Gay Woman Stands Up for Christian Pizzeria, Twitter Responds

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
How amazing. she didn't use "bigot" once in her statement. I think you blowhard leftist/militants overplayed your hand...tsk tsk

SNIP:
Courtney Hoffman, a gay woman, has taken a remarkable stand for the freedom of association. After a pizzeria whose Christian owners said they would not cater a gay wedding was compelled to close after receiving threats, Hoffman supported their right to operate according to conscience with a personal donation. The Blaze reports:

Kris Cruz, a radio host and producer of “The Jeff Adams Show,” was the first person to flag Hoffman’s donation. He then contacted her through Facebook and she agreed to join them on the air Monday.

Cruz started with the “big question” — Why did she do it?

“My girlfriend and I are small business owners, and we think there is a difference between operating in a public market space and then attaching the name of your business to a private event,” she said. “Like, if we were asked to set up at an anti-gay marriage rally, I mean, we would have to decline.”

The response on Twitter has been overwhelmingly positive, with some rare exceptions. Here are some: AT THE SITE

I support the actions of #CourtneyHoffman. If we (LGBT Community) truly want acceptance, we must practice it!!!

— Brett Alan Sterling (@brettster81) April 7, 2015

ALL of it here:
Gay Woman Stands Up for Christian Pizzeria Twitter Responds PJ Tatler

Just as with any group, most are reasonable. Unfortunately, the loudest are always the ones heard and reported on, with the bias the media wishes.

Just as with any group, most are reasonable. Unfortunately, the loudest are always the ones heard and reported on, with the bias the media wishes.

True. it's just a shame more homosexuals like this woman didn't take a stand. I've said all along this type of stuff doesn't HELP in wanting people to "accept" them. It HURTS their cause. but

Trouble with this gay woman is like the pizza owners they're all baffled about the law. "If we were asked to set up an anti-gay marriage event we woudl have to decline." You might want to decline, but you wouldn't be allowed to any more than the pizza place would. Equal Accomodations works in both directions.

I agree. And I believe many gays do, too.
I have questioned a certain percentage of gays need for scantily and provocatively dressed
th
flamboyant parades, as I think that turns more people away than anything. Why not just have a convention where they can celebrate behind closed doors. Or if they want the parades, dress so parents don't feel a need to keep their children from the area at the time. Or happen upon the area, not knowing there is a gay pride parade going on with their kids. This is what bothers alot of the population-

th

Can you imagine if heterosexuals had a parade to celebrate that, with the women being dressed in negligees, the men in jock straps, etc.? some things should be left behind closed doors, no matter your practices. Jmho.

True. it's just a shame more homosexuals like this woman didn't take a stand. I've said all along this type of stuff doesn't HELP in wanting people to "accept" them. It HURTS their cause. but

I support the actions of #CourtneyHoffman. If we (LGBT Community) truly want acceptance, we must practice it!!!
To me if they truly practiced acceptance, they wouldn't do what they have been doing because they would be accepting what the word of the Lord is. If you choose to ignore his word and to not accept it, be prepared to get the same treatment eventually from the man himself. Therefore, if you want his acceptance, which is the only acceptance that should ever matter, then you have to do your part by accepting what his word is and it says that homosexuality is wrong.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Last edited:
He also says to not judge, and to forgive others, as I imagine you have forgiven others within your life. He also gave His only Son because He knows we are all sinners and need to be forgiven. Have you ever once lied, loved those that have hurt others, hurt anyone yourself, known an adulterer, known of lust within your heart? Known others to have lust?
To believe we are any more perfect than another, is a belief of fools.
Matthew 7:3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Matthew 7:1,2
7 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

And most important, is we are not to judge, but offer up our love to those that we come in contact with.
To me if they truly practiced acceptance, they wouldn't do what they have been doing because they would be accepting what the word of the Lord is. If you choose to ignore his word and to not accept it, be prepared to get the same treatment eventually from the man himself. Therefore, if you want his acceptance, which is the only acceptance that should ever matter, then you have to do your part by accepting what his word is and it says that homosexuality is wrong.

Holly

He also says to not judge, and to forgive others, as I imagine you have forgiven others within your life. He also gave His only Son because He knows we are all sinners and need to be forgiven. Have you ever once lied, loved those that have hurt others, hurt anyone yourself, known an adulterer, known of lust within your heart? Known others to have lust?
To believe we are any more perfect than another, is a belief of fools.
Matthew 7:3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Matthew 7:1,2
7 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

And most important, is we are not to judge, but offer up our love to those that we come in contact with.

Holly
Sharing what I believe doesn't mean that I am judging other people and yes the Lord does say to forgive other people, but I don't believe that we are to forgive other people until they ask for the forgiveness and if they don't think that they are doing anything bad to begin with, they are not going to ask for anything.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back