Freedom Of Religion

If you think you can be a Christian and support gay marriage then your Christian beliefs have already been compromised.

Are you trying to tell me what a Christian is SUPPOSED to believe??? What about Your much touted "Freedom of Religion"?

I'm free to believe whatever you say I can believe, but I'm not entitled to my own beliefs based on my faith and reading of the Bible.

How hypocritical of you.
You can call yourself a Christian and deny the divinity of Jesus, the truth of the Gospel, and the docrtrine of Heaven and Hell. Just dont expect anyone to take you seriously.

o_OFreedom Of Religion;

Nothing is sadder than watching people think Freedom of Religion means "Freedom to force my Religion onto you".

The concept. "The Constitution gives me the right to force you to think like me"

Christians need to stop trying to CONTROL America....The Bible and the Constitution teach FREE WILL. What are you all thinking?o_O

Pretty interesting point of view. I would argue that there is plenty of cramming on both sides. Luddy mentioned Hobby Lobby. Hey, it's a private company whose owners have religious views that prohibit the use of contraception. Forcing them to pay for it is secularists forcing their views down theists throats, not the other way around. Liberals have no problem with demonstrations against the 1%, but wen a religious group holds a demonstration they are told to "keep it in church". When there were plans to build a mosque on the grounds of 9/11, liberals screamed about freedom of religion in their support for the mosque. Why don't liberals champion Hobby Lobby's freedoms like they championed it for Muslims? If someone knocks on your door and asks you if you want to hear about Jesus, no is forcing you to do anything. You are free to slam the door in their face and go about your day.

Seriously, what are you whining about? I don't see anyone dragging you to church on Sunday while you kick and scream in opposition.

o_OFreedom Of Religion;

Nothing is sadder than watching people think Freedom of Religion means "Freedom to force my Religion onto you".

The concept. "The Constitution gives me the right to force you to think like me"

Christians need to stop trying to CONTROL America....The Bible and the Constitution teach FREE WILL. What are you all thinking?o_O

Pretty interesting point of view. I would argue that there is plenty of cramming on both sides. Luddy mentioned Hobby Lobby. Hey, it's a private company whose owners have religious views that prohibit the use of contraception. Forcing them to pay for it is secularists forcing their views down theists throats, not the other way around. Liberals have no problem with demonstrations against the 1%, but wen a religious group holds a demonstration they are told to "keep it in church". When there were plans to build a mosque on the grounds of 9/11, liberals screamed about freedom of religion in their support for the mosque. Why don't liberals champion Hobby Lobby's freedoms like they championed it for Muslims? If someone knocks on your door and asks you if you want to hear about Jesus, no is forcing you to do anything. You are free to slam the door in their face and go about your day.

Seriously, what are you whining about? I don't see anyone dragging you to church on Sunday while you kick and scream in opposition.
Small correction: Hobby Lobby's owners do not object to contraceptives, and their health care plan provides those for employees. They do object to abortions and were suing to make sure their plan did not provide aborfacients to employees. The employees could purchase them on their own of course. But the company wouldnt pay for them.

o_OFreedom Of Religion;

Who in the hell is saying this, other than you of course. And liberals and progressives aren't constantly trying to force their morality on the rest of us?

Palease.

How anyone in this day and age where Islamists are killing thousands daily simply because they are gay, or Christian or Jewish, or anything not Muslim, could see Christian's as the problem is beyond me. But, as I suspect, it is cowardice. They know the Christians aren't going to retaliate.

I think the line is crossed when people walk through the streets advocating and inciting murder and violence against another religious or minority group

This is a good example:

islam-london7.jpg

But no government will take action, because they are afraid of lawsuits from radical Islamist groups.

LOL full
Its not just that they're cramming it down our throats. I don't really care what the wacko fundies believe but they want full-out sharia law to control the lives of all of us. Sadly, some rabid right wing legislators agree.
on shira law,more hysterical bull shit from the hysterical left.
Please show us were shira law will be enforced or even wanted,please show use the broad broad effort by Christians to take over your pathetic life??!!

Apparently, you didn't notice the whole Hobby Lobby debacle and you haven't noticed the laws being passed that make it legal to discriminate based on sexuality. How about the law the Repubs just passed making it legal in DC to fire you if your employer disagrees with your choice of birth control. President Obama will veto it, of course but the house DID pass it. How about the laws the nutters want in order to control a woman's choice to reproduce.

ALL of those laws are based on religious beliefs = sharia law.
Well you got hobby lobby all wrong good chance your wrong on all accounts.
You have the text of this new law?
AS far as abortions,your for death Christians are for life,which is the better choice?

o_OFreedom Of Religion;

Small correction: Hobby Lobby's owners do not object to contraceptives, and their health care plan provides those for employees. They do object to abortions and were suing to make sure their plan did not provide aborfacients to employees. The employees could purchase them on their own of course. But the company wouldnt pay for them.

I stand corrected. The same principle applies.

LOL full
Its not just that they're cramming it down our throats. I don't really care what the wacko fundies believe but they want full-out sharia law to control the lives of all of us. Sadly, some rabid right wing legislators agree.
on shira law,more hysterical bull shit from the hysterical left.
Please show us were shira law will be enforced or even wanted,please show use the broad broad effort by Christians to take over your pathetic life??!!

Apparently, you didn't notice the whole Hobby Lobby debacle and you haven't noticed the laws being passed that make it legal to discriminate based on sexuality. How about the law the Repubs just passed making it legal in DC to fire you if your employer disagrees with your choice of birth control. President Obama will veto it, of course but the house DID pass it. How about the laws the nutters want in order to control a woman's choice to reproduce.

ALL of those laws are based on religious beliefs = sharia law.
Put the crack pipe down and breathe easily. No one is controlling any woman's access to or right of any kind of birth control.
On the contrary, it is the libs who want to force companies like Hobby Lobby to spend their own money on things they object to.
Reality is an alien concept to libs.

And you don't get it --- THAT is sharia law.

o_OFreedom Of Religion;

The Hobby Lobby debacle was very hypocritical.

If you get health care insurance through your job, your employer should not have the right to decide what your coverage will be.

OR

If the employer is given that right, it needs to be applied equally.

If your employer is going to give full coverage to one employee and less coverage to another, that employer should have to compensate the employee who is being cheated out of equal coverage.

In the past, health care coverage, as a benefit, was the same for all. Now it varies from employee to employee.

No employer should have the right to force employees to abide by their religion, punish an employee or have any knowledge of any kind about that employee's medical information. Period.

o_OFreedom Of Religion;

If you get health care insurance through your job, your employer should not have the right to decide what your coverage will be.

OR

If your employer is going to give full coverage to one employee and less coverage to another, that employer should have to compensate the employee who is being cheated out of equal coverage.

In the past, health care coverage, as a benefit, was the same for all. Now it varies from employee to employee.

No employer should have the right to force employees to abide by their religion, punish an employee or have any knowledge of any kind about that employee's medical information. Period.

Uhm, every employer decides what health care coverage it can/will afford. It only varies from employee to employee if the employer has multiple plans due to pricing structures. And how is not providing free contraception a punishment? Unless of course you contend you're entitled to anything you want, for free.

Your post as usual is utter nonsense and shows you don't know jack shit about how things work.

o_OFreedom Of Religion;

OR

Wait, so just because you are paying for something doesnt give you the right to specify what it is?
Yeah, no problems there. LOL! Libs are nuts!

Not when it's a mandated program you don't.

You don't have the right to go to the doctor with your employees and specify what treatment they receive, even if you are paying for the medical insurance.

Since medical insurance is an expensed item which is technically part of the employee compensation package, you don't have the right to say what your workers use it for.

Not when it's a mandated program you don't.

You don't have the right to go to the doctor with your employees and specify what treatment they receive, even if you are paying for the medical insurance.

Since medical insurance is an expensed item which is technically part of the employee compensation package, you don't have the right to say what your workers use it for.
You are an idiot, like that needed further demonstration.
Companies are paying for health coverage. They get to specify the types of coverage offered. No one is talking about the employer going to the doctor with them. Grow up.

o_OFreedom Of Religion;

OR

They are not forcing anyone to abide by their religion or punishing anyone who doesn't. They are just refusing to pay for something that violates their own. If you force them to do that then you are pushing your beliefs upon them. You are damn right it's hypocritical. It's hypocritical of liberals to insist that theists are pushing their religion down atheists throats when atheists are doing the exact same thing. In fact, it's not just hypocritical, it's fucking audacious.

They are paying for their employees health insurance. As does my employer. My health insurance covers abortions as does everyone's health insurance.

The company is not paying for abortions, the health insurance company is. My employer does not get to tell my insurance company what they want me covered for. That wouldn't be allowed.

But then I live in Canada where religious whack jobs don't get to impose their ideas on their employees.

o_OFreedom Of Religion;

The only ones wanting to force their religoon on others are homosexuals, global warming Nazis, abortion sacramentalists, feminist dykes, Islamonazis, and other loons. It certainly isnt Christians.

You do understand Homosexuality isn't ok only because of Religion..You do understand global warming is proven with facts even though certain people spend millions to fool small brains to believe it's not a fact.
"...christians trying to cram their religion down my throat...."

you have made this personal, can you put names to these "Christians" or are you lying again ?

We can put very bias laws on them. Via~ the point.

o_OFreedom Of Religion;

OR

They are not forcing anyone to abide by their religion or punishing anyone who doesn't. They are just refusing to pay for something that violates their own. If you force them to do that then you are pushing your beliefs upon them. You are damn right it's hypocritical. It's hypocritical of liberals to insist that theists are pushing their religion down atheists throats when atheists are doing the exact same thing. In fact, it's not just hypocritical, it's fucking audacious.

Is there a LAW IN THE BOOKS written to keep gays from getting married? I think you are in the catch-up process. Gays aren't trying to make new law to allow them to get married. They are trying to end OLD LAWS that prevent them from getting married.

It's 100% proven that the reason so many fear gays is because of the raptures in the Bible.

Otherwise, the people who hate gays are extremely strange to invest so much time hating a group that don't conform to their own idea's.

The irony is that it simply says there will be a lot of gays and a lot of sin. "Do not Judge or be Judged" is what comes to mind.

o_OFreedom Of Religion;

The Constitution safeguards both the right of citizens to engage in religious expression – or to be free from faith altogether – absent unwarranted interference by government (Free Exercise Clause), and the right of citizens to be free from religion, forbidding government from endorsing religion and religious practice by prohibiting citizens from seeking to compel religious conformity through the codification of religious dogma into secular law all must obey (Establishment Clause).

Unfortunately, there are those theists who incorrectly believe that government can accommodate all manner of religious expression as authorized by the 'will of the people,' needless to say nothing could be further from the truth. Also completely wrong is the notion that when the courts correctly and in concert with the First Amendment invalidate laws that violate the Establishment Clause, this somehow manifests as 'interfering' with 'religious liberty,' which again is absolutely untrue.

There are times when religious expression in the context of government is appropriate and times when it is not; it's incumbent upon citizens to understand and accept this fact of law, seeking neither to endorse nor inhibit religious expression through force of law contrary to First Amendment jurisprudence.

Forum List

Back