From gun hater to NRA-loving mom

How nice. Another touchy-feely story for gun-nuts to consume. But of course the recently converted-brainwashed mother of three missed the entire point. President Obama is not trying to take your precious right to bear arms. The proof is in your hands and in your house... guns, at your disposal. It's called 'gun-control' stupid. And millions of Americans have that right too.

A mother's journey to bearing arms - CNN.com

(CNN) -- I am the mother of three amazing children. Before having children, I was a firm believer that guns were dangerous. But I did nothing to educate myself about guns or gun safety. I feared the unknown and the danger guns seemed to possess.

But after 10 years, I now have a gun in my home. Listening to President Obama's news conference on Thursday marking 100 days after Sandy Hook, and the whole gun control debate, prompted me to get my viewpoint across.

Right wingers are paranoid freaks, you should know that by now.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZbVzNVV7QU]DHS buys 7,000 full-auto assault rifles to use against Americans - YouTube[/ame]

Sorry, but the second amendment doesn't end with the words "unless millions of people don't like it."

It doesn't end with the right to bear AK-47's, rapid fire sub machine guns either... does it?

rapid fire machine gun ??

That one caught my attention, as well....

Some of these clowns make me smile. Seriously, someone needs to be educated about "semi-auto" and "auto" and what a FFL is.....geeeez

Last edited:
It doesn't end with the right to bear AK-47's, rapid fire sub machine guns either... does it?

You're right.. the citizenry at the time it was written, had the SAME WEAPONRY AVAILABLE TO THE MILITARY AT THE TIME

I would sooner have access to machine guns to law abiding citizens than taking away 20 shot clips and all the other crap being called for by the scaredy-cat left

Well why stop there?

Let us make available to the citizenry of today the 'SAME MODERN WEAPONRY AVAILABLE TO THE MILITARY AT THIS TIME'. Let the people have access to rocket propelled grenade launchers, bazookas, sniper rifles, anti-aircraft weaponry, mortars, land mines, personal laser-guided missile launchers, etc.

People already have access to sniper rifles.
Fail.
Your whole post is a fail. You dont understand guns. You don't understand the Constitution. You don't understand gun control. Why are you even posting here?

Poster #10 is asking the right question.....

...and he is exactly the opposite of 'the reliable Democrat voter.'

How nice. Another touchy-feely story for gun-nuts to consume. But of course the recently converted-brainwashed mother of three missed the entire point. President Obama is not trying to take your precious right to bear arms. The proof is in your hands and in your house... guns, at your disposal. It's called 'gun-control' stupid. And millions of Americans have that right too.

(CNN) -- I am the mother of three amazing children. Before having children, I was a firm believer that guns were dangerous. But I did nothing to educate myself about guns or gun safety. I feared the unknown and the danger guns seemed to possess.

But after 10 years, I now have a gun in my home. Listening to President Obama's news conference on Thursday marking 100 days after Sandy Hook, and the whole gun control debate, prompted me to get my viewpoint across.

Yea, and from "liberal agenda" CNN too! But that's not the point. The point is if you hate Obama enough, you can sell out your values. Fuckin' country of haters.

You're right.. the citizenry at the time it was written, had the SAME WEAPONRY AVAILABLE TO THE MILITARY AT THE TIME

I would sooner have access to machine guns to law abiding citizens than taking away 20 shot clips and all the other crap being called for by the scaredy-cat left

Well why stop there?

Let us make available to the citizenry of today the 'SAME MODERN WEAPONRY AVAILABLE TO THE MILITARY AT THIS TIME'. Let the people have access to rocket propelled grenade launchers, bazookas, sniper rifles, anti-aircraft weaponry, mortars, land mines, personal laser-guided missile launchers, etc.

Fail.
Your whole post is a fail. You dont understand guns. You don't understand the Constitution. You don't understand gun control. Why are you even posting here?

Agreed. The left just doesn't (and will never) get it. I can go to most any sporting goods store, buy a Remington 700, equip it with a good scope and do as much damage as anyone with a semi-auto AR15 and from much farther away - OR - I can use it to hunt deer and elk. My freezer is filled with Elk stew, venison steaks and burger.

Remington 700 Classic "Sniper Rifle".

I can take the 12 Guage Baretta Shotgun that I own, load it with .00 Buckshot and blow a man in half - OR - I can hunt duck, pheasant and quail, rabbits and squirrels.

My Sig-Sauer P-220 or my SA 1911 can be used to wreak havoc on the "masses" -OR- it can be used to rest at my bedside dreading the day that someone "might" enter my home with the intent of harming my family. They WILL carry that individual out of my house in a bag.

These panty-waist liberals usually aren't equipped with even a basic understanding of weapons, but they take up the cause because it's the "liberal" thing to do. Nothing like dreaming of a society of people completely dependent on "Obama" for their security, right?

If you ban the sale of certain types of guns, that is taking away your right to own guns.
It is not taking away the ones you do own, but it still is taking away law abiding citizens rights to own them in the future.
So it is taking away your guns if you can't buy one in the future.
Banning semi automatics and the amount of bullets, is not going to do anything at all, it's a touchy feel good type of law, that does absolutely nothing but harm law abiding citizens.

You have every right to not own firearms. One favor, though. Would you please post a sign outside of your home. I would hate for one of your local felons to get shot while breaking into an armed household.

Those things fall under the definition of Arms, so yeah... It did.

Well like with the issue of slavery there comes a point where our country needs to change the Constitution. Our founders recognized this, and gave us the power to change the Constitution.

Excellent point. Instead of democrats changing the Constitution because they feel like it, follow the procedure in the Constitution. Pass 2A repeal with a 2/3 majority of the ststed.

Any stories about gun lovers who changed their minds about guns in the home after a teen son killed himself with one of their guns or after a family argument, possibly fueled by alcohol, which escalated into gun violence?

I mean, it's not like those things don't happen every year, you know...in the thousands.

Any stories about gun lovers who changed their minds about guns in the home after a teen son killed himself with one of their guns or after a family argument, possibly fueled by alcohol, which escalated into gun violence?
I mean, it's not like those things don't happen every year, you know...in the thousands.
It doesn't.
1999-2010 there were an average of 914 gun-related suicide by people 19 and under.
Try again, chicken little.

WONDER Message

Last edited:

Well why stop there?

Fail.

It's for the "chilrun".

It doesn't.
1999-2010 there were an average of 914 gun-related suicide by people 19 and under.

WONDER Message

I gave more than one generic example. The truth is that people with guns account for many thousands of murders and suicides every year.

It doesn't.

WONDER Message

I gave more than one generic example. The truth is that people with guns account for many thousands of murders and suicides every year.

So do automobiles. Want to ban them, as well?? Didn't think so.....

Forum List

Back