Garrison Keillor on the 1st Biden/Trump Debate June 2024

Procrustes Stretched

Dante's Manifesto
Dec 1, 2008
Garrison starts off with:

The debate was a joke, a cruel joke. Trump was the drunk in the corner saloon, sailing on vodka martinis, and Biden was a serious man attempting to frame an argument in response to unreality and in so doing he searched for the right words, as any normal person would, and so the journalists said, “TRUMP SHOWS ENERGY, BIDEN APPEARS HESITANT,” and suddenly working reporters gauge the popular mood and see Trump winning the night. This is silliness. “I am the greatest,” is a boxer’s brag. It’s nothing a president would ever say, it is unhinged. Muhammad Ali said it but he had to actually get in the ring and hit a man and be hit by him, risk having his brains scrambled, he couldn’t just raise a half-billion from friends to make himself famous even among ferrets and armadillos.

It's lighthearted reading. Please respect the forum.

The column: It's an opinion. Garrison is a well known radio personality, humorist, voice actor, author, and singer. He's well respected by most, admired by many, and accomplished hi his chosen field(s).

Ahh, the Manchester Union Leader has me immediately thinking of William Loeb III. If you do not know of either, I must question your knowledge of politics in America.

The debate was a joke, a cruel joke. Trump was the drunk in the corner saloon, sailing on vodka martinis, and Biden was a serious man attempting to frame an argument in response to unreality and in so doing he searched for the right words, as any normal person would, and so the journalists said, “TRUMP SHOWS ENERGY, BIDEN APPEARS HESITANT,” and suddenly working reporters gauge the popular mood and see Trump winning the night. This is silliness. “I am the greatest,” is a boxer’s brag. It’s nothing a president would ever say, it is unhinged. Muhammad Ali said it but he had to actually get in the ring and hit a man and be hit by him, risk having his brains scrambled, he couldn’t just raise a half-billion from friends to make himself famous even among ferrets and armadillos.

The column: It's an opinion. Garrison is a well known radio personality, humorist, voice actor, author, and singer. He's well respected by most, admired by many, and accomplished hi his chosen field(s).

Ahh, the Manchester Union Leader has me immediately thinking of William Loeb III. If you do not know of either, I must question your knowledge of politics in America.

Just another Dimtard with blinders on.

So you refute nothing and pretend to speak for the Midwest. Okay, but again, one more member unable to respect the forum.

I liked Keillor when I was still a left leaner. I grew up and got over someone whose "literature" is just about whining over how his parents raised him. He's an adult, at least chronologically. He needs to get over the whiny shit.

Same advice that pertains to every leftist.

The Prairie Home Companion guy? Is that the best the left can do these days?

Like I said, a lot of his stuff was nostalgic to anyone who grew up leftist in my part of the country -- we recognized a lot of our own roots. But once we grew up, we realized that it was time to be responsible and stop blaming our parents and our culture, and Keillor just became a yawn.

I didn't know he was still alive.

Seems to be Biden's base...people who may or may not be alive.

Forum List

Back