Fox's Brian Kilmeade Asks Black Co-host If She Makes Kool-Aid

OOOOOHHHHHH YEEEAAAHHHHH!!!!

In what way is that "racist"? I don't get it.

It promotes the stereotype that all Black people do is play basketball and drink Koolaid. It would be like me making a commercial showing white people trying to play basketball (not very well) and the Tang man coming out and giving them super powers so they could compete.

But where and how does is suggest that's "all they do"?

In a 30-second commercial you can hardly cover a whole day, let alone a lifetime. This is a simple situational scene -- no different from "Miller Time" after a hard day's work (although that seems like punishment to me) or a house full of chaos in a headache pill commercial. None of them suggest it's all they do.

You would need to ask your mind objectively that question. If you are constantly shown images of police being upstanding citizens and helping old ladies across the street how hard would it be for you to believe that cops abuse their authority and throw women on the ground for nothing?
You bombard us with jungle bunny civilizations, yet no one believes it.

Jillian is a JAP. Japs dont suck except for diamonds and furs.

Funny how a thread that may or may not be about a bigoted slur brings out those who leave no doubt about their own.

It promotes the stereotype that all Black people do is play basketball and drink Koolaid. It would be like me making a commercial showing white people trying to play basketball (not very well) and the Tang man coming out and giving them super powers so they could compete.

In a 30-second commercial you can hardly cover a whole day, let alone a lifetime. This is a simple situational scene -- no different from "Miller Time" after a hard day's work (although that seems like punishment to me) or a house full of chaos in a headache pill commercial. None of them suggest it's all they do.

You would need to ask your mind objectively that question. If you are constantly shown images of police being upstanding citizens and helping old ladies across the street how hard would it be for you to believe that cops abuse their authority and throw women on the ground for nothing?

I have too much experience to even conceive that image.

Thats the key word. Experience. If you dont have experience with a situation your mind is like a plot of land upon which I can sew seeds of my choosing and water it with a steady stream of propaganda. Funny thing is that with enough propaganda and social conditioning even the experienced will begin to doubt their convictions .

Of course you believe it. You cant get it out of your head.

This thread is the perfect example of white people determining blacks are full of shit when they know nothing about the subject at all.

Havent heard of it? Well, that means blacks just made it up. Wait, they didnt?

Well, YEAH THEY DID!

No, it's a perfect example of whites determining that liberals and race baiters are full of shit when they know everything about the subject.

Yeah because whites know better than blacks....that kinda fits a definition of a few words come to think about it

It has nothing to do with "what whites know" versus "what blacks know" --- think about it, if some bigot wants to toss a stereotype slur, then both the slurrer and the sluree have to be familiar with the meaning. Otherwise it doesn't work.

Agreed but since that isnt part of this discussion at all I'm wondering why you're saying random things

Jungle bunny? Wow, what a wonderful mind you have. Do you believe anything that doesn't fit with your preconceived beliefs?

Jungle bunny? Wow, what a wonderful mind you have. Do you believe anything that doesn't fit with your preconceived beliefs?
Its just his way of rebelling. Its a compliment to be honest. The more he tries to deny it the more I know it bothers him. :biggrin:

This thread is the perfect example of white people determining blacks are full of shit when they know nothing about the subject at all.

Well, YEAH THEY DID!

No, it's a perfect example of whites determining that liberals and race baiters are full of shit when they know everything about the subject.

Yeah because whites know better than blacks....that kinda fits a definition of a few words come to think about it

It has nothing to do with "what whites know" versus "what blacks know" --- think about it, if some bigot wants to toss a stereotype slur, then both the slurrer and the sluree have to be familiar with the meaning. Otherwise it doesn't work.

Agreed but since that isnt part of this discussion at all I'm wondering why you're saying random things

That's not "random" at all -- it's the entire reason "being widely known" matters.

If you just on the spur of the moment made up the term "pineapple" to be, I dunno, a slur on lesbians, but nobody knew about it --- it would have no power. They would just look at you weird and go :cuckoo: -- they wouldn't get the inference.

And that's exactly why I say, in order to be a stereotype it has to be widely known. That's the very definition.

Well, YEAH THEY DID!

That's not "random" at all -- it's the entire reason "being widely known" matters.

If you just on the spur of the moment made up the term "pineapple" to be, I dunno, a slur on lesbians, but nobody knew about it --- it would have no power. They would just look at you weird and go :cuckoo: -- they wouldn't get the inference.

And that's exactly why I say, in order to be a stereotype it has to be widely known. That's the very definition.

So wait, you're saying that out of all the beverages in the world Kilmeade accidentally invoked the ONE BEVERAGE that is stereotyped to blacks and he did not know about it? Out of every beverage in the world?

There isnt a smiley with that much laughter to post my face right now

I just asked 2 of my friends, they said, "what are you talking about??" When I explained, one spewed their drink, the other rolled around laughing so hard they started crying.

Well, YEAH THEY DID!

Of course you believe it. You cant get it out of your head.
Blacks building the pyramids is indeed a difficult thing to wrap even a black to get their heads around.

But it's good for amusement, so please tell us more about the jungle-bunny elders trying to figure out why their mud pyramid would turn into slush after the first rain.

I just asked 2 of my friends, they said, "what are you talking about??" When I explained, one spewed their drink, the other rolled around laughing so hard they started crying. [
I just asked 2 of my friends, they said, "what are you talking about??" When I explained, one spewed their drink, the other rolled around laughing so hard they started crying.

Well, YEAH THEY DID!

QUOTE="ClosedCaption, post: 12925528, member: 25032"]This thread is the perfect example of white people determining blacks are full of shit when they know nothing about the subject at all.

Well, YEAH THEY DID!
[/QUOTE]

Birds of a feather

Jungle bunny civilizations are never preconceived. It is their incredulity that challenges the mind in fact.

So wait, you're saying that out of all the beverages in the world Kilmeade accidentally invoked the ONE BEVERAGE that is stereotyped to blacks and he did not know about it? Out of every beverage in the world?

"Beverage"? The conversation didn't even involve a beverage.

Again, as answered in the poll, I don't know if he deliberately set out to drop a subtle slur or not. We can't answer that, and it's not my question. My question is whether it's a "stereotype" or an "esoteric obscurity".

EX-FUCKING-ACTLY!!!!

Again, as answered in the poll, I don't know if he deliberately set out to drop a subtle slur or not. We can't answer that, and it's not my question. My question is whether it's a "stereotype" or an "esoteric obscurity".

you can apply any fancy words you like to it. you can call it Pea Soup if you like but people know what it is. And like you said it wasnt even about beverages at all but he brought up Kool Aid by accident and never heard of the stereotype :boohoo:

Just a big ol coincidence lol

EX-FUCKING-ACTLY!!!!

you can apply any fancy words you like to it. you can call it Pea Soup if you like but people know what it is. And like you said it wasnt even about beverages at all but he brought up Kool Aid by accident and never heard of the stereotype :boohoo:

I have never argued that point. I don't know what his intentions were, and it is entirely possible that he did mean a slur. Again, that's not the question. The issue is whether that slur, if it is one, involves a widely-known stereotype, or an inside joke.

That question has nothing to do with Brian Kilmeade; it has to do with perceptions by the general public. Which is why I started a poll.

EX-FUCKING-ACTLY!!!!

Especially since Kool Aid is a pretty obscure reference from childhood. It is certainly more likely that he was trying to make a joke at her expense that wasn't well thought out.

EX-FUCKING-ACTLY!!!!

Seriously, back off the decaf. You're completely over the edge here.

This is what happens when we raise generations of black children on PC and Identity Politics.

Wow. Kool Aid.

We have done Black America a grave disservice with this crap.

EX-FUCKING-ACTLY!!!!

Seriously, back off the decaf. You're completely over the edge here.

This is what happens when we raise generations of black children on PC and Identity Politics.

Wow. Kool Aid.

We have done Black America a grave disservice with this crap.

You dont have to try this hard to pretend not understand something.

Forum List

Back