Gay marriage ruling seen by Polygamists as opening door

Thanks for that, Pb. :thup:

I think that marriage is just that... marriage. And same-sex marriages will soon join the statistical ranks of traditional marriages with all the inherent legal and societal ramifications of divorce, child custody, separate maintenance, single-parent households, "fatherless" and "motherless" children, etc. etc.

The DOMA repeal isn't necessarily a "threat", but a dilution of long-held traditional mores that are more attune to the natural order of things. Homosexuality is hardly a new phenomenon. It's legal blending into the whole of society is.

Well what do you think the % is?

Say what?

Following me around the board calling me names isn't really participating in any dicussion.

No one talked about traditional marriage in our discussion. It's just complete irrational to argue that changing the definiition to include same sex relationships isn't going to lead polygamy. Especially when the polygamists are using the same arguments.
if thats the excuse you need to run with. " you didnt use a word"
This is why you are a joke.

Your inability to read isn't an excuse. It's just a fact.

I know you seem to think im somehow hurt by your insults, but Im not. It's absolutely childish to think I would be.

Delude yourself all you want PB. You wouldnt be going after me as much as you are if you didn't feel threatened by what I write. But there is no need for that. There is always hope for you.

lol your ego must be huge...no it is...

Thanks for that, Pb. :thup:

I think that marriage is just that... marriage. And same-sex marriages will soon join the statistical ranks of traditional marriages with all the inherent legal and societal ramifications of divorce, child custody, separate maintenance, single-parent households, "fatherless" and "motherless" children, etc. etc.

The DOMA repeal isn't necessarily a "threat", but a dilution of long-held traditional mores that are more attune to the natural order of things. Homosexuality is hardly a new phenomenon. It's legal blending into the whole of society is.

Well what do you think the % is?

Say what?

divorce rate

There is no discrimination against polygamy or those who want to be polygamists. Polygamy is illegal for everyone, so there is no discrimination. Pedophiles marrying or legally having a sexual relationship with a minor is not possible legally because a minor cannot give consent. The arguments some are making that allowing gay marriage will lead to all sorts of horrors are just stupid and being spewed by a bunch of homophobic whiners.

Correct.

The notion that the DOMA ruling will lead to ‘legalizing’ polygamy is demagoguery and ignorant nonsense.

Legalizing same sex "marriage" will lead to legalizing polygamy. There is no rational justification for it not leading to it. DOMA being overturned is completely irrelevant. It's just a step that certain groups are taking to try to force the redefinition of marriage over the entire nation.

If you are going to call it marriage, which it's not. but if you are going to call it marriage there is no reason not to extend benefits.

Why we allow the government to extend benefits to people and interfer in their lives is beyond me. Why you guys want the government regulating same sex marriage is beyond me as well. If anything we should be getting government less involved in all marriages.

You’re wrong, angry, and attempting to cloud the issue.

The Windsor and Perry rulings have clearly offended your subjective religious beliefs. You’re lashing out with bind emotion.

But that’s not justification for you to attempt to deny same-sex couples their equal protection rights.

Your failed and subjective arguments having lost in the courts, you now engage in demagoguery in an attempt to play on the fears of others by raising the specter of ‘polygamy.’

This effort will fail, as did your efforts in court fail.

Polygamy should have been legalized before gay marriage. It is a natural phenomenon that occurs in a state of nature. Think of the single bull and all his cows. The alpha male primate, etc. Polygamy is natural. Gaydom is not.

Not that is matters about which it natural though, neither harms other people.

Anyway, even if you don't legally grant them a marriage, nothing will stop all those women from living with their one man, not even the law. So why is it an issue to begin with?

Last edited:
if thats the excuse you need to run with. " you didnt use a word"
This is why you are a joke.

Your inability to read isn't an excuse. It's just a fact.

I know you seem to think im somehow hurt by your insults, but Im not. It's absolutely childish to think I would be.

Delude yourself all you want PB. You wouldnt be going after me as much as you are if you didn't feel threatened by what I write. But there is no need for that. There is always hope for you.

lol your ego must be huge...no it is...

My ego is huge. Pride has always been one of my biggest weaknesses. Perhaps you have been put in my path to help humble me a bit. Thank you.

I know I haven't always treated you well. And you may not believe it, but I love you as a brother. I may not always show it. It's very easy to get caught up in the heat of the moment. But I do. I have no desire to see anything bad happen to you. Quite the opposite.

Please forgive me of being rude. I will try to be better.

In every state in the union there are age requirements for marriage. In every state there is a requirement that you not be married to someone else. In every state the law requires that the marriage is consensual - that means you have to be of sound mind and judgement - and of legal contractual age.

I fail to see why anyone would be worried that polygamists and pedophiles are going to suddenly manage to marry legally.

There is no discrimination against polygamy or those who want to be polygamists. Polygamy is illegal for everyone, so there is no discrimination. Pedophiles marrying or legally having a sexual relationship with a minor is not possible legally because a minor cannot give consent. The arguments some are making that allowing gay marriage will lead to all sorts of horrors are just stupid and being spewed by a bunch of homophobic whiners.

Correct.

The notion that the DOMA ruling will lead to ‘legalizing’ polygamy is demagoguery and ignorant nonsense.
Well Jonsie... you blithering twit... we'll just have to remember you leftist bubble heads all thought that way...

After Gay Marriage, Why Not Polygamy? | VICE United States

Fact of the matter is, it's the "slippery slope," the "give them an inch and they'll take a mile," because I can surely remember back to a day not long ago that people were saying the same thing about queers marrying, and now it's here.

You people are so fucking stupid sometimes it's just almost painful to have to wade through your bull shit.

Legalizing same sex "marriage" will lead to legalizing polygamy. There is no rational justification for it not leading to it. DOMA being overturned is completely irrelevant. It's just a step that certain groups are taking to try to force the redefinition of marriage over the entire nation.

If you are going to call it marriage, which it's not. but if you are going to call it marriage there is no reason not to extend benefits.

Why we allow the government to extend benefits to people and interfer in their lives is beyond me. Why you guys want the government regulating same sex marriage is beyond me as well. If anything we should be getting government less involved in all marriages.

You’re wrong, angry, and attempting to cloud the issue.

The Windsor and Perry rulings have clearly offended your subjective religious beliefs. You’re lashing out with bind emotion.

But that’s not justification for you to attempt to deny same-sex couples their equal protection rights.

Your failed and subjective arguments having lost in the courts, you now engage in demagoguery in an attempt to play on the fears of others by raising the specter of ‘polygamy.’

This effort will fail, as did your efforts in court fail.[/QUOTE]

Attempting to cloud the issue? Blind emotion? Im trying to put out reasoned arguments. I haven't denied anyone anything. Repeating the same thing again and again with no arguments whatsoever but insults doesn't somehow make your position correct.

There is no spector of polygamy. There is nothing scary about it. It's just the logical extension to the same sex marriage argument. In fact, the argument to legalize polygamy is far stronger than it is for same sex marriage. Because polygamy does something that same sex relationships cannot do: Produce and legitimize children.

I simply cannot comprehend how you can favor same sex relationships and yet ignore the same arguments for polygamy. It makes no sense whatsoever. Every argument you've produced against polygamy is one you've attacked when applied to same sex relationships.

Do you really think it's scary for a man to marry multipl women or a woman to marry multiple men? Heck do you really think anyone is scared of two men or two women in a relationship?

Why do you conclude that the only reason anyone could possibly disagree with you is because they are afraid of something? Your arguments are purely emotional. Is it really so inconcievably that someone can disagree with you on the merits of the argument?

Polygamy should have been legalized before gay marriage. It is a natural phenomenon that occurs in a state of nature. Think of the single bull and all his cows. The alpha male primate, etc. Polygamy is natural. Gaydom is not.

Anyway, even if you don't legally grant them a marriage, nothing will stop all those women from living with their one man, not even the law. So why is it an issue to begin with?

Whether either causes harm is debatable. A debate I don't particularly care to have at the moment. But you are right, it's much more logical to support polygamy than same sex relationships.

And it really doesn't matter what is natural either. Because just because something is natural doesn't mean it's right.

Legalize all forms of marriage for adults!!! This is what equality means!

Who are you to say it has to be limited to adults? I'm sure the peds will be disagreeing with you, you BIGOT, and let's not forget the people that love their ANIMALS. Oh yeah, there's lots of women that would rather be fucked by their DOG or HORSE than a man. Why can't they marry their dog or horse then?

There is no end. The bar continues to be moved. As long as there's some sick sons a bitch out there pushing for acceptance of their perversion, and the people are willing to cave in, the bar will continue to be moved. The only thing EVER stopping it was the BIBLE, and that is why the war on Christianity has been being waged with such fervor in the past few decades. Get rid of that damn BIBLE and MAN can make up whatever sick ass, immoral, gutter licking shit he feels like. Yeah baby, go ahead and FUCK YOUR DOG, it's ok, WE DON'T CARE, YOU'RE NOT HURTING US, IN FACT HAVE THE DOG FUCK YOUR DAUGHTER TOO, yeah, COOOOOL, that's just great, then we'll all go down to the preacher and have him MARRY you all and your animals. Oh the daughter is only 12... WEEEELLLLL THAT'S OK TOO!

Last edited:

Whether either causes harm is debatable. A debate I don't particularly care to have at the moment. But you are right, it's much more logical to support polygamy than same sex relationships.

And it really doesn't matter what is natural either. Because just because something is natural doesn't mean it's right.
But in this instance the topic is of a sexual nature, and in this instance unnatural does mean it's wrong.

Who knew and predicted this, oh yeah intelligent people, which rules out liberals

What's changed? Just because some polygamists get the notion that this somehow helps them doesn't make it so.

And btw, what is the legal argument against recognizing polygamous marriage?

So far no one has been able to make one.

You haven't seen anything yet. The peds will come, and every other sub human form of miserable shit that mistakes itself for a human being. It will be freak flag Friday every day of the week.

Look at Europe for your hope and change.

Why do you want to control other people?
Who knew and predicted this, oh yeah intelligent people, which rules out liberals

So what? Its not a big deal...people need to release their inner mini dictator and just relax.

I do not wish to control anyone. Queers can do as they like and I will continue to not like them. It's not hate. I feel sorry for them actually.

What I will not condone is the intentional persecution of Christian people because they cannot accept queers let alone allow their ministers to marry them.

The marriage of fags is an act against nature. I will never support it but as a moral human being you won't find me beating them up.

A time is coming that Christians, like the Jews, are going to wear their own flair if this madness continues.

How many faggot rapes transpired in the military last year? Look that up and try not to vomit.

How is it an act against nature? Explain that to me. Oh and how the hell are christians being persecuted by allowing loving couples to marry? Seems christians are the ones persecuting people...fucking hypocrites.

Legalize all forms of marriage for adults!!! This is what equality means!

Who are you to say it has to be limited to adults? I'm sure the peds will be disagreeing with you, you BIGOT, and let's not forget the people that love their ANIMALS. Oh yeah, there's lots of women that would rather be fucked by their DOG or HORSE than a man. Why can't they marry their dog or horse then?

There is no end. The bar continues to be moved. As long as there's some sick sons a bitch out there pushing for acceptance of their perversion, and the people are willing to cave in, the bar will continue to be moved. The only thing EVER stopping it was the BIBLE, and that is why the war on Christianity has been being waged with such fervor in the past few decades. Get rid of that damn BIBLE and MAN can make up whatever sick ass, immoral, gutter licking shit he feels like. Yeah baby, go ahead and FUCK YOUR DOG, it's ok, WE DON'T CARE, YOU'RE NOT HURTING US, IN FACT HAVE THE DOG FUCK YOUR DAUGHTER TOO, yeah, COOOOOL, that's just great, then we'll all go down to the preacher and have him MARRY you all and your animals. Oh the daughter is only 12... WEEEELLLLL THAT'S OK TOO!

Animals do not have full legal standing in the law because they don't have the full mental capacity to enter contracts. Plus, they're animals. So the argument isn't valid.

You can't marry your daughter for the same reason why her teacher can't have sex with her either. The law recognizes that consent is problematic where one party has a dominant relationship with another who does not have full cognitive development. Plus, she's your daughter. So the argument isn't valid.

If the Bible is your framework for the law, you're in trouble. Fortunately, it isn't in this country. Secular reason is the basis for dismantling the red herrings you present.

And no one who adheres to or promotes traditional family values and mores should be labeled homophobic.

There is nothing at all wrong with promoting traditional family values in a positive manner. The problem comes about with those who use traditional family values as a way to bash the LGBT community.

...as the LGBT community is prone to bashing perfectly honest and innocuous straights.

The LGBT community is in a fight to be recognized as equals. They are discriminated against on so many different levels. All they want is the same rights that heterosexuals enjoy. Give them that, and they will have no need to bash or fight anything. What I find so ironic is that homophobes who continue to discriminate against gays are not affected in any way by gays or what they do or don't do.

In every state in the union there are age requirements for marriage. In every state there is a requirement that you not be married to someone else. In every state the law requires that the marriage is consensual - that means you have to be of sound mind and judgement - and of legal contractual age.

I fail to see why anyone would be worried that polygamists and pedophiles are going to suddenly manage to marry legally.

About 10 years ago in every state in the Union it was a requirement that the parties be different genders.

Today that's not the same. Clearly if you don't see why anyone would be concerned about polygamists managing to marry legally, then you've had your head shoved up your ass for the past decade.

having many wives was more traditional than having one at one point. Stop trying to change the meaning of the word marriage!

Yes, in Biblical times many men had multiple wives. There were many more women than men in those days, as men died young. Many died in wars and many women were left widowed. Women generally could not support themselves, so they needed a husband. Polygamy made sense.

Forum List

Back