French mountain climber finds jewel cache, possibly from decades-old Air India crash

Vikrant

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2013
The U.S.
A French mountain climber stumbled upon a case of dozens of cut jewels, worth hundreds of thousands of dollars — believed to be debris from one of two Air India crashes decades ago, police said.

Police commander Sylvain Merly of France’s Savoie region said the experienced Mont Blanc climber, who asked to stay anonymous, found the box marked “Made in India” while scaling one of the peak’s glaciers and turned it in on Sept. 9. Authorities hope to find someone connected with its owner, who is presumed to have been a passenger on one of the two jets that crashed in 1950 or 1966.

French mountain climber finds jewel cache, possibly from decades-old Air India crash - The Globe and Mail

You have to commend the French government; it is trying to locate the rightful owner of the jewels. If it were British government, they would have kept it.

I have no admiration nor sympathy for "mountain climbers".

But then... Julie Andrews was kinda hot back in the day.

And after all, she done forded every stream...

Those hips of hers were stout. Birthing kinda hips.

I would have taken them because I actively go out and look for treasure, but I digress. I suppose it shows some human virtue to find something like that and send it back to whomever.

I would have taken them because I actively go out and look for treasure, but I digress. I suppose it shows some human virtue to find something like that and send it back to whomever.

Rightfully, it belongs to the surviving relatives of the owner. French are doing the right thing in trying to locate the relatives of the owner. Kudos to French government.

Forum List

Back