From gun hater to NRA-loving mom

kidrocks

Gold Member
Jan 23, 2012
How nice. Another touchy-feely story for gun-nuts to consume. But of course the recently converted-brainwashed mother of three missed the entire point. President Obama is not trying to take your precious right to bear arms. The proof is in your hands and in your house... guns, at your disposal. It's called 'gun-control' stupid. And millions of Americans have that right too.

A mother's journey to bearing arms - CNN.com

(CNN) -- I am the mother of three amazing children. Before having children, I was a firm believer that guns were dangerous. But I did nothing to educate myself about guns or gun safety. I feared the unknown and the danger guns seemed to possess.

But after 10 years, I now have a gun in my home. Listening to President Obama's news conference on Thursday marking 100 days after Sandy Hook, and the whole gun control debate, prompted me to get my viewpoint across.

Sorry, but the second amendment doesn't end with the words "unless millions of people don't like it."

Sorry, but the second amendment doesn't end with the words "unless millions of people don't like it."

It doesn't end with the right to bear AK-47's, rapid fire sub machine guns either... does it?

It doesn't end with the right to bear AK-47's, rapid fire sub machine guns either... does it?

You're right.. the citizenry at the time it was written, had the SAME WEAPONRY AVAILABLE TO THE MILITARY AT THE TIME

I would sooner have access to machine guns to law abiding citizens than taking away 20 shot clips and all the other crap being called for by the scaredy-cat left

How nice. Another touchy-feely story for gun-nuts to consume. But of course the recently converted-brainwashed mother of three missed the entire point. President Obama is not trying to take your precious right to bear arms. The proof is in your hands and in your house... guns, at your disposal. It's called 'gun-control' stupid. And millions of Americans have that right too.

What’s really sort of 'nutty' (head scratching) is President Obama’s approach to gun-control.

Given the limited time and resources of someone like him, why the heck would he choose focus so heavily on “assault weapons” when they are responsible for less than 0.1% of all gun violence across the United States?

Those things fall under the definition of Arms, so yeah... It did.

Well like with the issue of slavery there comes a point where our country needs to change the Constitution. Our founders recognized this, and gave us the power to change the Constitution.

Last edited:

Those things fall under the definition of Arms, so yeah... It did.

Well like with the issue of slavery there comes a point where our country needs to change the Constitution. Our founders recognized this, and gave us the power to change the Constitution.
That's correct - feel free to try to change the 2nd Amendment.

I believe those fall under the definition of "arms."

That's debatable... very debatable

If thats debateable, then applying the 1st amendment to anything more than the unrecorded spoken word, handwritten notes, and books of a 1700's printing press is debatable, very debatable.

We could also debate 4th amendment protections for cars, phones and computers.

Come to think of it, planes were not around in the 1790's so we should be able to debate the concept of flight.

(CNN) -- I am the mother of three amazing children. Before having children, I was a firm believer that guns were dangerous. But I did nothing to educate myself about guns or gun safety. I feared the unknown and the danger guns seemed to possess.

But after 10 years, I now have a gun in my home. Listening to President Obama's news conference on Thursday marking 100 days after Sandy Hook, and the whole gun control debate, prompted me to get my viewpoint across.

Right wingers are paranoid freaks, you should know that by now.

You're right.. the citizenry at the time it was written, had the SAME WEAPONRY AVAILABLE TO THE MILITARY AT THE TIME

I would sooner have access to machine guns to law abiding citizens than taking away 20 shot clips and all the other crap being called for by the scaredy-cat left

Well why stop there?

Let us make available to the citizenry of today the 'SAME MODERN WEAPONRY AVAILABLE TO THE MILITARY AT THIS TIME'. Let the people have access to rocket propelled grenade launchers, bazookas, sniper rifles, anti-aircraft weaponry, mortars, land mines, personal laser-guided missile launchers, etc.

Right wingers are paranoid freaks, you should know that by now.

My sentiments exactly!

Forum List

Back