Friends and religion, philosophy, and politics

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2009
Choose your friends with care. I think almost all of us have seen friends and families torn asunder because of the difficulties below.

10906058_749934958431904_503768277509693954_n.jpg

When you have friends that actively set out to destroy your livelihood via the ballot box and special interest pressure, it is assured that people are going to lose friends, even family.

Jefferson never really had to experience that from a traditional constitutional view of America like we have today. And that chasm is not going to narrow.

I have friends of various political persuasions, and because we are friends, when we do talk politics, we end up talking about things with which we agree instead of things with which we don't.

The only people who lose friends over politics are complete hacks who view their politics as if it were tribal warfare.

When you have friends that actively set out to destroy your livelihood via the ballot box and special interest pressure, it is assured that people are going to lose friends, even family.

Jefferson never really had to experience that from a traditional constitutional view of America like we have today. And that chasm is not going to narrow.

You're quite wrong about Jefferson. Read more, learn more.

You're quite wrong about Jefferson. Read more, learn more.

You're wrong about me being wrong.

The best friends are those with whom you could discuss any topic without rancor. Difficult to find among conservatives, but impossible to find among liberals.

• Banned

Good analysis.

How is your livelihood being destroyed via the ballot box? This is not a trap or a jerk question. I am interested in the statement.

• Banned
I agree that among the "in" crowd liberals are a bit more cantankerous than conservatives, and I have no use for either group's caterwauling.

Good analysis.

How is your livelihood being destroyed via the ballot box? This is not a trap or a jerk question. I am interested in the statement.

I have friends in the Gas business in NY who share friends of mine that protested and pushed special interests onto them - ruining their lives in NY. Clearly these folks are no longer on good terms.

Political views mean nothing and one shouldn't ever try to change the mind of another, It never works,

Political views mean nothing and one shouldn't ever try to change the mind of another, It never works,

Political views stem either from one's philosophy or special interest. The former is a good topic for honest discussion. The latter is the refuge of the small minded.

Forum List

Back