freedom Nazi

A representative Democracy is a democracy. You said we weren't a democracy.

Let's be real here. You heard once that we aren't a democracy and never really bothered to check into it yourself so have been parroting the same phrase.

Now, answer my question. Name a country that is a democracy that isn't a representative democracy.

Exactly. The Greeks tried pure democracy once, suffered the consequences and ever since then, democracy is only applied within the framework of SOMETHING, and not applied as a pure system.
That is why the "we are a republic" argument is infantile, ignorant and reeks of revisionist propaganda.
Only a coward would argue that we are not a democracy, when what they're really getting at is the fact that democracy gets in their way.

no freedom for YOU !!!

Watchdog says democratic freedoms waning in US under Trump

WHO NEEDS DEMOCRACY ?

we have a Dickhead Dictator driving the short bus.
Democracy isn't freedom, dumbass.

Oh, that makes an awesome bumper sticker at the klan rallies.

Speaking the simple truth doesn't make you a member of the Klan, douche bag.

Can you dumbass snowflake morons discuss any subject without accusing your critics of being racists?

I'm not calling you a klansman, I'm saying your little bumper sticker would go over well at a klan rally. Don't take it so personally...or do.

no freedom for YOU !!!

WHO NEEDS DEMOCRACY ?

Can you dumbass snowflake morons discuss any subject without accusing your critics of being racists?

I'm not calling you a klansman, I'm saying your little bumper sticker would go over well at a klan rally. Don't take it so personally...or do.
Who do you think you're fooling, you fucking douchebag?

no freedom for YOU !!!

WHO NEEDS DEMOCRACY ?

Who do you think you're fooling, you fucking douchebag?

I guess you chose 'do'. :badgrin:

Answer my 2nd question, you already know my position on the democracy thing.

Again we are a Federal Constitutional Democratic Republic.

We'd have to agree on whether this country is a democracy or not and you apparently don't know the answer to that.

However if you must know, I don't think Trump has the power to destroy our democracy, I don't give him that much credit.

it has democratic principles, and maybe at the local level everyone votes in some places. but to me a democracy is direct democracy and we are not that at the State and Federal levels.

There are different types of democracies.

Name a country that uses whatever it is you think democracy is.

Long story short, a representative democracy is ...wait for it...a democracy, whether it's a republic or not.

But now you added the term "representative" to democracy, and thus changed the definition.

Democracy as a concept is like the Ideal Gas Law.

Let's be real here. You heard once that we aren't a democracy and never really bothered to check into it yourself so have been parroting the same phrase.

Now, answer my question. Name a country that is a democracy that isn't a representative democracy.

A representative democracy is a form of democracy, and no we are not a true representative democracy because of the limits placed by out constitution.

We are a constitutional federal democratic republic.

and my OCD doesn't need anyone else to be anal about these things, it can handle it by itself.

The difference is there aren't more discreet terms for the various forms of capitalism, short of things like crony capitalism.

Yet here we are, still a democracy.

Go ahead, say it one more time that we are not a democracy.

Answer my 2nd question, you already know my position on the democracy thing.

Again we are a Federal Constitutional Democratic Republic.

We'd have to agree on whether this country is a democracy or not and you apparently don't know the answer to that.

However if you must know, I don't think Trump has the power to destroy our democracy, I don't give him that much credit.

it has democratic principles, and maybe at the local level everyone votes in some places. but to me a democracy is direct democracy and we are not that at the State and Federal levels.

colorado voted democratically to legalize pot, and Clownboi and his lawman are trying to reverse that vote

wtf do you call that

Actually they are following the law passed by congress in 1971 that placed pot on Schedule 1 of the Controlled Substances act.

If you have a beef with that, call your Senator and Congressperson. They are the ones that need to fix it.

Tell the class what Trump could have done as a candidate in that election, he had no power. It was the mulatto messiahs admin that did nothing, so take you biased bullshit source and shove it.

Moron......Did Obama plop a whole bunch of sanctions on Russians which STILL pisses off Putin?......................Yes or No?

Did Obama close down some of the Russian spies safe houses? Yes or No?

Did Obama expel a bunch of Russian spies from US soil? Yes or No?

Take your RACIST rant and show it up your Tigger ass hole....LOL

Tell the class what Trump could have done as a candidate in that election, he had no power. It was the mulatto messiahs admin that did nothing, so take you biased bullshit source and shove it.

Moron......Did Obama plop a whole bunch of sanctions on Russians which STILL pisses off Putin?......................Yes or No?

Did Obama close down some of the Russian spies safe houses? Yes or No?

Did Obama expel a bunch of Russian spies from US soil? Yes or No?

Take your RACIST rant and show it up your Tigger ass hole....LOL

As usual, a day late and a dollar short, just an after thought on the way out the door and more than month after the election was over. It was actually vindictiveness to tie Trumps hands in dealing with Russia, a typical chicago gutter trash move.

Long story short, a representative democracy is ...wait for it...a democracy, whether it's a republic or not.

But now you added the term "representative" to democracy, and thus changed the definition.

A representative democracy is a form of democracy, and no we are not a true representative democracy because of the limits placed by out constitution.

and my OCD doesn't need anyone else to be anal about these things, it can handle it by itself.

Right, that makes us a democracy. You can attempt to spin yourself silly, you said we weren't a democracy, sucka' you be wrong. :badgrin:

no freedom for YOU !!!

WHO NEEDS DEMOCRACY ?

This says all you need to know about Freedom House, from your link:

The report criticizes Trump for making false statements, refusing to disclose his taxes and other information, violating basic ethical standards and taking insufficient steps to counter Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

I thought you guys were always asserting that Hillary lost on her own accord, rather than Russia influencing that.
So how could Obama stop election meddling that you guys claim never happened?

Right, that makes us a democracy. You can attempt to spin yourself silly, you said we weren't a democracy, sucka' you be wrong. :badgrin:

The federal government is a constitutional republic. All democracy occurs at the State level and their political subdivisions. There are no direct elections for the two federal offices.

no freedom for YOU !!!

WHO NEEDS DEMOCRACY ?

This says all you need to know about Freedom House, from your link:

The report criticizes Trump for making false statements, refusing to disclose his taxes and other information, violating basic ethical standards and taking insufficient steps to counter Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

I thought you guys were always asserting that Hillary lost on her own accord, rather than Russia influencing that.
So how could Obama stop election meddling that you guys claim never happened?

Your an idiot, I don't know anyone who said Russia didn't try to influence the election, they've been doing it for decades. The feds knew they were trying to hack various systems including political parties and they did nothing. It's your problem that the DNC had substandard geeks and were penetrated. Of course your dear leader made it a habit of meddling in other countries elections too. What didn't happen was coordination between the Trump campaign and the Russians.

Oh, and the bitch taking the rust belt for granted is what lost her the election.

I especially liked the scary music ...

scared-child-needing-reassurance.jpg

I love how the leftists are really bad at making videos. They are almost always cheesy.

no freedom for YOU !!!

WHO NEEDS DEMOCRACY ?

In this entire article it doesn't explain how a single "democratic freedom" has been adversely effected in the US. It says that the administration has attacked core institutions and rejected long held ethical norms, but it doesn't point to a single particular instance of this, doesn't specify what it means by "attack", and completely fails to point out how any of the rejected norms have eroded anyone's rights in any way.

Come on, at least find an article that ATTEMPTS to make a real argument before you break into your Chicken Little routine over the whole thing.

no freedom for YOU !!!

WHO NEEDS DEMOCRACY ?

In this entire article it doesn't explain how a single "democratic freedom" has been adversely effected in the US. It says that the administration has attacked core institutions and rejected long held ethical norms, but it doesn't point to a single particular instance of this, doesn't specify what it means by "attack", and completely fails to point out how any of the rejected norms have eroded anyone's rights in any way.

Come on, at least find an article that ATTEMPTS to make a real argument before you break into your Chicken Little routine over the whole thing.

read the title again .. do you understand what waning means ?

ok, heres one example ..

White House aides said that Trump will have signed 32 executive orders by Friday, the most of any president in their first 100 days since World War II. That’s a far cry from Trump’s heated campaign rhetoric, in which he railed against his predecessor’s use of executive action late in his tenure as President Barack Obama sought to maneuver around a Republican Congress. Trump argued that he, the consummate deal maker, wouldn’t need to rely on the tool.

remind me exactly whats democratic about eo's ... Shitforhair didnt like Obama policy so he put an end to everything he wanted to with no vote on the law.

come on ...

no freedom for YOU !!!

WHO NEEDS DEMOCRACY ?

ok, heres one example ..

White House aides said that Trump will have signed 32 executive orders by Friday, the most of any president in their first 100 days since World War II. That’s a far cry from Trump’s heated campaign rhetoric, in which he railed against his predecessor’s use of executive action late in his tenure as President Barack Obama sought to maneuver around a Republican Congress. Trump argued that he, the consummate deal maker, wouldn’t need to rely on the tool.

remind me exactly whats democratic about eo's ... Shitforhair didnt like Obama policy so he put an end to everything he wanted to with no vote on the law.

come on ...

I do understand what waning means. To wane is to lessen or to become weaker. That little "ing" suffix, in your OP, implies that the wane is currently in progress. If it is currently in progress, then democratic rights have begun to lessen. In what way have they lessened? Specifically.

The number of executive orders is utterly meaningless to this claim that you've made. There are only two ways that those executive orders represent the waning of democratic rights. The first way is if any of those EO's actually directly stripped away democratic rights from some citizen or group of citizens. The second way is if the EO's were used to implement policies in areas that the Constitution has delegated to other branches of government. Have any of his EO's stripped anyone's rights directly? Have any of his EO's overstepped the bounds of presidential authority and usurped authority from other branches of government? Can you even tell me what TWO of his EO's were, without popping a Google tab on your browser? Nah, seriously though, if you can find any examples of a Trump executive order violating anyone's democratic rights, I'm all ears. I'm not holding my breath, though. For all the people who claim that Trump is taking away people's freedoms, or claim that Trump is running a fascist regime, I have yet to be presented with a SINGLE specific example of an action he's taken or a policy he's pushed for as POTUS that could be defined as either of those things.

no freedom for YOU !!!

WHO NEEDS DEMOCRACY ?

ok, heres one example ..

come on ...

I do understand what waning means. To wane is to lessen or to become weaker. That little "ing" suffix, in your OP, implies that the wane is currently in progress. If it is currently in progress, then democratic rights have begun to lessen. In what way have they lessened? Specifically.

The number of executive orders is utterly meaningless to this claim that you've made. There are only two ways that those executive orders represent the waning of democratic rights. The first way is if any of those EO's actually directly stripped away democratic rights from some citizen or group of citizens. The second way is if the EO's were used to implement policies in areas that the Constitution has delegated to other branches of government. Have any of his EO's stripped anyone's rights directly? Have any of his EO's overstepped the bounds of presidential authority and usurped authority from other branches of government? Can you even tell me what TWO of his EO's were, without popping a Google tab on your browser? Nah, seriously though, if you can find any examples of a Trump executive order violating anyone's democratic rights, I'm all ears. I'm not holding my breath, though. For all the people who claim that Trump is taking away people's freedoms, or claim that Trump is running a fascist regime, I have yet to be presented with a SINGLE specific example of an action he's taken or a policy he's pushed for as POTUS that could be defined as either of those things.

Have any of his EO's stripped anyone's rights directly?

the people who were effected by the change had no democratic options at their avail, the took it and had to live with it.

like you.. deal with it.

no freedom for YOU !!!

WHO NEEDS DEMOCRACY ?

ok, heres one example ..

come on ...

Have any of his EO's stripped anyone's rights directly?

the people who were effected by the change had no democratic options at their avail, the took it and had to live with it.

like you.. deal with it.

Your reasoning is very sloppy here. If democratic rights are waning, that means that rights previously held are being lessened.

People being effected by a policy without being able to vote on it directly doesn't represent a waning of anyone's democratic rights. The vast majority (if I said "all", it would only be a very minor exaggeration) of Federal policies are implemented without ever being put to the direct democratic vote of the citizens they effect. The fact that people are effected by Trump's EO's is only a WANING of democratic rights if he has overstepped his bounds and implemented, by executive order, something that isn't already within the purview of his authority. Unless you can point to one of his EO's that fits this description, you are directly failing to back your claim that anyone effected by an EO is LOSING their democratic rights, as you're referring to "rights" that they never had before Trump and which he, therefore, cannot possibly have taken away from them.

Actually the Corrupt Democratic Party blocking Voter ID laws to protect their mass Voter Fraud is a threat to our democracy.

Forum List

Back