Fox's Brian Kilmeade Asks Black Co-host If She Makes Kool-Aid

Nope. Nothing was taken out of context. Kilmeade may have made the comment innocently......but he made it without any prompting whatsoever.

Koolaid isn't racist. But it is a stereotype. One that you have missed.

Try my challenge. The next time you have an opportunity to offer drinks to a black person say the following:

"Would you like a beer, wine or a cocktail? Or....maybe you'd prefer a glass of Koolaid?" Then....see how they react.
It's a so called stereotype Iv'e never heard of until it was made up for this recent "outrage"

You may have never heard it. But....I can assure you....it's not new. And,.,,there isn't any outrage. Unless you count the reaction of some of our nutbags to learning of this stereotype.

So how many people have to know about the so called racist Kool Aid stereotype before it actually can be called a stereotype?

This is one of the lamest, stupidest, far fetched, reach by the ranks of the easily offended that I have seen in a long time

I'm saying that as a card carrying member of P.O.O.P.

People Offended by Offended People

I understand that you are narcissistic and don't think something exists if you've never heard of it......but this is a common stereotype of black people. Do a little research. Ask your black friend.

And again.....you aren't seeing anyone being offended here. I'm not offended. Therefore, you being offended here isn't warranted.

If no one was offended by this so called racist comment then why was it even mentioned in the first place?

As I have said several times.....Harris may or may not have been offended at the time. She was clearly confused by the question. If nobody asks her about it on air....we will never know.

OK. One more try.

I know of it. Have known of it for years.

Now...am I lying to you? Or...am I someone who you think makes up stereotypes willy nilly so I can comment on them if a famous person happens to utter what I've made up? Do you think Lahkota just decided that this was a stereotype after learning of Klmeades comment?

The fact is that enough people have heard of this stereotype for you to just concede that it exists...even if you....as well as many others....haven't heard of it.

I suggested that people spend a few minutes researching the matter. If you do, you'll see that it has been 'a thing" for a long time.

Somehow this is not getting through --- if one has to "research" something -- then it's not a stereotype.
A stereotype has to be commonly known.
This is not. There's a vast difference between an obscure factoid you can find in Google, and a commonly-known idiom.

You can't insult someone using an obscurity. You need your target to understand the same obscurity, plus any bystanders you're appealing to. Kilmeade apparently either asked a clumsy question that had to do with nothing, or he attempted a clumsy racial slur that few people would even get. From the looks on the faces in the video it doesn't look like anybody got it as such.

Well then. That's it. You haven't heard of it.....so it doesn't exist. Got it.

No, and we already went through this -- it's not that >I< never heard of it -- it's that few people have. It's a matter of degree. Again, look at the comments even on the MediaMatters site from the OP link, as well as numerous posters here.

I'm sure if we looked hard enough we could find evidence that cracking one's knuckles is offensive to Polish Zoroastrian lefthanded pet owners, but that doesn't make it a "thing".

Do you believe me when I tell you that I have known for a long time that a taste for Koolaid is a black stereotype? Straight up yes or no answer.

No I do not

No one I know has ever thought mentioning Kool Aid was a racial slur

That's awesome. Thanks. I wasn't asking you, though. Was I?

It's a so called stereotype Iv'e never heard of until it was made up for this recent "outrage"

You may have never heard it. But....I can assure you....it's not new. And,.,,there isn't any outrage. Unless you count the reaction of some of our nutbags to learning of this stereotype.

So how many people have to know about the so called racist Kool Aid stereotype before it actually can be called a stereotype?

This is one of the lamest, stupidest, far fetched, reach by the ranks of the easily offended that I have seen in a long time

I understand that you are narcissistic and don't think something exists if you've never heard of it......but this is a common stereotype of black people. Do a little research. Ask your black friend.

And again.....you aren't seeing anyone being offended here. I'm not offended. Therefore, you being offended here isn't warranted.

If no one was offended by this so called racist comment then why was it even mentioned in the first place?

As I have said several times.....Harris may or may not have been offended at the time. She was clearly confused by the question. If nobody asks her about it on air....we will never know.

Someone was offended or else the comment would have been forgotten as it should have

Just more liberals looking for reasons to be butt hurt

Someone was offended or else the comment would have been forgotten as it should have

Just more liberals looking for reasons to be butt hurt

Of course. That being the case, please....think nothing of it.

I think everyone needs a Kool Aid pop!
popsicles.jpg

But it's not just me. I could have missed it, but all these other posters, including black ones, including commenters on the MediaMatters site? That's not a stereotype. If you have to Google it, that's an obscurity.

I've never offered Kool Aid to anyone but that's only because I can't imagine actually drinking that shit and have never owned any. But if I did, it never in a million years would have occurred to me to filter the offer through the lens of what color my guest was. :dunno:

All of which actually makes Brian Kilmead's question sound even more bizarre.

OK. One more try.

Now...am I lying to you? Or...am I someone who you think makes up stereotypes willy nilly so I can comment on them if a famous person happens to utter what I've made up? Do you think Lahkota just decided that this was a stereotype after learning of Klmeades comment?

The fact is that enough people have heard of this stereotype for you to just concede that it exists...even if you....as well as many others....haven't heard of it.

I suggested that people spend a few minutes researching the matter. If you do, you'll see that it has been 'a thing" for a long time.

Somehow this is not getting through --- if one has to "research" something -- then it's not a stereotype.
This is not. There's a vast difference between an obscure factoid you can find in Google, and a commonly-known idiom.

You can't insult someone using an obscurity. You need your target to understand the same obscurity, plus any bystanders you're appealing to. Kilmeade apparently either asked a clumsy question that had to do with nothing, or he attempted a clumsy racial slur that few people would even get. From the looks on the faces in the video it doesn't look like anybody got it as such.

No, and we already went through this -- it's not that >I< never heard of it -- it's that few people have. It's a matter of degree. Again, look at the comments even on the MediaMatters site from the OP link, as well as numerous posters here.

I'm sure if we looked hard enough we could find evidence that cracking one's knuckles is offensive to Polish Zoroastrian lefthanded pet owners, but that doesn't make it a "thing".

Do you believe me when I tell you that I have known for a long time that a taste for Koolaid is a black stereotype? Straight up yes or no answer.

Sorry LL, didn't see this post before. Of course I have no reason to doubt you, but the question isn't whether you've heard of it or I haven't, but whether it's "widely known" in the general public per the definition. And from all indications, it isn't. If it were, there wouldn't be this many people expressing bewilderment at it.

OK. One more try.

Sorry LL, didn't see this post before. Of course I have no reason to doubt you, but the question isn't whether you've heard of it or I haven't, but whether it's "widely known" in the general public per the definition. And from all indications, it isn't. If it were, there wouldn't be this many people expressing bewilderment at it.

I am willing to admit that not as many people know of this stereotype as I would have thought. Are you willing to admit that more people than you would have thought do know about it?

When you assume someone lied for no good reason and attack them for no good reason, you are being rude.

Her story was completely believable. She had a black guest who did not drink soda and offered her Kool Aid.

For you to find that suspicious is not credible.

Yes. I was being rude. I fully admit it. I still think she lied. Her story wasn't believable to me. It is what it is.

Her story is completely believable. I have often had guests who do not drink soda. I offered them other drinks. The only reason I did not offer them Kool Aid is because I don't keep in on hand.

Please......I think she made it up. That's it.

Move on to your admitting that koolaid has been a black stereotype for many, many years.

I'll wait.

I don't believe that you think she lied.

I think you are just saying that to avoid a truth you don't like.

Trust me. I think she made it up entirely.

i do not trust you.

You distrust makes no sense. Her story is completely believable. Your distrust is also very self serving.

And you are a self admitted jerk.

Yes. I was being rude. I fully admit it. I still think she lied. Her story wasn't believable to me. It is what it is.

Her story is completely believable. I have often had guests who do not drink soda. I offered them other drinks. The only reason I did not offer them Kool Aid is because I don't keep in on hand.

Move on to your admitting that koolaid has been a black stereotype for many, many years.

I'll wait.

i do not trust you.

You distrust makes no sense. Her story is completely believable. Your distrust is also very self serving.

If you trusted me....I'd have to go get checked out.

Hmmmm. A self admitted jerk? That's a new one. I'm an asshole. But....only when it's appropriate. You know......like when I meet white supremacists. Especially the ones who won't admit it.

I certainly hope you continue having a wonderful evening.

I'll wait.

i do not trust you.

Hmmmm. A self admitted jerk? That's a new one. I'm an asshole. But....only when it's appropriate. You know......like when I meet white supremacists. Especially the ones who won't admit it.

Bull.

Her story, ie that she had a guest who couldn't drink soda, was completely believable.

You have not explained your reason that you find her story unbelievable.

Because your reason is that you don't want to believe it, because it contradicts your pre arrived at conclusions.

Yes, you are an asshole. And you are a poor judge of when it is called for, as demonstrated by you calling someone a liar for claiming to have had a guest that could not drink soda.

For you.

:asshole:

I'll wait.

i do not trust you.

Bull.

Her story, ie that she had a guest who couldn't drink soda, was completely believable.

Because your reason is that you don't want to believe it, because it contradicts your pre arrived at conclusions.

Yes, you are an asshole. And you are a poor judge of when it is called for, as demonstrated by you calling someone a liar for claiming to have had a guest that could not drink soda.

For you.

Z

Did you read the comment that I made which prompted her to tell me that little story? If you had...you'd know that her story doesn't contradict anything that I have said. That is especially true when you consider that she made it up entirely.

I wonder if you are willing to admit that you are an asshole as well? Is there an honest bone in that body of yours?

i do not trust you.

Bull.

For you.

Z

Did you read the comment that I made which prompted her to tell me that little story? If you had...you'd know that her story doesn't contradict anything that I have said. That is especially true when you consider that she made it up entirely.

I wonder if you are willing to admit that you are an asshole as well? Is there an honest bone in that body of yours?

Her story is far more credible than your doubt.

I am not an asshole. I am a very nice person. I am only rude to people that richly deserve it, like you.

I'll wait.

i do not trust you.

Bull.

For you.

She has had complications due to a stomach surgery and can't drink carbonated drinks. And she didn't want water. She settled for a bottle of water and one of those single serve Koolaid packets.

He can believe me or not. But you are right he is upset that his thread went south. :)

i do not trust you.

Bull.

For you.

Z

I am not an asshole. I am a very nice person. I am only rude to people that richly deserve it, like you.

Fail.

i do not trust you.

Bull.

For you.

She has had complications due to a stomach surgery and can't drink carbonated drinks. And she didn't want water. She settled for a bottle of water and one of those single serve Koolaid packets.

He can believe me or not. But you are right he is upset that his thread went south. :)

Bullshit.

i do not trust you.

Bull.

For you.

Z

Fail.

NOpe. Her story is completely credible. No reasonable person would doubt it and only an asshole would accuse her of being a liar.

I am a nice person. ON the rare occasions when libs can behave like civilized people, you can see threads where I am completely polite and civil to them in return.

You? You can only be not an asshole for a little while before your natural character shows itself.

THe only Fail here is yours.

i do not trust you.

Bull.

For you.

Bullshit.

Bull.

For you.

Z

Fail.

NOpe. Her story is completely credible. No reasonable person would doubt it and only an asshole would accuse her of being a liar.

I am a nice person. ON the rare occasions when libs can behave like civilized people, you can see threads where I am completely polite and civil to them in return.

You? You can only be not an asshole for a little while before your natural character shows itself.

THe only Fail here is yours.

Of course. Ask anyone here. You are a gem of a guy. Real nice. Nobody would ever think you were an asshole.

i do not trust you.

Bull.

For you.

Bullshit.
She even keeps single serve Koolaid packets in her desk at work. Shhhhh.

Forum List

Back