Gay Blood Ban?... Yes, they are 60 TIMES More Likely to have HIV

And a VERY good argument why Gays should be banned from the military.

How exactly is this a good argument to ban gays from the Military?

I don't remember the ability to give blood being a prerequisite to serve.

Or are you convinced that just having gay men in the military would have been the deciding factor between military personnel like you being gay or straight?

Are you afraid knowing the guy next to you was gay would have been too much of a temptation for you?

One must be able to give blood while in the military, you never know when you will need more blood due to mission needs and requirements. Further one must be disease free to be deplorable. Gays are known to have more problems with disease due to their chosen life style and sexual conduct.

Being disease free is a prerequisite for being deplorable? :doubt: :lol:

How deplorable of you to think so! :eek:

any guy or gal stationed or visiting the united kingdom during the 80's due to mad cow can not donate blood, any guy that was with a hooker or iv user can not donate blood...anyone promiscuous is ruled out as a donatee.

aids
hepatitis
madcow

although there are tests that are run on the donated blood units for HIV and hepatitis, syphilis, there is not a test that can be run on blood units for madcow disease.

this has been the rule since the 80's....I worked in a blood bank for a couple of years.

"The FDA, explaining the current policy, points out that men who have had sex with men since 1977 have an HIV prevalence that’s 60 times higher than the general population. The agency contends its first obligation is to ensure the safety of the blood supply."

Ban on gay blood donors revisited - AIDS- msnbc.com

It's not Bias, Bigotry, Hatred or Homophobia... It's simply a Statistical Fact and a Good Call by the FDA when they keep it the way it is...

It's NOT Worth the Risk to the Blood Supply for 2 or 3% of the Population to be Allowed to Donate with that Infection Rate.

Concerning thing is, they don't have to say they are Homosexual at all and then they can just Donate anyway.

:)

peace...

Is this really a issue now in the industrialized world. I know there is a homosexual plot to infect every man, woman and child in America. Do you really think they would give tainted blood to someone?

Addicts do it get Money...

(2) Top New HIV Infection Categories in the US?...

Homosexual Men... Homosexual Men who use IV Drugs.

It's the FDA's Argument... Why get Angry with the Observer? :lol:

peace...

Or are you convinced that just having gay men in the military would have been the deciding factor between military personnel like you being gay or straight?

Are you afraid knowing the guy next to you was gay would have been too much of a temptation for you?

One must be able to give blood while in the military, you never know when you will need more blood due to mission needs and requirements. Further one must be disease free to be deplorable. Gays are known to have more problems with disease due to their chosen life style and sexual conduct.

With regard to HIV, they are 60 Times More Likely...

NOT Worth the Risk to the Supply.

peace...

for 25 plus years gays have not been donating blood in this country, why is this so shocking?

for 25 plus years gays have not been donating blood in this country, why is this so shocking?

Who said it was Shocking?... The FDA's Policy is up for Review and it should continue as it is.

peace...

And we are AIDS (among other things) tested every year....and if I remember correctly, there was JUST AS MUCH (if not more) danger of picking up HIV from prostitutes, particularly in the Far East. The first sailor in my command to come up positive was married and had come back from a 7th Fleet tour just 3 months prior. Maybe those who might sleep around should not be allowed in the military too. (Of course, then we'd have a recruitment problem)

any guy or gal stationed or visiting the united kingdom during the 80's due to mad cow can not donate blood, any guy that was with a hooker or iv user can not donate blood...anyone promiscuous is ruled out as a donatee.

aids
hepatitis
madcow

although there are tests that are run on the donated blood units for HIV and hepatitis, syphilis, there is not a test that can be run on blood units for madcow disease.

this has been the rule since the 80's....I worked in a blood bank for a couple of years.

And anyone who was in Africa, even if for 24 hours can't give blood. That happened to my wife when her squadron had a 24 hour stop over in Dakar, Senegal, about 10 years ago.

"The FDA, explaining the current policy, points out that men who have had sex with men since 1977 have an HIV prevalence that’s 60 times higher than the general population. The agency contends its first obligation is to ensure the safety of the blood supply."

It's not Bias, Bigotry, Hatred or Homophobia... It's simply a Statistical Fact and a Good Call by the FDA when they keep it the way it is...

It's NOT Worth the Risk to the Blood Supply for 2 or 3% of the Population to be Allowed to Donate with that Infection Rate.

Concerning thing is, they don't have to say they are Homosexual at all and then they can just Donate anyway.

peace...

No, it's not.

Every time I gave blood while on active duty they also tested it for HIV. I'm pretty sure they would catch any tainted blood.

Once, when I was in the hospital for some surgery and I needed blood, a friend of mine who is gay came in and donated some blood for me. I ended up getting his pint of blood and it worked out pretty well except for about a month, I had strange desires to hang around with guys.

And we are AIDS (among other things) tested every year....and if I remember correctly, there was JUST AS MUCH (if not more) danger of picking up HIV from prostitutes, particularly in the Far East. The first sailor in my command to come up positive was married and had come back from a 7th Fleet tour just 3 months prior. Maybe those who might sleep around should not be allowed in the military too. (Of course, then we'd have a recruitment problem)

There isn't even a Question about it...

The EASIEST and Most Prevelent Transmission of HIV in the First World is Men who have Sex with Men... Followed by MSM/IV Drug... Followed by IV Drug... Followed by Heterosexuals who have Sex with High Risk Partners, top of that High Risk Partner List is?... Yep, MSM.... Then MSM/IV Drug...

Been this way for 30 years and Homosexual Men have yet again another Increasing Rate of New HIV Infections and continue to Dominate ALL HIV/AIDS Data.

After 30 Years, being Educated and in the First World, you'd think they'd Learn.

Hell, the Relatively Animalistic and Uneducated Poor in the Third World have Learned to Curb it better.

peace...

peace...

No, it's not.

Every time I gave blood while on active duty they also tested it for HIV. I'm pretty sure they would catch any tainted blood.

yes, they can test for HIV, but part of the reason for screening people at risk out, is that preparing the blood units, in to red blood cells and plasma, and even the tests run on the blood units, puts the Lab Techs and Med Techs at risk...tube-lets on each blood unit are there for testing and the techs that handle this are at risk of blood splatter when cutting them opened....if you have any opened wound, or it splashes in your eye. the screening out of people before donating, reduces this risk and reduces mistakes that can happen.

There isn't even a Question about it...

The EASIEST and Most Prevelent Transmission of HIV in the First World is Men who have Sex with Men... Followed by MSM/IV Drug... Followed by IV Drug... Followed by Heterosexuals who have Sex with High Risk Partners, top of that High Risk Partner List is?... Yep, MSM.... Then MSM/IV Drug...

Been this way for 30 years and Homosexual Men have yet again another Increasing Rate of New HIV Infections and continue to Dominate ALL HIV/AIDS Data.

After 30 Years, being Educated and in the First World, you'd think they'd Learn.

Hell, the Relatively Animalistic and Uneducated Poor in the Third World have Learned to Curb it better.

peace...

As group, gay males run a much greater risk of getting AIDS. This is common knowledge. What your point is, I have no idea.

Gay Blood Ban?... Yes, they are 60 TIMES More Likely to have HIV

No shit sherlock!

You just now figuring that out?

No, it's not.

yes, they can test for HIV, but part of the reason for screening people at risk out, is that preparing the blood units, in to red blood cells and plasma, and even the tests run on the blood units, puts the Lab Techs and Med Techs at risk...tube-lets on each blood unit are there for testing and the techs that handle this are at risk of blood splatter when cutting them opened....if you have any opened wound, or it splashes in your eye. the screening out of people before donating, reduces this risk and reduces mistakes that can happen.

Good points. I don't know how civilian blood banks or the red cross operates with their testing but I am positive they test all blood donated in the military for HIV and I would reject any argument made that this would be reason to keep the gays out of the uniform.

No, it's not.

Good points. I don't know how civilian blood banks or the red cross operates with their testing but I am positive they test all blood donated in the military for HIV and I would reject any argument made that this would be reason to keep the gays out of the uniform.

Captain's Mast! Where you been?

Captain's Mast! Where you been?

Reality.

:eusa_angel:

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
Women who had a bad reputation in high school are also banned from giving blood.

The number of women that get aids is dramatically lower than gay men that contract it. That is a fact now and always has been.

Forum List

Back