From gun hater to NRA-loving mom

What’s really sort of 'nutty' (head scratching) is President Obama’s approach to gun-control.

Given the limited time and resources of someone like him, why the heck would he choose focus so heavily on “assault weapons” when they are responsible for less than 0.1% of all gun violence across the United States?

He doesn't give a fuck about gun violence. He cares about resistance effectiveness. Rifles of the semi-automatic variety are the most effective means of resisting tyranny. Thus it is rifles he seeks to ban.

Any stories about gun lovers who changed their minds about guns in the home after a teen son killed himself with one of their guns or after a family argument, possibly fueled by alcohol, which escalated into gun violence?

I mean, it's not like those things don't happen every year, you know...in the thousands.

No. I didn't change my mind.

I gave more than one generic example. The truth is that people with guns account for many thousands of murders and suicides every year.

So do automobiles. Want to ban them, as well?? Didn't think so.....

Yer silly.

Well, make up your mind....I'm offended by the senseless slaughter of drivers all over our country by drunks and just plain stupid drivers. Where are MY rights to have automobiles banned to save 55,000 people each year?

While we're at it, I'm also offended by the 1,300 people that drowned in buckets of water or bath tubs and feel that we should immediately put a STOP to those who bathe unsupervised! We should get the Feds involved to top the slaughter of the innocents! Oh, the humanity!!!!

You don't like the idea? What's good for the goose........is most certainly good for the gander. Why the hell are your "rights" any more important than mine??

Well why stop there?

Let us make available to the citizenry of today the 'SAME MODERN WEAPONRY AVAILABLE TO THE MILITARY AT THIS TIME'. Let the people have access to rocket propelled grenade launchers, bazookas, sniper rifles, anti-aircraft weaponry, mortars, land mines, personal laser-guided missile launchers, etc.

You are a leftist, ergo stupid.

The right to keep and BEAR arms.

If you can't bear it, you don't have the protection.

Oh, and sniper rifles? Seriously?

Even Fuckwad Feinstein made no suggestion of restricting bolt action .30-06 Springfield rifles.

So do automobiles. Want to ban them, as well?? Didn't think so.....

Yer silly.

Well, make up your mind....I'm offended by the senseless slaughter of drivers all over our country by drunks and just plain stupid drivers. Where are MY rights to have automobiles banned to save 55,000 people each year?

While we're at it, I'm also offended by the 1,300 people that drowned in buckets of water or bath tubs and feel that we should immediately put a STOP to those who bathe unsupervised! We should get the Feds involved to top the slaughter of the innocents! Oh, the humanity!!!!

You don't like the idea? What's good for the goose........is most certainly good for the gander. Why the hell are your "rights" any more important than mine??

Bath supervisor/life guard will become a civil service job... With a union.

Any stories about gun lovers who changed their minds about guns in the home after a teen son killed himself with one of their guns or after a family argument, possibly fueled by alcohol, which escalated into gun violence?

I mean, it's not like those things don't happen every year, you know...in the thousands.

Any stories about rope lovers who changed their minds about rope in the home after a teen son hanged himself with one of their ropes after a family argument, possibly fueled by alcohol, which escalated into suicide?

Standard Disclaimer: Gee you're dumb.

Yer silly.

:clap2:

No doubt......

:clap2:

No doubt......

And a Czar, no doubt.

It doesn't.
1999-2010 there were an average of 914 gun-related suicide by people 19 and under.
Try again, chicken little.

WONDER Message

I gave more than one generic example. The truth is that people with guns account for many thousands of murders and suicides every year.
:eusa_whistle:
Compare that number to the number of guns.
Define the problem using that %.

I've got an idea about why the Libs are going after "assault weapons"

Guns like the AR 15, while popular, are still owned by a very small number of people. Far more people own hunting rifles, varmint guns, shotguns and hand guns.
Banning all weapons, even just all hand guns, would be like raising taxes on the middle class; not too smart, if you plan on running for reelection, b ut you can go after scarry black guns for the same reason you can raise taxes on the top 1% of producers.
The number of votes lost is far outweighed by the votes gained.

Democrats know as well as Conservatives why we have as much gun violence as we do, but there is no way they are going to alienate their base and tell the truth.

Based on the degree of accuracy in the post, I gonna bet that you are an Obama voter....
...true?

".... one of their guns or after a family argument, possibly fueled by alcohol, which escalated into gun violence?.....every year, you know...in the thousands."

In 2010, unintentional firearm injuries caused the deaths of 606 people.
Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence ? Gun Law Information Experts

How nice. Another touchy-feely story for gun-nuts to consume. But of course the recently converted-brainwashed mother of three missed the entire point. President Obama is not trying to take your precious right to bear arms. The proof is in your hands and in your house... guns, at your disposal. It's called 'gun-control' stupid. And millions of Americans have that right too.

What’s really sort of 'nutty' (head scratching) is President Obama’s approach to gun-control.

Given the limited time and resources of someone like him, why the heck would he choose focus so heavily on “assault weapons” when they are responsible for less than 0.1% of all gun violence across the United States?

Because millions of Americans own them and he wants to confiscate those first.

Forum List

Back