Francais: man attacked in France for eating ham

What's visible in the newspaper photo reads:

"The case seems unlikely, but is being treated with the utmost seriousness by police in Reims (Marne). A 23 year old man filed a complaint on June 8 after being attacked around 9:30 pm on a tram in the city by two strangers. They hit the victim repeatedly in the face because she (he) was about to eat a ham sandwich.

The two assailants, who claimed to be Muslims, claimed to have been offended by the consumption of pork in their sight according to a friend of the victim present at the time, was interviewed by investigators and confirmed the attack."

That's all that is visible.
I don't know the paper but the material and occasional typo lead me to believe it's a tabloid.

Last edited:
Eating a Chick Fil A sandwich in the presence of gays in the US can get someone brought up on military charges.

Not very much different. Eat privately where no one can see you.

"The case seems unlikely, but is being treated with the utmost seriousness by police in Reims (Marne). A 23 year old man filed a complaint on June 8 after being attacked around 9:30 pm on a tram in the city by two strangers. They hit the victim repeatedly in the face because she (he) was about to eat a ham sandwich.

The two assailants, who claimed to be Muslims, claimed to have been offended by the consumption of pork in their sight according to a friend of the victim present at the time, was interviewed by investigators and confirmed the attack."

I don't know the paper but the material and occasional typo lead me to believe it's a tabloid.

The article was originally published in Le Parisian - not a tabloid. Le Parisian is considered a serious publication.

:eusa_doh: Now I see the link at the bottom. Good eye, OP (/sarc)

Last edited:

Didn't find it on a search. Closest thing I found was this:

8a3065a4ca879af4d783c2d69861638cbc05d5cd0ff78c5497af2879dc7f31fd.jpg

>> This is the shocking picture of Wilfred de Bruijn, the apparent victim of a brutal homophobic attack in Paris at the weekend. Gay-rights groups say the on-going protests against gay marriage in France have led to a rise in homophobic acts.

... Hours after being subjected to the beating, De Bruijn put the photo on his Facebook page. It has since been shared thousands of times across social media.

“Sorry to show you this,” the victim wrote. “It’s the face of homophobia. Last night 19th arrondissement, Paris, Olivier and I were badly beaten just for walking arm in arm.

“I woke up in an ambulance covered in blood, missing tooth and broken bones around the eye. << (link)

The guy trying to eat the ham sandwich was lucky these guys didn't cut his head off which is perfectly within any follower of Islam's legitimate right.

Forum List

Back