, but it doesn't seem that many people are. If he's tossing a slur on the basis of being aware of that esoteria, then he also needs his target -- and the audience -- to know the reference as well.

The crucial term in the definition above is "widely held". This just does not qualify.

It was a bizarre question to put out, but this idea of Kool Aid as racial slur is reeeeeeally a stretch. Sorry, I gotta call "bullshit" on the idea. There is no there here.

I'm all for sensitivity when it's warranted, but we can't just make it up. Let's keep it real.

A comment was made about adult drinks and because Harris's daughter was thre, he asked if she made Kool-Aid in reference to the daughter's age. Nobody reacted with shock.
Ah...so the easily offended libs took the comment out of context to whine. Figures. Because ...god knows it's a crime to feed kids sugary Koolaid. And making it racist is the obvious next step to get it banned.

Nope. Nothing was taken out of context. Kilmeade may have made the comment innocently......but he made it without any prompting whatsoever.

Try my challenge. The next time you have an opportunity to offer drinks to a black person say the following:

"Would you like a beer, wine or a cocktail? Or....maybe you'd prefer a glass of Koolaid?" Then....see how they react.
Been there done that. Gave Koolaid to a friend who can't drink sodas. Imagine that...and she wasn't offended.

A "stereotype" means something that is common knowledge. If you just now in the moment make up a word or a setting and nobody knows what it means -- it won't work as a slur or stereotype. Foreknowledge is crucial.

If we have to go to Google to find out that something is (allegedly) a slur or stereotype, then obviously it isn't one. You don't have to Google things in common knowledge.

ster·e·o·type
ˈsterēəˌtīp/
noun
a widely held but fixed and oversimplified image or idea of a particular type of person or thing.​

I've never heard of this one before this thread. Lots of posters here (including black ones) haven't either. In fact even in the OP's MediaMatters link, the comments on that page show that it's unknown to many of them as well. That is just not the stuff of successful stereotype.

Now maybe as someone suggested above it may be some regional or esoteric thing, and maybe additionally Brian Kilmeade is familiar with that obscure reference, but it doesn't seem that many people are. If he's tossing a slur on the basis of being aware of that esoteria, then he also needs his target -- and the audience -- to know the reference as well.

The crucial term in the definition above is "widely held". This just does not qualify.

It was a bizarre question to put out, but this idea of Kool Aid as racial slur is reeeeeeally a stretch. Sorry, I gotta call "bullshit" on the idea. There is no there here.

I'm all for sensitivity when it's warranted, but we can't just make it up. Let's keep it real.

Sorry. You didn't know of it. But that doesn't mean it hasn't existed as a stereotype for years. It has.

And look. No outrage. Isn't it cool?

ster·e·o·type
ˈsterēəˌtīp/
noun

Sorry. You didn't know of it. But that doesn't mean it hasn't existed as a stereotype for years. It has.

But it's not just me. I could have missed it, but all these other posters, including black ones, including commenters on the MediaMatters site? That's not a stereotype. If you have to Google it, that's an obscurity.

I've never offered Kool Aid to anyone but that's only because I can't imagine actually drinking that shit and have never owned any. But if I did, it never in a million years would have occurred to me to filter the offer through the lens of what color my guest was. :dunno:

All of which actually makes Brian Kilmead's question sound even more bizarre.

ster·e·o·type
ˈsterēəˌtīp/
noun

But it's not just me. I could have missed it, but all these other posters, including black ones, including commenters on the MediaMatters site? That's not a stereotype. If you have to Google it, that's an obscurity.

I've never offered Kool Aid to anyone but that's only because I can't imagine actually drinking that shit and have never owned any. But if I did, it never in a million years would have occurred to me to filter the offer through the lens of what color my guest was. :dunno:

OK. One more try.

I know of it. Have known of it for years.

Now...am I lying to you? Or...am I someone who you think makes up stereotypes willy nilly so I can comment on them if a famous person happens to utter what I've made up? Do you think Lahkota just decided that this was a stereotype after learning of Klmeades comment?

The fact is that enough people have heard of this stereotype for you to just concede that it exists...even if you....as well as many others....haven't heard of it.

I suggested that people spend a few minutes researching the matter. If you do, you'll see that it has been 'a thing" for a long time.

Last edited:
Don't have to like everybody do we? Can't we all agree, some black people are n!ggers, but not every n!gger is black? Are black n!ggers with ugly gold grill teeth, goofy expressions, and dayglow pimp attire perfectly deserving of the word, just as there are white examples. Come up with a more powerful word and maybe it'll catch on. Until then, sometimes n!gger works best.

I don't think the word is appropriate EVER. It doesn't matter if you're black or white or in what context or who you're talking about... it's not cool. There is always another word you can use. I also think you can complain of something racially offensive without using watermelon and fried chicken memes.

ster·e·o·type
ˈsterēəˌtīp/
noun

OK. One more try.

Now...am I lying to you? Or...am I someone who you think makes up stereotypes willy nilly so I can comment on them if a famous person happens to utter what I've made up? Do you think Lahkota just decided that this was a stereotype after learning of Klmeades comment?

The fact is that enough people have heard of this stereotype for you to just concede that it exists...even if you....as well as many others....haven't heard of it.

I suggested that people spend a few minutes researching the matter. If you do, you'll see that it has been 'a thing" for a long time.

Somehow this is not getting through --- if one has to "research" something -- then it's not a stereotype.
A stereotype has to be commonly known.
This is not. There's a vast difference between an obscure factoid you can find in Google, and a commonly-known idiom.

You can't insult someone using an obscurity. You need your target to understand the same obscurity, plus any bystanders you're appealing to. Kilmeade apparently either asked a clumsy question that had to do with nothing, or he attempted a clumsy racial slur that few people would even get. From the looks on the faces in the video it doesn't look like anybody got it as such.

Last edited:
OK. One more try.

This is nothing more than clowns like you trying to denigrate the right over superficial nonsense.

OK. One more try.

This is nothing more than clowns like you trying to denigrate the right over superficial nonsense.

Yeah? Who am I denigrating?

ster·e·o·type
ˈsterēəˌtīp/
noun

OK. One more try.

Somehow this is not getting through --- if one has to "research" something -- then it's not a stereotype.
This is not. There's a vast difference between an obscure factoid you can find in Google, and a commonly-known idiom.

You can't insult someone using an obscurity. You need your target to understand the same obscurity, plus any bystanders you're appealing to. Kilmeade apparently either asked a clumsy question that had to do with nothing, or he attempted a clumsy racial slur that few people would even get. From the looks on the faces in the video it doesn't look like anybody got it as such.

Well then. That's it. You haven't heard of it.....so it doesn't exist. Got it.

Last edited:
56574f5a2100004a005abb71.png

Harris Faulkner appeared shocked by the seemingly racially-loaded question.

A "Fox & Friends" segment on peach cobbler appeared to get uncomfortably tense when anchor Brian Kilmeade asked co-host Harris Faulkner if she serves Kool-Aid with her meals.

The question was dished out as Faulkner, who is African-American, presented her recipe ahead of the Thanksgiving holiday.

After Faulkner mentioned that a summer version of her cobbler can be prepared as well, Kilmeade, who is white, asked, “Do you make Kool-Aid?”

As the video above shows, the lively chatter among the four hosts came to a brief halt as Faulkner reacted.

What Kilmeade may or may not know is that the popular mixed drink can be used to racially stereotype African-Americans, similarly to fried chicken or watermelon.

"Uh, do I do what?" she asked.

"Do you make Kool-Aid?" he repeated.

"Uh, no. No, I don’t make Kool-Aid,” Faulkner replied as fellow host Steve Doocy stared quizzically at Kilmeade before asking him, "What?"

"It reminds me of summer,” Kilmeade replied, getting the gang chatting once again as Faulkner pointed out that she did bring an “adult beverage.”

H/T Media Matters

Fox's Brian Kilmeade Asks Black Co-host If She Makes Kool-Aid

Brian Kilmeade does seem mentally impaired. Harris Faulkner is a pretty, intelligent black woman who is married to a white guy.

Obama_Koolaid_answer_4_xlarge.jpeg

polls_obama_kool_aid_3136_347601_answer_7_xlarge.jpeg

8639723b15aa8b369298cabd3749dd76.jpg

tumblr_nmex4u8lIB1uspsfjo1_1280.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

I watch "Fox and Fuck-Ups" occasionally and they never fail to show me how they can dumb things down so far you need a 12" downhole drill bit and 1000 feet of wireline to get to their level.

ster·e·o·type
ˈsterēəˌtīp/
noun

OK. One more try.

No, and we already went through this -- it's not that >I< never heard of it -- it's that few people have. It's a matter of degree. Again, look at the comments even on the MediaMatters site from the OP link, as well as numerous posters here.

I'm sure if we looked hard enough we could find evidence that cracking one's knuckles is offensive to Polish Zoroastrian lefthanded pet owners, but that doesn't make it a "thing".

It's a so called stereotype Iv'e never heard of until it was made up for this recent "outrage"

You may have never heard it. But....I can assure you....it's not new. And,.,,there isn't any outrage. Unless you count the reaction of some of our nutbags to learning of this stereotype.

So how many people have to know about the so called racist Kool Aid stereotype before it actually can be called a stereotype?

This is one of the lamest, stupidest, far fetched, reach by the ranks of the easily offended that I have seen in a long time

I'm saying that as a card carrying member of P.O.O.P.

People Offended by Offended People

I understand that you are narcissistic and don't think something exists if you've never heard of it......but this is a common stereotype of black people. Do a little research. Ask your black friend.

And again.....you aren't seeing anyone being offended here. I'm not offended. Therefore, you being offended here isn't warranted.

If no one was offended by this so called racist comment then why was it even mentioned in the first place?

But it's not just me. I could have missed it, but all these other posters, including black ones, including commenters [sic] on the MediaMatters site? That's not a stereotype. If you have to Google it, that's an obscurity.

I've never offered Kool Aid to anyone but that's only because I can't imagine actually drinking that shit and have never owned any. But if I did, it never in a million years would have occurred to me to filter the offer through the lens of what color my guest was.

Too pretentious for Kool Aid? Even as a kid? Judging by your posts on this site, you seem to have developed a taste for the political flavor.

OK. One more try.

No, and we already went through this -- it's not that >I< never heard of it -- it's that few people have. It's a matter of degree. Again, look at the comments even on the MediaMatters site from the OP link, as well as numerous posters here.

I'm sure if we looked hard enough we could find evidence that cracking one's knuckles is offensive to Polish Zoroastrian lefthanded pet owners, but that doesn't make it a "thing".

Do you believe me when I tell you that I have known for a long time that a taste for Koolaid is a black stereotype? Straight up yes or no answer.

OK. One more try.

Do you believe me when I tell you that I have known for a long time that a taste for Koolaid is a black stereotype? Straight up yes or no answer.

No I do not

No one I know has ever thought mentioning Kool Aid was a racial slur

Forum List

Back