Walking in the morning while being black.

Even if the man had outstanding warrants how would the cop know?

Should cops stop, and ID every person they see walking on the street with a child?

They work the streets. If they guy is a repeat offender they may recognize him. We don’t know.

Maybe they saw him with tools? He stashed them when he saw the cops. You don’t know. The Police have intuition also. They have decades listening to 90% BS outs criminals, I tend to think Police aren’t looking to beat up on innocents. Why? What’s in it for them? Jail time?

No. Only because he refused to show ID. The moment you resist, interfere with or fail to follow a lawful order of a LEO you lose all right to expect to be treated with ABY amount of respect or deference in my mind.

Dumb thing to do. Especially with the kid there.
He said he didn't have his id with him.

They work the streets. If they guy is a repeat offender they may recognize him. We don’t know.
So they recognise him and need him to ID himself?
Maybe they saw him with tools? He stashed them when he saw the cops. You don’t know. The Police have intuition also. They have decades listening to 90% BS outs criminals, I tend to think Police aren’t looking to beat up on innocents. Why? What’s in it for them? Jail time?
The cops literally says he’s arresting him because he wouldnt identify himself.

He said he didn't have his id with him
Then he should have been arrested as a vagrant and held until his identity could be established.

By law in MA and CT you must have an ID and a minimum of $5 (cash or credit) if you are in public or you’re a vagrant.

An ex-roommate (and total imbecile) got caught up in this many years ago while out walking his dog. His father-in-law had to leave work to identify him at the police station.

It does seem suspicious for someone to be walking around in the early morning with a kid unless he is being ushered to school, and for all the cop knew the man could have been kidnapping the boy. The cop never asked the guy where he lived and that could make the difference between suspicious activity and a morning stroll, IMO.

Then he should have been arrested as a vagrant and held until his identity could be established.

By law in MA and CT you must have an ID and a minimum of $5 (cash or credit) if you are in public or you’re a vagrant.

An ex-roommate (and total imbecile) got caught up in this many years ago while out walking his dog. His father-in-law had to leave work to identify him at the police station.
Not the law in Oklahoma

It was excessive but the man talked his way into arrest by telling the cop he did not have to show Id when he should have just kept his mouth shut
The man was right. He did NOT have to show any ID. And advising the officer of that FACT shouldn’t have led to the officer’s subsequent conduct.

Man on an early morning walk with his son......

You're supposed to think in binary terms.

As a Trump supporter who is staunchly opposed to "Defund the Police" you must NEVER point out any misbehavior on the part of the police.

That way IM2 isn't sending you private flirtation messages at 2AM when he realizes....

Eeerrrr...nevermind.

Just get back in your ideological box.

Bigot. ;)

So they recognise him and need him to ID himself?
Uh, trying to trip him up. They don’t have to lay out all the cards upfront. They may know more than that?
The cops literally says he’s arresting him because he wouldnt identify himself.
That is not great for Police if OINKLAHOMA is as the board says. But he also did not answer DOB + name. The whole thing is suspicious. All criminals with warrants say, no ID. Give wrong name. All lie 100% of the time. Police can tell mostly. Something is up in this one.

Why would Police go risk job, pension etc. to harrass an innocent early morning walker? What’s in it for them? Paperwork? Trouble?

‘Merica! Shit hole red state violating civil rights. That’s the future of Project 2025.

‘Merica! Shit hole red state violating civil rights.

Has anyone ever told you you're an embarrassing stereotype?

As a former Democrat voter who still has family members mesmerized by all the bullshit - I know that of which I speak.

Has anyone ever told you you're an embarrassing stereotype?

As a former Democrat voter who still has family members mesmerized by all the bullshit - I know that of which I speak.
You approve of this red state action violating civil rights?

Uh, trying to trip him up. They don’t have to lay out all the cards upfront. They may know more than that?
So they know him but somehow he doesn’t know them? Give me a break.
That is not great for Police if OINKLAHOMA is as the board says. But he also did not answer DOB + name. The whole thing is suspicious. All criminals with warrants say, no ID. Give wrong name. All lie 100% of the time. Police can tell mostly. Something is up in this one.
HES NOT REQUIRED TO! Why is that so hard for you to wrap your head around. Cops don’t have unlimited authority to demand things of citizens. And I dint give a shit what they think they might be able to tell. They were wrong.
Why would Police go risk job, pension etc. to harrass an innocent early morning walker? What’s in it for them? Paperwork? Trouble?
This particular cop was angry that the citizen didn’t do as he was told and he was going show him who was in charge. He’s a bad cop.

That literally happens all the time. Snitches, pictures, station talk. police on lookout for scofflaws. They may have seen him around over years while scouting other perps? He isn’t going to remember them unless they arrested him. Maybe we’ll find out.

HES NOT REQUIRED TO! Why is that so hard for you to wrap your head around. Cops don’t have unlimited authority to demand things of citizens. And I dint give a shit what they think they might be able to tell. They were wrong.

This particular cop was angry that the citizen didn’t do as he was told and he was going show him who was in charge. He’s a bad cop.

Got it. You think they went on a power trip angry he won’t show ID. Risking Job and Pension over a regular citizen? Maybe we’ll find out? But that seems pretty much ridiculous, stupid and unlikely. Two cops there right?

But the reason for arrest may cause anything else thrown out? If as you say, not required to say name or DOB? is that covered under I don’t have to show ID?

Last edited:
Huh? It’s in his favor if it’s an alley rather than skulking thru a Storage yard IMVHO. Everyone keeps saying storage. Yes, at the beginning looked storage….but where he was stopped had all sorts of trash cans or recycle bins. Do Storage centers let you store garbage? Dont make me review it again?

Yeah I jumped the gun, not blaming the Police. They may know more. Why is everyone an uncooperative dic? Just answer. Not I don’t know my Name or DOB, I dont have to show you.
If I font have a record and am simply jogging atv3 am it's nobody's business but mine. I don't have to hive my ID. I'm not going to be nice. I'm hoingbto give a very very hard time.

If I font have a record and am simply jogging atv3 am it's nobody's business but mine. I don't have to hive my ID. I'm not going to be nice. I'm hoingbto give a very very hard time.

Um.

1722735668490.png

Forum List

Back