freedom Nazi

There are different types of democracies.

Name a country that uses whatever it is you think democracy is.

Long story short, a representative democracy is ...wait for it...a democracy, whether it's a republic or not.

But now you added the term "representative" to democracy, and thus changed the definition.

Democracy as a concept is like the Ideal Gas Law.

A representative Democracy is a democracy. You said we weren't a democracy.

Let's be real here. You heard once that we aren't a democracy and never really bothered to check into it yourself so have been parroting the same phrase.

Now, answer my question. Name a country that is a democracy that isn't a representative democracy.

A representative democracy is a form of democracy, and no we are not a true representative democracy because of the limits placed by out constitution.

We are a constitutional federal democratic republic.

and my OCD doesn't need anyone else to be anal about these things, it can handle it by itself.

Right, that makes us a democracy. You can attempt to spin yourself silly, you said we weren't a democracy, sucka' you be wrong. :badgrin:

The federal government is a constitutional republic. All democracy occurs at the State level and their political subdivisions. There are no direct elections for the two federal offices.

Wrong. The U.S. House and Senate are both federal offices of the United States government. Also, the electoral college does not negate that the people elect the President and Vice - President, it's just that we do it in the most convoluted way. This is what a 'representative democracy' looks like.

I suppose you could argue (incorrectly) that before the 17th amendment where the House members selected the senate that we weren't a democracy. However since the House was elected to make that decision in the first place it was still a democracy.

Back to high school for you.

Last edited:
But now you added the term "representative" to democracy, and thus changed the definition.

Let's be real here. You heard once that we aren't a democracy and never really bothered to check into it yourself so have been parroting the same phrase.

Now, answer my question. Name a country that is a democracy that isn't a representative democracy.

A representative democracy is a form of democracy, and no we are not a true representative democracy because of the limits placed by out constitution.

and my OCD doesn't need anyone else to be anal about these things, it can handle it by itself.

Right, that makes us a democracy. You can attempt to spin yourself silly, you said we weren't a democracy, sucka' you be wrong. :badgrin:

The federal government is a constitutional republic. All democracy occurs at the State level and their political subdivisions. There are no direct elections for the two federal offices.

Wrong. The U.S. House and Senate are both federal offices of the United States government. Also, the electoral college does not negate that the people elect the President and Vice - President, it's just that we do it in the most convoluted way. This is what a 'representative democracy' looks like.

I suppose you could argue (incorrectly) that before the 17th amendment where the House members selected the senate that we weren't a democracy. However since the House was elected to make that decision in the first place it was still a democracy.

/-----/ Thank you for sending me back to school. I learned this:
ThisNation.com--Is the United States a democracy?
www.thisnation.com/question/011.html
The United States is, indeed, a republic, not a democracy. Accurately defined, a democracy is a form of government in which the people decide policy matters directly--through town hall meetings or by voting on ballot initiatives and referendums.
The Pledge of Allegiance includes the phrase: "and to the republic for which it stands."
AUTHOR: Benjamin Franklin (1706–90)
QUOTATION: “Well, Doctor, what have we got—a Republic or a Monarchy?”

“A Republic, if you can keep it.”
ATTRIBUTION: The response is attributed to BENJAMIN FRANKLIN—at the close of the Constitutional Convention of 1787, when queried as he left Independence Hall on the final day of deliberation—in the notes of Dr. James McHenry, one of Maryland’s delegates to the Convention.

I just love Google School. You should try it.
Trump train.jpg

/-----/ Thank you for sending me back to school. I learned this:
ThisNation.com--Is the United States a democracy?
www.thisnation.com/question/011.html
The United States is, indeed, a republic, not a democracy. Accurately defined, a democracy is a form of government in which the people decide policy matters directly--through town hall meetings or by voting on ballot initiatives and referendums.
The Pledge of Allegiance includes the phrase: "and to the republic for which it stands."
AUTHOR: Benjamin Franklin (1706–90)
QUOTATION: “Well, Doctor, what have we got—a Republic or a Monarchy?”

“A Republic, if you can keep it.”
ATTRIBUTION: The response is attributed to BENJAMIN FRANKLIN—at the close of the Constitutional Convention of 1787, when queried as he left Independence Hall on the final day of deliberation—in the notes of Dr. James McHenry, one of Maryland’s delegates to the Convention.

I just love Google School. You should try it.
View attachment 172162

Yeah, sorry, the defintion of democracy is:

a : government by the people; especially : rule of the majority
b : a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections
: a political unit that has a democratic government
3capitalized : the principles and policies of the Democratic party in the U.S.

• from emancipation Republicanism to New Deal Democracy
  • —C. M. Roberts
: the common people especially when constituting the source of political authority
: the absence of hereditary or arbitrary class distinctions or privileges

The federalist papers often referred to a republic vs. a pure democracy, however nobody is arguing that we are a pure democracy. So, yeah, back to high school for you.

it has democratic principles, and maybe at the local level everyone votes in some places. but to me a democracy is direct democracy and we are not that at the State and Federal levels.

There are different types of democracies.

Name a country that uses whatever it is you think democracy is.

Long story short, a representative democracy is ...wait for it...a democracy, whether it's a republic or not.

No, it makes us a Federal Constitutional Democratic Republic.

You can't win against OCD buddy.

no freedom for YOU !!!

Watchdog says democratic freedoms waning in US under Trump

WHO NEEDS DEMOCRACY ?

we have a Dickhead Dictator driving the short bus.

This says all you need to know about Freedom House, from your link:

The report criticizes Trump for making false statements, refusing to disclose his taxes and other information, violating basic ethical standards and taking insufficient steps to counter Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

Tell the class what Trump could have done as a candidate in that election, he had no power. It was the mulatto messiahs admin that did nothing, so take you biased bullshit source and shove it.

I thought you guys were always asserting that Hillary lost on her own accord, rather than Russia influencing that.
So how could Obama stop election meddling that you guys claim never happened?

Your an idiot, I don't know anyone who said Russia didn't try to influence the election, they've been doing it for decades. The feds knew they were trying to hack various systems including political parties and they did nothing. It's your problem that the DNC had substandard geeks and were penetrated. Of course your dear leader made it a habit of meddling in other countries elections too. What didn't happen was coordination between the Trump campaign and the Russians.

Oh, and the bitch taking the rust belt for granted is what lost her the election.

The public revelation made so far about coordination is about wikileaks, and the Trump team's coverup of that subject.

What we could find out is that somewhere in Trump team there was somebody knowingly conspiring with a foreign government to exchange dirt on an opponent for policy initiatives.
Or perhaps its not that bad, but instead the dirty part is just all their efforts to hide information. But i suspect there is a reason for the coverup.

Shrugs)
I haven't lost any freedoms at all.
I can still call 7 an idiot and an asshole.
I can joke and make fun of g5000
I can still tell natty boy to f off, nope, all in all it's the same. Besides what else is a Progressive Group going to say?

Wrong answer, State reps are exactly that, State reps, that includes electors. Democracy ends at the State line.

Also Fed House members never selected the Senate, they were selected by State legislatures. Thanks for proving who little you actually know.

no freedom for YOU !!!

WHO NEEDS DEMOCRACY ?

The report criticizes Trump for making false statements, refusing to disclose his taxes and other information, violating basic ethical standards and taking insufficient steps to counter Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

Tell the class what Trump could have done as a candidate in that election, he had no power. It was the mulatto messiahs admin that did nothing, so take you biased bullshit source and shove it.

I thought you guys were always asserting that Hillary lost on her own accord, rather than Russia influencing that.

Your an idiot, I don't know anyone who said Russia didn't try to influence the election, they've been doing it for decades. The feds knew they were trying to hack various systems including political parties and they did nothing. It's your problem that the DNC had substandard geeks and were penetrated. Of course your dear leader made it a habit of meddling in other countries elections too. What didn't happen was coordination between the Trump campaign and the Russians.

Oh, and the bitch taking the rust belt for granted is what lost her the election.

The public revelation made so far about coordination is about wikileaks, and the Trump team's coverup of that subject.

What we could find out is that somewhere in Trump team there was somebody knowingly conspiring with a foreign government to exchange dirt on an opponent for policy initiatives.
Or perhaps its not that bad, but instead the dirty part is just all their efforts to hide information. But i suspect there is a reason for the coverup.

Tell ya what, get back to me when you're not using words like could, possibly, maybe, could be. All you're doing is admitting you're pulling shit out of your ass with no evidence.

no freedom for YOU !!!

WHO NEEDS DEMOCRACY ?

Tell ya what, get back to me when you're not using words like could, possibly, maybe, could be. All you're doing is admitting you're pulling shit out of your ass with no evidence.

I just provided evidence of them hiding info about wikileaks-russia.
There is alot we dont know because Mueller is obviously going for more than just obstruction, especially now having a new cyber prosecutor.

no freedom for YOU !!!

WHO NEEDS DEMOCRACY ?

My bad, I had the House on my mind when I replied. And no, democracy doesn't end at the state line. Each state sends it's own representatives to Washington and then all states elect the president. It's a representative democracy.

I just provided evidence of them hiding info about wikileaks-russia.
There is alot we dont know because Mueller is obviously going for more than just obstruction, especially now having a new cyber prosecutor.

You provided more speculation, not one senior leader in the house or senate committees have said they have seen any evidence of coordination. You need to go to the other side to find actual payments to foreign entities and coordination with Russia in the campaign. BTW who ever provided the DNC emails to wiki was already in the DNC system before Trump announced his candidacy.

My bad, I had the House on my mind when I replied. And no, democracy doesn't end at the state line. Each state sends it's own representatives to Washington and then all states elect the president. It's a representative democracy.

You know what they call a representative form of government? A republic. We have a federal government, not a national government. The States created the federal government and they have the authority to change or abolish it at will.

no freedom for YOU !!!

WHO NEEDS DEMOCRACY ?

Democratic freedoms have been waning in this country ever since the early 20th century.

yup, now with Turdhead Trump running things even more like the article says
what freedom did you lose?

the freedom of not paying for Trumps tax cuts .

next RW idiot.

no freedom for YOU !!!

WHO NEEDS DEMOCRACY ?

Democratic freedoms have been waning in this country ever since the early 20th century.

yup, now with Turdhead Trump running things even more like the article says
what freedom did you lose?

the freedom of not paying for Trumps tax cuts .

next RW idiot.
you aren't free from taxes at any time in your life.

so I'll repeat, a bit;

What freedoms did you lose, please don't lie.

Forum List

Back