Fox's Brian Kilmeade Asks Black Co-host If She Makes Kool-Aid

Maybe this will help some of you who seem to have great difficulty processing this thread:

Stereotypes and generalizations about African Americans and their culture have evolved within American society dating back to the colonial years of settlement, particularly after slavery became a racial institution that was heritable. The early blackfaceminstrel shows of the 19th century portrayed blacks as joyous, naive, superstitious, ignorant, and musically inclined—characteristics related to the way slaveholders in earlier years believed them to be.

Such scholars as Patricia A. Turner note "stereotyping objects in popular culture that depict blacks as servile, primitive, or simpleminded and explains how the subtle influences of such seemingly harmless images reinforce anti-black attitudes".[1] As with every other identifiable group, stereotypes continue today. African Americans are often portrayed as violent, lazy and very religious. They also are portrayed as having a love of fried chicken, watermelon, corn bread, Kool-Aid, waffles, sweet tea, and grape drink.

More: Stereotypes of African Americans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ah, yes. Wiki, the be all and end all of knowledge.

I have never heard of any connections to the African American culture of waffles, sweet tea, kool aid or grape drink. Seriously, you have to be reaching, really reaching to make these things an issue. If some people want to think in those terms, racists assigning these things in a derogatory way to the black culture, that is their problem, but these ideas are not wide spread and there is no awareness of this in the general public. I eat waffles, I like sweet tea, corn bread, and watermelon. These are things that only someone who is very racist would think about as being sterotypical to black culture. It's a very limited number of people who might have any awareness of such ideas.

I just can't see the guy purposely making a racial slur directed at his colleage on a national/internatiional television program, a guy who would be aware he is insulting this woman. It doesn't make any sense.

Last edited:
You bombard us with jungle bunny civilizations, yet no one believes it.
Of course you believe it. You cant get it out of your head.
Blacks building the pyramids is indeed a difficult thing to wrap even a black to get their heads around.

But it's good for amusement, so please tell us more about the jungle-bunny elders trying to figure out why their mud pyramid would turn into slush after the first rain.
See. This is how I know it bothers you. You bring up what I taught you every thread you see me on. :laugh:
Bother me more with jungle-bunny civilizations please. That stuff never gets old!:biggrin::biggrin:
I've bothered you too much as it is. You will die of some cave chimp disease still bothered by it.
laugh.gif
You'll be dead at the hands of a thug before I die from the hands of another thug. I don't live in a thug-invested area.

Get it?

Of course you believe it. You cant get it out of your head.
Blacks building the pyramids is indeed a difficult thing to wrap even a black to get their heads around.

But it's good for amusement, so please tell us more about the jungle-bunny elders trying to figure out why their mud pyramid would turn into slush after the first rain.
See. This is how I know it bothers you. You bring up what I taught you every thread you see me on. :laugh:
Bother me more with jungle-bunny civilizations please. That stuff never gets old!:biggrin::biggrin:
I've bothered you too much as it is. You will die of some cave chimp disease still bothered by it.
laugh.gif
You'll be dead at the hands of a thug before I die from the hands of another thug. I don't live in a thug-invested area.

Get it?
I only get that you have hair lice. Like I said....what I have taught you will bother you until the day you die from a cave chimp disease. Got it?
laugh.gif

Maybe this will help some of you who seem to have great difficulty processing this thread:

Stereotypes and generalizations about African Americans and their culture have evolved within American society dating back to the colonial years of settlement, particularly after slavery became a racial institution that was heritable. The early blackfaceminstrel shows of the 19th century portrayed blacks as joyous, naive, superstitious, ignorant, and musically inclined—characteristics related to the way slaveholders in earlier years believed them to be.

Such scholars as Patricia A. Turner note "stereotyping objects in popular culture that depict blacks as servile, primitive, or simpleminded and explains how the subtle influences of such seemingly harmless images reinforce anti-black attitudes".[1] As with every other identifiable group, stereotypes continue today. African Americans are often portrayed as violent, lazy and very religious. They also are portrayed as having a love of fried chicken, watermelon, corn bread, Kool-Aid, waffles, sweet tea, and grape drink.

I have never heard of any connections to the African American culture of waffles, sweet tea, kool aid or grape drink. Seriously, you have to be reaching, really reaching to make these things an issue. If some people want to think in those terms, racists assigning these things in a derogatory way to the black culture, that is their problem, but these ideas are not wide spread and there is no awareness of this in the general public. I eat waffles, I like sweet tea, corn bread, and watermelon. These are things that only someone who is very racist would think about as being sterotypical to black culture. It's a very limited number of people who might have any awareness of such ideas.

I just can't see the guy purposely making a racial slur directed at his colleage on a national/internatiional television program, a guy who would be aware he is insulting this woman. It doesn't make any sense.
Heck, if I'm a white person who eats good food like that, I think I would be offended that they associate them with black people. Truth be told, they're southern foods, and last I checked, none of them had "blacks only" labels.

Heck, if I'm a white person who eats good food like that, I think I would be offended that they associate them with black people. Truth be told, they're southern foods, and last I checked, none of them had "blacks only" labels.
Why would you be offended by being a white person that eats food Black people like to eat?

right? he must have been thinking, hmmm, how do I make a career ending statement today on live TV. And thought, Kool aid.

laugh.gif

Get it?
I only get that you have hair lice. Like I said....what I have taught you will bother you until the day you die from a cave chimp disease. Got it?
laugh.gif
I don't get anything except low life expection

Why would you be offended by being a white person that eats food Black people like to eat?
why would black people be offended by being a black person that eats the same thing white people eat?

kool-aid-packets.jpg

I am reading comments that Fox News is a white supremacist, racist media outlet.

I have a question.

Is Bill O'Reilly racist for repeatedly addressing with many different guests, America's expanding and shameful *National Epidemic of Childhood Abuse and Neglect*, *Poverty*, that for more than two generations has deprived untold numbers of American kids from experiencing and enjoying a fairly happy American kid childhood with *Safe Streets* to travel and play on.

*Child Abuse and Neglect* that is primarily responsible for populating our prisons with depressed, angry, frustrated, undisciplined, unpredictable, sometimes suicidal teens and adults full of resentment for irresponsibly being introduced to a life of hardships and struggles.

*Early Childhood Abuse and Neglect* that often leads depressed, sometimes suicidal *(NY Times May 18, 2015 - Rise in Suicide by Black Children Surprises Researchers)* children to develop into depressed, angry, frustrated, unpredictable, sometimes suicidal teens and adults lacking empathy and compassion for others, though needing to vent their pent up negative emotions, often causing emotional and physical harm to peaceful people...instead of venting their anger, resentment and pain on the immature single moms and/or dads who introduced them to a life of pain and struggle by irresponsibly building a family before acquiring the practical skills, *PATIENCE* and means to successfully raise and nurture a developing young child who matures into a fairly happy responsible teen and adult with mostly fond memories of his or her childhood.

The question all concerned, compassionate Americans should seriously be asking ourselves, our elected, civil, social, community and religious leaders is, what real, substantial changes in our society's attitude and laws need to occur to prevent abuse that often causes young kids to mature into depressed, frustrated, angry teens and adults as a result of experiencing the *emotional and/or physical trauma of an abusive childhood?*

Black *(Children's)* Lives Matter; Take Pride In Parenting; *End Our National Epidemic of Child Abuse and Neglect*; End Community Violence, Police Fear & Educator's Frustrations

One of my friends, after further talk, suggested maybe some are living in a vacuum to even think such a thing...

Is this a left/right brain thing? It seems to me that there is no hope of reducing political polarization when some can't even acknowledge that they didn't know about Kool-Aid potentially being a racial stereotype depending on context - and simply move on.

laugh.gif

Get it?
laugh.gif
I don't get anything except low life expection
Blame your bad gene pool and stop whining about it.

why would black people be offended by being a black person that eats the same thing white people eat?
Because white people dont know how to cook right? :laugh:

There you go again.

There you go again.

What?
laugh.gif

I do, and I've eaten at restaurants with white cooks and love their cooking.

I do, and I've eaten at restaurants with white cooks and love their cooking.
I have a project for you. Go eat at a Black persons house and tell them their food tastes like a white person cooked it and see what happens.
laugh.gif

Forum List

Back