Gay-rights bill clears first hurdle in Senate

Good on for my GOP.

Those who disagree? I don't care. We have the votes.

Choices do not need 'rights bills'

If you're right, let's get rid of the "freedom of religion" part of the First Amendment.

Then I assume you want no freedom to be gay...

And saw no REP or conservative agenda making gay activities illegal or prohibited

And funny that nobody is trying to force acceptance of a religion, yet trying to force acceptance of this choice.. and I don't see agencies in the government pushing religious issues while they are pushing 'gay' issues

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

you choose to be a christian, so yes i agree, religious people dont need amendments or bills.

I don't need the government to proclaim me 'christian' or force others to accept my particular choice in religion.. just leave me alone and let me act as I want without interference for me or towards me

And I expect no bills forcing in the name of religion, nor forcing a religion to act against their beliefs.. even if I do not agree with their beliefs

If you're right, let's get rid of the "freedom of religion" part of the First Amendment.

And saw no REP or conservative agenda making gay activities illegal or prohibited

And funny that nobody is trying to force acceptance of a religion, yet trying to force acceptance of this choice.. and I don't see agencies in the government pushing religious issues while they are pushing 'gay' issues

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

A workplace can't discriminate against a person based on religion though.

It's just a protective measure.

you choose to be a christian, so yes i agree, religious people dont need amendments or bills.

I don't need the government to proclaim me 'christian' or force others to accept my particular choice in religion.. just leave me alone and let me act as I want without interference for me or towards me

And I expect no bills forcing in the name of religion, nor forcing a religion to act against their beliefs.. even if I do not agree with their beliefs

but we have to accept it, its protected. i can't not hire you based on your religious following.

Cant have it both ways.

I believe a christian book store should be able to discriminate by not hiring a satanist.. or a jewish organization not hiring a muslim.. or an atheist hedonist not hiring a bible thumper..

You are free to practice or worship... but you should not be protected against the freedom of others to portray the atmosphere they want as well

but we have to accept it, its protected. i can't not hire you based on your religious following.

Cant have it both ways.

I don't want it both ways..

I think, as stated in the previous post, that a catholic church or whatever other religious organization should not be forced to hire someone who does not help their image, or is blatantly against their views

I believe a christian book store should be able to discriminate by not hiring a satanist.. or a jewish organization not hiring a muslim.. or an atheist hedonist not hiring a bible thumper..

You are free to practice or worship... but you should not be protected against the freedom of others to portray the atmosphere they want as well

The law says you can't discriminate against someone because of their religious beliefs.

The law says you can't discriminate against someone because of their religious beliefs.

Read the amendment again

It does not

And I don't support others laws that do protect 'choices'....

Having the freedom to exercise or worship or whatever does not mean others cannot and should not be able to exercise their beliefs not to want you around in their private business or whatever

Read the amendment again

It does not

And I don't support others laws that do protect 'choices'....

Having the freedom to exercise or worship or whatever does not mean others cannot and should not be able to exercise their beliefs not to want you around in their private business or whatever

There would be a lawsuit if you fired a christian simply because you don't like Christians.

No Corporation would do that and they know people are protected in their religious beliefs.

You may not care if religious people are protected but I do just as much as gay, bi and cross gendered folks.

Forum List

Back