Fox's Brian Kilmeade Asks Black Co-host If She Makes Kool-Aid

Yeah just only for the last 60 years so its still hasnt gotten around.

Apparently not. Most of us seem to have never heard of it.

Wow, maybe because its not directed toward you. Remember that the next time blacks bring up something you didnt know about and instead of dismissing it maybe...you just didnt know it was a problem.

As I've noted backthread, in order for something to be a stereotype, it has to be widely known. If we have to go Google it, it's not widely known. 'Widely known' is something we don't need to Google.

That isn't a value judgment; it's simply the way it works.

Thats not what widely known means. And whether you know about it or not doesnt affect the state of anything. Things dont disappear based on your knowledge of it or your penis would be gone.

That doesn't make any sense.

Look at it this way -- if Kilmeade -- who I understand has a long history of saying weird shit -- had said, "do you serve it with fried chicken and watermelon? They remind me of summer" --- you wouldn't have anybody here claiming they never heard of fried chicken and watermelon as racial stereotypes.

But Kool Aid?

No, this has to be a regional thing or some kind of inside joke. A stereotype means everybody gets it.
Kool Aid is the original "grape drink". A sugary, cheap, easy to make drink. The stereotype has been around for decades. You don't remember people being pissed off about the commercial with the black people playing basketball and the Kool Aid Man comes out?

Ladies and gentlemen.....what we have here is a group of people who are very resistant to learning something. If you were not aware of the Koolaid stereotype....it does not mean that you are stupid or out of touch. It simply means that you have never been made aware of it.

It isn't new and it isn't a bigger deal that any other food stereotype. It can be a communication builder.....or it can be a vehicle for noting things that divide us. It all depends on how it is used.

I find it funny that those most offended by this new ( to them ) informnation are those who routinely cry about PC ruining their lives. This stereotype.....a very old one....hasn't even effected you to the point of awareness.

This stage in the discussion would be a fine time for everyone who continues to deny the existence of the stereotype to do what evercurious did. Accept that you have learned something new and move on. Nobody knows everything. Don't take it so hard.
well shit for sure now I'll never mention kool aid around any black folks. I wouldn't want them to think I was a racist.

You are a simpleton. Trust me on that.
yeah, because I didn't know that kool aid was a racist slur. you're right.

So you're telling me that after 7 years whenever this image would show up on the message board

1894l.jpg

Ya'll were saying to yourself: "Ok, I get the fried chicken and watermelon but what on earth could they mean with the Kool Aid man being there? I mean, the rest is clearly racist stereotyping but the Kool Aid is throwing me off. What does it all mean?"

Sell that to someone else
first time I've seen this, you're racist I supposed.

Well, champ since you never seen this before I guess that means it doesnt exist either.:rolleyes:

Wow, maybe because its not directed toward you. Remember that the next time blacks bring up something you didnt know about and instead of dismissing it maybe...you just didnt know it was a problem.

As I've noted backthread, in order for something to be a stereotype, it has to be widely known. If we have to go Google it, it's not widely known. 'Widely known' is something we don't need to Google.

Thats not what widely known means. And whether you know about it or not doesnt affect the state of anything. Things dont disappear based on your knowledge of it or your penis would be gone.

Look at it this way -- if Kilmeade -- who I understand has a long history of saying weird shit -- had said, "do you serve it with fried chicken and watermelon? They remind me of summer" --- you wouldn't have anybody here claiming they never heard of fried chicken and watermelon as racial stereotypes.

But Kool Aid?

No, this has to be a regional thing or some kind of inside joke. A stereotype means everybody gets it.
Kool Aid is the original "grape drink". A sugary, cheap, easy to make drink. The stereotype has been around for decades. You don't remember people being pissed off about the commercial with the black people playing basketball and the Kool Aid Man comes out?
nope, I remember many kool aid man commercials, they were promoting it to kids.

Edit: BTW, I never saw it promoted as a black man drink NEVER!!! always for kids. In fact there were always kids with him.

But Kool Aid?

OOOOOHHHHHH YEEEAAAHHHHH!!!!

So you're telling me that after 7 years whenever this image would show up on the message board

1894l.jpg

Ya'll were saying to yourself: "Ok, I get the fried chicken and watermelon but what on earth could they mean with the Kool Aid man being there? I mean, the rest is clearly racist stereotyping but the Kool Aid is throwing me off. What does it all mean?"

Well, champ since you never seen this before I guess that means it doesnt exist either.:rolleyes:
it didn't until you posted it.

Ladies and gentlemen.....what we have here is a group of people who are very resistant to learning something. If you were not aware of the Koolaid stereotype....it does not mean that you are stupid or out of touch. It simply means that you have never been made aware of it.

It isn't new and it isn't a bigger deal that any other food stereotype. It can be a communication builder.....or it can be a vehicle for noting things that divide us. It all depends on how it is used.

I find it funny that those most offended by this new ( to them ) informnation are those who routinely cry about PC ruining their lives. This stereotype.....a very old one....hasn't even effected you to the point of awareness.

This stage in the discussion would be a fine time for everyone who continues to deny the existence of the stereotype to do what evercurious did. Accept that you have learned something new and move on. Nobody knows everything. Don't take it so hard.
well shit for sure now I'll never mention kool aid around any black folks. I wouldn't want them to think I was a racist.

No. Its because you refuse to learn and you've repeated a retarded comment several times here. Like a retard would do.

1894l.jpg

you ever see this picture before?

liberalmedia.jpg

No. Its because you refuse to learn and you've repeated a retarded comment several times here. Like a retard would do.
I apologize to the disabled you wish to reference me with, it's sad you're such a hack job. but you are a typical libturd to say the least.

But Kool Aid?

Now compare it to the white people KoolAid commercial. Obviously racist.

But Kool Aid?

But Kool Aid?

Obviously they didnt run this particular commercial in front of a Black focus group prior to releasing it.

1894l.jpg

And there you have it...This didnt exist until I posted it. Where did I get it if it didnt exist?

TheTwilightZoneLogo.png

But Kool Aid?

In what way is that "racist"? I don't get it.

But Kool Aid?

Nope. Just saw it a minute ago for the first time, and as I said I don't get the connection.
I see a marketing target, but I also see marketing targeting kids, housewives, single guys, teens, sports fans, any number of demographics -- that doesn't make them bigoted.

Gotta wonder in what corners summa y'all hang. Just sayin'.

1894l.jpg

And there you have it...This didnt exist until I posted it. Where did I get it if it didnt exist?

TheTwilightZoneLogo.png
liberalmedia.jpg

Have you seen this one before I posted it earlier? So for you it didn't exist Until I posted it. That's how.

But Kool Aid?

Nope. Just saw it a minute ago for the first time, and as I said I don't get the connection.
I see a marketing target, but I also see marketing targeting kids, housewives, single guys, teens, sports fans, any number of demographics -- that doesn't make them bigoted.

Gotta wonder in what corners summa y'all hang. Just sayin'.

Black ones.

The reason you dont know about the stereotype is because you arent black. Its the same reason I dont know about many Jewish stereotypes

Forum List

Back