Gas, groceries.....the ballooning dollar

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
It's an irrefutable number statement.

Screenshot_20220503-074918_Samsung Internet.jpg

I can't seem to get out of the grocery store these days for under a hundred bucks.

Okay, that's a lie. I picked up some essentials the other day and the total was $97.82, and there was still a lot of stuff I didn't buy...

I can't seem to get out of the grocery store these days for under a hundred bucks.

Okay, that's a lie. I picked up some essentials the other day and the total was $97.82, and there was still a lot of stuff I didn't buy...
It's absurd.

Give it another year.

You will be forced to downgrade your diet either due to cost, or availability.

It's just gon get better, and better!

Then we are gonna get a great big fuckin war.

YAY! WASHINGTON!

Biden is a tool of Uncle Pootie here. With the way prices are going up, Americans are being forced to switch to Russia's Crown Russe and Nikolai for their vodka needs instead of buying expensive Swedish or Canadian hooch.

It's absurd.

Give it another year.

You will be forced to downgrade your diet either due to cost, or availability.

It's just gon get better, and better!

Then we are gonna get a great big fuckin war.

YAY! WASHINGTON!

Well, I could go to the Navy commissary up at NAS Jacksonville, but that's over an hour round trip. Plus, you have to be strategic about it and avoid going around the 1st or the 15th of the month. Those are military paydays, and the commissary is packed.

I might just have to start doing that, though. The prices really are a LOT lower. A package of English muffins will cost me $4.69 at Publix. That same product is $1.89 at the commissary...

That's the key...just don't buy it.

Well, I could go to the Navy commissary up at NAS Jacksonville, but that's over an hour round trip. Plus, you have to be strategic about it and avoid going around the 1st or the 15th of the month. Those are military paydays, and the commissary is packed.

I might just have to start doing that, though. The prices really are a LOT lower. A package of English muffins will cost me $4.69 at Publix. That same product is $1.89 at the commissary...
Yeah, being retired AF I tend to avoid the base myself. I used to go for booze runs if in the area, but being on the wagon...
As long as they keep sending those checks we're GTG...lol!

Don't you mean upgrade your diet to cheaper, healthier foods? ;)
Healthier foods are not cheaper.

That is why poor people are so fat.

Aspartame, and Cheap sucrose filled shit.

HOWEVER...I have found that Keto tends to be.

Fat satiates so I eat much less.

Unprocessed foods are generally cheaper and healthier. Eating healthy for most is simply eating less. You can reduce food costs by eating less of the same foods as well.

Poor people are fat because they overeat. You can get fat on quality foods if you overeat.
Yes...processed, sucrose filled shit. Combined with a modern technological society that inhibits activity.

Most food is processed, most processed foods contain preservatives, and cheap additives.

These additives generate dopamine spikes, and thus cravings for more.

Fat is good. :p
It is the key...no sugar...zero simple carbs...very low carbs.

This is how man lived for many millennia.

Such articles are very subjective and always lack the fundamentals of good health.

What's on the plate is the art of eating.
Once in your mouth it's all science.

Last edited:
Healthier foods are not cheaper.

That is why poor people are so fat.

Aspartame, and Cheap sucrose filled shit.

HOWEVER...I have found that Keto tends to be.

Fat satiates so I eat much less.
Keto isn't always cheaper either. Price a loaf of Keto bread sometime. About 3 times a non-keto loaf.

Keto isn't always cheaper either. Price a loaf of Keto bread sometime. About 3 times a non-keto loaf.
I don't eat bread.
However, anytime you buy specific 'Keto' labeled specialty items they will be more expensive.
Any specialty item will always cost more no matter your diet.
What I meant was I actually consume less food in a day.
Fat goes very far.

Forum List

Back