Full speech: Pocahontas tells her life story, takes questions from Iowa audience

America has rejected coherency, react emotionally and chose one of the two lanes you are offered.

Oh bullshit! You've got a white college professor that jobbed the system for decades claiming to be a minority when she wasn't one...and is now whining about being called on it when she left academia and entered politics where opponents bring up things like that. Is the American Indian community guilty of reacting "emotionally" when they chastised Ms. Warren for what she did? They know that she's passed herself off as something that she's not and they grasp the concept that if a white woman is being held up to prove that a college is racially inclusive it means that a REAL American Indian didn't get that position!

Oh that's rich, now americans are concerned about the indigenous peoples we functionally genocided out of existence.

We all have all kinds of genetic mixtures in our genomes, you're a mutt as well. Go see.

Interesting...wasn't Elizabeth Warren taking the place of a REAL "indigenous" person who should have been teaching at Harvard if they really wanted to be inclusive? Isn't that in essence a form of workplace genocide? As for my racial makeup? I'm not claiming to be black...or Hispanic...or American Indian...for an advantage in my career.
Reread the post you're attempting to respond to.

Your point being what?

That Elizabeth Warren was not hired by any academic institituion based an a claim of native heritage. What you claim happened, did not in fact happen.

Ms. Warren has never received any economic or employment benefit by claiming native heritage. Harvard was NOT looking to hire a Native American teacher. They were hiring a law professor based on that person’s merits and was not aware of ancestry when they hired her.

As for my concern about people fraudulently claiming minority status in business and politics? Abuses like that are going to occur whenever you start having "quotas" instead of taking the most qualified candidates. Some overly ambitious people are going to cheat the system. Some downright lazy people are going to do the same thing to keep jobs they don't deserve. It's the penalty you pay for implementing "Affirmative Action".

So you're an anti-lazy crusader? OK. Who are the lazy?

LOL...I'm far from a "crusader" about people being lazy! It is what it is. Certain people will always cheat the system. People who aren't handicapped will find some way to get a handicapped placard for their car so they can park closer to where they're going. That's their nature. Some people will take advantage of their minority status. It's drawback to Affirmative Action because THOSE people will always call into question the very real accomplishments of minorities who worked hard and succeeded because of what they did rather than who they were!

It's obvious that in American academia at least...that YES...we are "concerned" about the same indigenous people that we nearly exterminated! It's also obvious that Elizabeth Warren used that concern to her advantage as a college professor passing herself off as an American Indian.

No she didn’t. Why don’t you check the facts instead of repeating this lie endlessly.

Ethnicity not a factor in Elizabeth Warren’s rise in law - The Boston Globe
then why did harvard law list her as "native american"? no benefit to it, so why list it?

Oh bullshit! You've got a white college professor that jobbed the system for decades claiming to be a minority when she wasn't one...and is now whining about being called on it when she left academia and entered politics where opponents bring up things like that. Is the American Indian community guilty of reacting "emotionally" when they chastised Ms. Warren for what she did? They know that she's passed herself off as something that she's not and they grasp the concept that if a white woman is being held up to prove that a college is racially inclusive it means that a REAL American Indian didn't get that position!

Oh that's rich, now americans are concerned about the indigenous peoples we functionally genocided out of existence.

We all have all kinds of genetic mixtures in our genomes, you're a mutt as well. Go see.

Interesting...wasn't Elizabeth Warren taking the place of a REAL "indigenous" person who should have been teaching at Harvard if they really wanted to be inclusive? Isn't that in essence a form of workplace genocide? As for my racial makeup? I'm not claiming to be black...or Hispanic...or American Indian...for an advantage in my career.
Reread the post you're attempting to respond to.

Your point being what?

That Elizabeth Warren was not hired by any academic institituion based an a claim of native heritage. What you claim happened, did not in fact happen.

Ms. Warren has never received any economic or employment benefit by claiming native heritage. Harvard was NOT looking to hire a Native American teacher. They were hiring a law professor based on that person’s merits and was not aware of ancestry when they hired her.

So when Harvard was putting Elizabeth Warren's name out there as an American Indian professor teaching at Harvard...you don't think that gave her status at the school? It's quite obvious that Harvard WAS aware of her supposed ancestry because they used her to refute claims that they didn't have enough minority faculty members!

As for my concern about people fraudulently claiming minority status in business and politics? Abuses like that are going to occur whenever you start having "quotas" instead of taking the most qualified candidates. Some overly ambitious people are going to cheat the system. Some downright lazy people are going to do the same thing to keep jobs they don't deserve. It's the penalty you pay for implementing "Affirmative Action".

LOL...I'm far from a "crusader" about people being lazy! It is what it is. Certain people will always cheat the system. People who aren't handicapped will find some way to get a handicapped placard for their car so they can park closer to where they're going. That's their nature. Some people will take advantage of their minority status. It's drawback to Affirmative Action because THOSE people will always call into question the very real accomplishments of minorities who worked hard and succeeded because of what they did rather than who they were!

You mean like Fred Trump buying a spot at Wharton so his stupid son could get an Ivy League education? What bright young student didn’t get into Wharton that year so Dumb Donnie could claim he was smart? That kind of cheating?

The kind of cheating that keeps America run by rich white men for and to the benefit of rich White men?

Was there free firewater for the attendees?
i would appreciate it if you see the video and comment on it. or not...

I would appreciate it if YOU would stop referring to Ms. Warren as "Pocohantas". It is such a demeaning and ignorant thing to do that it is impossible to discuss anything with someone who is so disrespectful to Native Americans. It is like calling her "******". Disgusting.

The name calling is getting old on both sides and is immature, from Trump to Clinton to Warren, it would be nice to see it end however neither side will support it.

You mean like Fred Trump buying a spot at Wharton so his stupid son could get an Ivy League education? What bright young student didn’t get into Wharton that year so Dumb Donnie could claim he was smart? That kind of cheating?

The kind of cheating that keeps America run by rich white men for and to the benefit of rich White men?

Calling Trump names is okay, calling Warren names is bad? Sounds like hypocrisy to me.

It's obvious that in American academia at least...that YES...we are "concerned" about the same indigenous people that we nearly exterminated! It's also obvious that Elizabeth Warren used that concern to her advantage as a college professor passing herself off as an American Indian.

No she didn’t. Why don’t you check the facts instead of repeating this lie endlessly.

My take after reading the Boston Globe article is that Elizabeth Warren's "ethnicity" changed when simply being a woman was no longer in and of itself an advantage to being hired. Quite frankly, Warren's claims that she changed her listing from "white" to "American Indian" as some sort of homage to her dying off matriarchal family members seems contrived. She needs a reason to explain that change. The reason she gives is that she seemed to feel that her "Indian" roots were dying off! So was it really that...or was it that just being a woman wasn't enough of a career benefit in academia and she saw that being an "American Indian" was going to be a real asset?

Don lost his bet and reneged, kinda his thing. That's why US banks haven't gone near him for decades.

And that does what? Allow Pocahontas to claim minority status when convenient?

That's not why she's under your skirt. Recall all the times Don boasted about abusing the system? Whine about both phony.

So, she's "under my skirt" because Don boasted? WTF kinda liberal logic is that?
Just observing your triggered state.
th

LOL, don't tell me your one of them intelligent liberals.

If he is, he needs to at least sound intelligent, so far he is a big fail in that regard.

If there was no benefit to anyone on calling herself a native American, why did she put it on her application and why did Harvard print it and proclaim it as true?

this cracks me up.

you're worried about name calling being offensive, then you go on your own tirade and it's ok cause it's YOUR feelz... so people should respect how you feel but you don't have to respect them.

that it?

this cracks me up.

you're worried about name calling being offensive, then you go on your own tirade and it's ok cause it's YOUR feelz... so people should respect how you feel but you don't have to respect them.

that it?

I'm not asking people to respect ME. I'm asking people to respect Native Americans.

this cracks me up.

that it?

I'm not asking people to respect ME. I'm asking people to respect Native Americans.
To late, 500 years or so. Besides, americans do not respect human beings, we respect concentrated wealth, property rights, the aristocracy and the belief systems we've been fed.

You left out cheap goods. Walmart is a huge success, not because they sell quality goods at a fair price. They are a success because they sell crap, for the cheapest price possible.

Most first world countries' citizens will pay more for locally made goods, knowing that the money made is going to support their friends and neighbours, but not Americans. American shop price first last and always.

Since the NAFTA2 agreement was reached, Canadians have been refusing to buy American milk. Stores are posting signs above their milk coolers "Locally Sourced". We do that because we want OUR dairy farmers to succeed. We don't want milk with anti-biotics and steroids to feed our children.

In other countries, we buy home made goods first. The best price isn't always the best deal. Smart countries know that. Americans don't get it.

Last edited:
You left out cheap goods. Walmart is a huge success, not because they sell quality goods at a fair price. They are a success because they sell crap, for the cheapest price possible.
And the fact that the public susidizes WalMart by providing welfare and food assistance to their underpaid employees.

this cracks me up.

that it?

why should 1 group be "auto-respected" when this country as we stand today thrives so much on across the board hate?

Most first world countries' citizens will pay more for locally made goods, knowing that the money made is going to support their friends and neighbours, but not Americans. American shop price first last and always.

Since the NAFTA2 agreement was reached, Canadians have been refusing to buy American milk. Stores are posting signs above their milk coolers "Locally Sourced". We do that because we want OUR dairy farmers to succeed. We don't want milk with anti-biotics and steroids to feed our children.

In other countries, we buy home made goods first. The best price isn't always the best deal. Smart countries know that. Americans don't get it.

What a crock! Ask anyone who lives near the border between the US and Canada and they'll tell you that people from both countries buy wherever the cheapest price is. When the exchange rate was favorable Canadians shopped at US stores right below the border...when it isn't then stores on the Canadian side thrive. Your claim of "moral superiority" for Canadians when it comes to buying locally made goods is a joke!

If you want to make it "illegal" for people with wealth to buy things for their children...be my guest, Dragonlady! That isn't cheating...it's using the fruit of your own labors to make the lives of your children better! That's done across ethnic lines...not just by "rich white men"!

Forum List

Back