Gallup: Obama Losing Independent Support

Now the guy can't manufacture a decent argument so he neg reps me. :cuckoo: What are you 12 years old?
thats what the rep system is about, moron, you made a stupid post, so i neg repped
btw, bitching about a neg rep is a fucking pussy thing to do
grow up

Rassmusen polling has been questionable for awhile now. Really? Where? eal

Real Clear is very scientific polling which includes your examples of credible polling, gallup and Rassmusen in poll averaging. Bit disingenuous here, not just Rasmussen and Gallup, no?

Sinatra really doesn't have a clue about reading polls. Cherry picking seems to be his strategy.
Like you do? Or maybe you DO and are purposefully being disingenuous?

Now the guy can't manufacture a decent argument so he neg reps me. :cuckoo: What are you 12 years old?
thats what the rep system is about, moron, you made a stupid post, so i neg repped
grow up

Why is it a pussy thing to do, because you're embarrassed that it's what you do in lieu of good discussion and argument?

I've ignored your bitter and hateful comments everytime you see my username because I really and truly don't care about you. You have some vendetta that you've conjured up in your brain from back when. It's your problem though. Seek help.

grow up

Why is it a pussy thing to do, because you're embarrassed that it's what you do in lieu of good discussion and argument?

I've ignored your bitter and hateful comments everytime you see my username because I really and truly don't care about you. You have some vendetta that you've conjured up in your brain from back when. It's your problem though. Seek help.
where did i ever say i was embarrassed?
i didnt, you fucking moron
i dont bother to make debates points once i've determined you are a fucking moron, it would be a waste of my time
you did that a long time ago

Well see..... Here's the thing.... There was a gross hyperbole on your part, which, after being called on it, you're attempting to recover from it. And why continue, has been pointed out very soon after:

Recover? :lol: Obama is down a point or two after six months of hard work attempting to recover from a failed Bush presidency and your Rs throw threads like this one around everyday.

You can only wish he was as bad as your guys.

I had better go now and lick my wounds now from that thrashing you gave me..

It appears common for you to state things that are completely untrue.

In late January, Gallup had Obama polling at nearly 70%. As recently as May 2nd he was at 68%.

Obama is now at 57%.

Use your fingers if you must, and you will (hopefully) come to the realization that such a drop in approval is both pronounced, sudden, far greater than a point or two, and indicative of a considerable downward spiral that could result in a one-term president - and all this despite continued soft gloved treatment from most of the media.

Your boy is hurtin' a bit these days...

Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

Must be that new math...... :lol:

Oh, and Sarah, apparently your comprehension of "attemting to recover" needs a bit of work as well. Maybe tap-dancing works better for ya.

Rassmusen polling has been questionable for awhile now.

Real Clear is very scientific polling which includes your examples of credible polling, gallup and Rassmusen in poll averaging.

Sinatra really doesn't have a clue about reading polls. Cherry picking seems to be his strategy.

Speaking of not having a clue.... LMAO!

Real Clear is very scientific polling which includes your examples of credible polling, gallup and Rassmusen in poll averaging.

Really? What did they get way wrong?

What did who get way wrong, Annie?

I believe she asked you.

more proof to support my opinion of you

Almost good diversion. Expected more direct from the likes of you.

On this issue, one can argue that the Rasmussen polls are more relevant because Gallup polls everyone, even if they are not registered to vote, and Rasmussen only polls likely voters. Real Clear Politics does not poll anyone, but merely averages the results of the latest six polls by various organizations to come up with their RCP average.

The latest RCP average shows Obama's approval rating is down to 58.7%, the latest Gallup poll shows it down to 57% from 64% at the beginning of the month, and the latest Rasmussen poll of likely voters shows it down to 53% from 58% at the beginning of the month. So among the general public, as determined by Gallup, Obama's approval rating has dropped 7% since the beginning of the month, and as determined by Rasmussen, it has dropped 5% among likely voters since the beginning of the month.

Still more interesting are his disapproval ratings. According to Gallup, his disapproval ratings have increased from 30% to 35% among the general public since the beginning of the month, and according to Rasmussen his disapproval ratings among likely voters have risen from 41% to 46% since the beginning of the month. So his approval% minus disapproval% has fallen from +34% to +22% among the general public since the beginning of the month and from +17% to +7% among likely voters since the beginning of the month.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

Last edited:

On this issue, one can argue that the Rasmussen polls are more relevant because Gallup polls everyone, even if they are not registered to vote, and Rasmussen only polls likely voters. Real Clear Politics does not poll anyone, but merely averages the results of the latest six polls by various organizations to come up with their RCP average.

The latest RCP average shows Obama's approval rating is down to 58.7%, the latest Gallup poll shows it down to 57% from 64% at the beginning of the month, and the latest Rasmussen poll of likely voters shows it down to 53% from 58% at the beginning of the month. So among the general public, as determined by Gallup, Obama's approval rating has dropped 7% since the beginning of the month, and as determined by Rasmussen, it has dropped 5% since the beginning of the month.

Still more interesting are his disapproval ratings. According to Gallup, his disapproval ratings have increased from 30% to 35% among the general public since the beginning of the month, and according to Rasmussen his disapproval ratings among likely voters have risen from 41% to 46% since the beginning of the month. So his approval% minus disapproval% has fallen from +34% to +22% among the general public since the beginning of the month and from +17% to +7% among likely voters since the beginning of the month.

You did the summation I was too bored to do. Thanks.

Ok.. :lol:

You repubs are a little defensive today. I'm asking who is the they you are asking me about? I'll answer as best I can but the question is a little vague.

Rasmussen is a questionable polling source because they use a forced choice question format. I think they are manipulative, enough to show results that are always so different from all the others. I'm talking 5-7 point differences.

I know you are a Republican but did you ever ask yourself why they are always so different?

The latest RCP average shows Obama's approval rating is down to 58.7%, the latest Gallup poll shows it down to 57% from 64% at the beginning of the month, and the latest Rasmussen poll of likely voters shows it down to 53% from 58% at the beginning of the month. So among the general public, as determined by Gallup, Obama's approval rating has dropped 7% since the beginning of the month, and as determined by Rasmussen, it has dropped 5% since the beginning of the month.

You did the summation I was too bored to do. Thanks.

Always a pleasure.

You repubs are a little defensive today. I'm asking who is the they you are asking me about? I'll answer as best I can but the question is a little vague.

Rasmussen is a questionable polling source because they use a forced choice question format. I think they are manipulative, enough to show results that are always so different from all the others. I'm talking 5-7 point differences.

I know you are a Republican but did you ever ask yourself why they are always so different?

Well, seems that when reads the methodology, one finds the answers. But you knew that, right?

Gallup polls everyone, even if they are not registered to vote, and Rasmussen polls only likely voters, and since those who intend to vote can reasonably be presumed to make more of an effort to be informed, the difference between the Rasmussen and Gallup polls would seem to suggest that the more people know about Obama, the less they like him.

Well, seems that when reads the methodology, one finds the answers. But you knew that, right?

The methodology for each pollster is spelled out in every poll that RCP posts. What is curious is that Rs are always posting Rasmussen polling to make some sort of point about Obama's JAR.

The Real Clear averaging is a more trusted source than cherry picking these polls. That's all I'm saying.

Forum List

Back