freedom Nazi

It's not wrong, it's the definition.

Which is a democracy, idiot.

No, it isn't. You quoted something wrong. Man up and admit it.

It has democratic parts, it is not a democracy.

What did I 'quote wrong'? We are a democracy, we are not a direct democracy which nobody claimed we were. Idiot. :badgrin:

When you yammer around screaming about "democracy" being ruined, you imply the will of the people. However as we have a constitution that tempers that will, your screams for democracy being threatened ring hollow, because we are not a true democracy.

What the hell are you whimpering about? You said the US wasn't a democracy, I said it was and proved you wrong. Can you get anything right in this thread? :badgrin:

You proved nothing. And again, as part of the premise of this thread, what part of our "democracy" is Trump ruining?

I proved nothing? Then why are you no longer proclaiming that the United States is not a democracy? Jesus, even when you know you're wrong you can't stop lying.

No, it isn't. You quoted something wrong. Man up and admit it.

It has democratic parts, it is not a democracy.

What did I 'quote wrong'? We are a democracy, we are not a direct democracy which nobody claimed we were. Idiot. :badgrin:

When you yammer around screaming about "democracy" being ruined, you imply the will of the people. However as we have a constitution that tempers that will, your screams for democracy being threatened ring hollow, because we are not a true democracy.

What the hell are you whimpering about? You said the US wasn't a democracy, I said it was and proved you wrong. Can you get anything right in this thread? :badgrin:

You proved nothing. And again, as part of the premise of this thread, what part of our "democracy" is Trump ruining?

I proved nothing? Then why are you no longer proclaiming that the United States is not a democracy? Jesus, even when you know you're wrong you can't stop lying.

It is a Constitutional Democratic Federalist Republic.

Democratic principles, not a democracy.

It's a democracy. There is no such thing as a country that is a direct democracy. You're clearly not grasping at that.

it's like saying we're not a capitalist country because we don't have pure unadulterated capitalism.

It's a democracy. There is no such thing as a country that is a direct democracy. You're clearly not grasping at that.

it's like saying we're not a capitalist country because we don't have pure unadulterated capitalism.

The difference is there aren't more discreet terms for the various forms of capitalism, short of things like crony capitalism.

When one yammers on about democracy, one is usually butt hurt over something being checked against whatever the "will of the people" is in your addled mind. That is the Constitutional part of our form of government, the limits imposed to protect individuals against government tyranny (which in a democratic system is popular tyranny) and what usually makes you clowns butt hurt.

Again, what part of your freedoms and "democracy" is Trump killing?

The difference is there aren't more discreet terms for the various forms of capitalism, short of things like crony capitalism.

When one yammers on about democracy, one is usually butt hurt over something being checked against whatever the "will of the people" is in your addled mind. That is the Constitutional part of our form of government, the limits imposed to protect individuals against government tyranny (which in a democratic system is popular tyranny) and what usually makes you clowns butt hurt.

Yet here we are, still a democracy.

Go ahead, say it one more time that we are not a democracy.

Answer my 2nd question, you already know my position on the democracy thing.

Again we are a Federal Constitutional Democratic Republic.

We'd have to agree on whether this country is a democracy or not and you apparently don't know the answer to that.

However if you must know, I don't think Trump has the power to destroy our democracy, I don't give him that much credit.

We'd have to agree on whether this country is a democracy or not and you apparently don't know the answer to that.

However if you must know, I don't think Trump has the power to destroy our democracy, I don't give him that much credit.

it has democratic principles, and maybe at the local level everyone votes in some places. but to me a democracy is direct democracy and we are not that at the State and Federal levels.

it has democratic principles, and maybe at the local level everyone votes in some places. but to me a democracy is direct democracy and we are not that at the State and Federal levels.

There are different types of democracies.

Name a country that uses whatever it is you think democracy is.

Long story short, a representative democracy is ...wait for it...a democracy, whether it's a republic or not.

Long story short, a representative democracy is ...wait for it...a democracy, whether it's a republic or not.

But now you added the term "representative" to democracy, and thus changed the definition.

Democracy as a concept is like the Ideal Gas Law.

But now you added the term "representative" to democracy, and thus changed the definition.

Democracy as a concept is like the Ideal Gas Law.

A representative Democracy is a democracy. You said we weren't a democracy.

Let's be real here. You heard once that we aren't a democracy and never really bothered to check into it yourself so have been parroting the same phrase.

Now, answer my question. Name a country that is a democracy that isn't a representative democracy.

colorado voted democratically to legalize pot, and Clownboi and his lawman are trying to reverse that vote

wtf do you call that

He hasn't disbanded the other branches of government,
He is disbanding the EPA, and this is what the city where he has his $h#thouse tower (NYC) looked like before the EPA:
tumblr_lw7sahnaT11qat9xfo1_500.gif

3679279416fd21b7fa13o.jpg

01ABOUT1-superJumbo.jpg

Last edited:
To Trumpbots, democracy is some commie thing democrats like and therefore must be killed. Not even joking.

How has Trump killed The Republic? (we are not a Democracy)

You do know that a republic and a democracy are not mutually exclusive, right?

As a Republic, that we are, minorities in this country have rights.
As a Democracy, minorities have no rights, because the majority rules.

You still do not understand how democracy functions within a republic framework and I suspect that your self-esteem depends upon you deliberately not understanding that.

To Trumpbots, democracy is some commie thing democrats like and therefore must be killed. Not even joking.

Yeah we are.
The term "democracy" does not refer to "direct" or "pure" democracy, it refers to democratically elected representative government leadership within the framework of a constitutional republic.
Other examples include democratically elected parliamentary leadership inside the framework of a constitutional monarchy (UK - Canada - AUS) ...and there are still more, and all are referred to as "democracies".

The people who insist that the USA is not a democracy are typically nationalist authoritarians and fascists, who by nature fear and hate democracy, and detest its inconvenience to their agenda.

Wrong, we are a Constitutional Republic. The way the country was founded was to protect the individual people from mob rule. A straight Democracy is a terrible thing to behold. If you wish to see what happens in that sort of government just look up ancient Greece and the absurd actions they undertook because of mob rule.

You need to work on your reading comprehension skills:

The term "democracy" does not refer to "direct" or "pure" democracy, it refers to democratically elected representative government leadership within the framework of a constitutional republic.

Yeah we are.
Other examples include democratically elected parliamentary leadership inside the framework of a constitutional monarchy (UK - Canada - AUS) ...and there are still more, and all are referred to as "democracies".

The people who insist that the USA is not a democracy are typically nationalist authoritarians and fascists, who by nature fear and hate democracy, and detest its inconvenience to their agenda.

Wrong, we are a Constitutional Republic. The way the country was founded was to protect the individual people from mob rule. A straight Democracy is a terrible thing to behold. If you wish to see what happens in that sort of government just look up ancient Greece and the absurd actions they undertook because of mob rule.

Once again, a Constitutional Republic and a Democratic Republic are not mutually exclusive.

Ummm, yeah they are. A Democratic Republic doesn't require a Constitution. A Constitutional Republic REQUIRES it. In a Democratic Republic laws are created by a popular vote of the people. In a Constitutional Republic ALL laws must pass the test of being Constitutional. So yeah, they are mutually exclusive.

The term "democratic republic" is a made up term.
Name ONE nation which is a "democratic republic".
You do not understand how democracy works within the framework of a republic, and you're frightened to death of anyone who might prove it to you.
Why not just say that you HATE democracy and prefer fascism, it's easier and more convenient, and at least people would respect that you have a belief founded on something.

no freedom for YOU !!!

Watchdog says democratic freedoms waning in US under Trump

WHO NEEDS DEMOCRACY ?

we have a Dickhead Dictator driving the short bus.
Democracy isn't freedom, dumbass.

Oh, that makes an awesome bumper sticker at the klan rallies.

Speaking the simple truth doesn't make you a member of the Klan, douche bag.

Can you dumbass snowflake morons discuss any subject without accusing your critics of being racists?

Forum List

Back