Further proof a Gun Ban will NOT work

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Police identify officer, suspect involved in W. Ashley shooting - Live5News.com | Charleston, SC | News, Weather, Sports

Abovie is PROOF a gun ban wont work. Many of you will click on it, some wont. You'll expect it to be some grand, sweeping story, something epic with a big badass gun. Its not. Its something that is repeated almost every single day in America: A police officer encounters a dangerous man with a gun and is shot. A handgun.

The dirtbag who shot the cop has a lengthy rap sheet. He's out on bond for a February 2013 arrest for dealing heroine. He was already banned from owning a gun. He was banned from driving that car. Yet, he got one anyway.

An assault weapon ban would not have stopped him from getting that pistol.
An already existing ban on felons possession firearms didnt stop him from getting that pistol.
An already existing ban on felons possessing ammunition didnt stop him from loading that pistol.

Our country is flooded with guns and bullets. A ban or confiscation plan will never work.

And it is NOT the major headline grabbing national stories like Aurora or Newton that prove that. It is the smaller ones that usually dont go beyond local news. That every single day, people who are not supposed to have guns get guns anyway. And not assault rifles, but almost always pistols.

Thats the reality of this debate. A ban wont work. More mental health programs and hospitals will. Stricter gun laws will. JUDGES who actually put criminals in jail and KEEP them in jail will work.

FYI- the cop was hit in the vest and is fine now. Thank God. Shooter was caught and awaiting court....where a judge will probably give him another slap on the wrist, and he'll be out in a month, again, buying a gun from the blackmarket in violation of numerous already existing laws that ban him from doing so.

You know bucs, we need to get together for a beer someday... I get the feeling you and I are so far off on many issues...

Notice the focus by Obama and company isn't to go after the criminal but the average citizen.

I told everyone last year that this issue would be Obama's main theme. Nobody listened to me.

Yep, it's a criminal problem, not a gun problem. That's why I advocate an extreme position, three strikes and you're dead. As in dead within 10 days of the third felony conviction. If you're going to appeal a conviction it better be the first two, because for the third your only appeal will be for Gods mercy.

I don't need cops shot at to understand the common sense notion that a criminal will get a hold of a gun regardless of the number or type of laws that are passed restricting or banning them.

I don't need cops shot at to understand the common sense notion that a criminal will get a hold of a gun regardless of the number or type of laws that are passed restricting or banning them.

Yep, Mexico is a good case of this as they don't allow guns within the hands of the citizen. Well, Guess what 60k dead in 6 years.

What does that say about a ban?

Yep, it's a criminal problem, not a gun problem. That's why I advocate an extreme position, three strikes and you're dead. As in dead within 10 days of the third felony conviction. If you're going to appeal a conviction it better be the first two, because for the third your only appeal will be for Gods mercy.

On the 3rd felony is a bit extreme, as some stuff like just selling a little weed can be a felony. Although by the 3rd felony, stronger sentences should be considered.

Now, on the 3rd act of criminal violence with a gun?? Sure, I'd support that. You get convicted of criminally shooting at someone, a 3rd time? Yep. Bye bye.

You know bucs, we need to get together for a beer someday... I get the feeling you and I are so far off on many issues...

Ah. I see you listed Charleston as where you are from. So whats your take on all the damn crime around here? For a tourist mecca by the sea, we sure as hell have a lot of dumbasses and criminals. West Ashley used to be a nice family oriented area. Now its as bad or worse than North Charleston. Downtown has always been crazy. North Charleston...well, you know how that place is. And Im in Mount Pleasant, of all places, and the past 5 years we're seeing murders, rapes, robberies, shootings, drugs all over, it just doesnt get as much attention "West of the Cooper".

Charleston isn't a huge metro. Its what, 700,000 people metro area? 800,000 maybe? I know its a lot bigger when tourist season hits.

But we sure have way too much crime for a mid size metro.

Yep, Mexico is a good case of this as they don't allow guns within the hands of the citizen. Well, Guess what 60k dead in 6 years.

it certainly didnt help for the admin to hand out

thousands of firearms to the local criminal elements

Ah. I see you listed Charleston as where you are from. So whats your take on all the damn crime around here? For a tourist mecca by the sea, we sure as hell have a lot of dumbasses and criminals. West Ashley used to be a nice family oriented area. Now its as bad or worse than North Charleston. Downtown has always been crazy. North Charleston...well, you know how that place is. And Im in Mount Pleasant, of all places, and the past 5 years we're seeing murders, rapes, robberies, shootings, drugs all over, it just doesnt get as much attention "West of the Cooper".

Charleston isn't a huge metro. Its what, 700,000 people metro area? 800,000 maybe? I know its a lot bigger when tourist season hits.

But we sure have way too much crime for a mid size metro.

To be honest, I haven't been here long enough to really make a judgement, though there does seem to be an inordinate number of dumb-asses and criminals for a city of this size. Of course it doesn't strike me as too much different in that regard as Albuquerque, from whence I came.

I moved out here for work back in September, stayed over off of Rivers near the mall for a couple of months. When it came to finding a more permanent abode, just about the only advice I got was, "stay outside the Mark Clark." So I did, wound up in Hanahan, work out off of Clements Ferry (we're practically neighbors). Hardly a night goes by when the Mrs and I don't hear sirens, I imagine they're coming from th Rivers area because they're not in our neighborhood.

Thus far I have not felt unsafe in any of my travels, but I tend to stay home in the evening. Not out of fear, more of a lack of interest in any sort of night life. That happens at our age I suppose.

it certainly didnt help for the admin to hand out

thousands of firearms to the local criminal elements

A tiny percentage of the guns bought by straw men with no background checks or limits on number, thanks to the NRA, gun lobbyists and the GOP and their silly dupes.

BTW, the head of the ATF in charge of the gun walking said neither the Bush nor Obama administrations knew about it. Der, Pub dupes.

The last ban on assault weapon SALES showed it works, without taking anyone's guns. But this is obviously about background checks and strawmen.

On the 3rd felony is a bit extreme, as some stuff like just selling a little weed can be a felony. Although by the 3rd felony, stronger sentences should be considered.

Now, on the 3rd act of criminal violence with a gun?? Sure, I'd support that. You get convicted of criminally shooting at someone, a 3rd time? Yep. Bye bye.

Screw'em if they blow 3 chances to prove they can be civilized law abiding people, then we put them out of societies misery. You would prefer to give them 3 free chances to kill someone, really?

Further proof a Gun Ban will NOT work

Who said it would? Who's trying to ban guns?

I guess you missed the attempt to add an assault weapon BAN in the Senate?

No, I didn't miss it. They were banned before and my gun fun was as good as ever. What's the problem? I don't have a Rambo complex. Even Sylvester "Rambo" Stallone thinks assault weapons should be banned.

Forum List

Back