Gays are in trouble

They may be able to marry, but they may soon find themselves without a corporate job.
Ariz. Bill Decried As License to Discriminate - NBC News

I don't think this applies to hiring/firing people.

If someone doesn't want to do work for gays for moral/religious reasons, do you really imagine that they would what them working for them for the very same reasons? The employer becomes the coconspirator, enabling gays to pursue their immorality when they could employ wholesome moral family type people. I mean there once was a time a man could be fired for cheating on his wife and no one blinked an eye.

They may be able to marry, but they may soon find themselves without a corporate job.

If someone doesn't want to do work for gays for moral/religious reasons, do you really imagine that they would what them working for them for the very same reasons? The employer becomes the coconspirator, enabling gays to pursue their immorality when they could employ wholesome moral family type people. I mean there once was a time a man could be fired for cheating on his wife and no one blinked an eye.

So...and this is choice....people can be fired for being divorced?

You think its okay to prevent gay people from gaining work, then? I guess you are happy to pay for their welfare?

I sincerely doubt that gays will suffer any job losses , even if this bill survives litigation. To deny employment to qualified and able employees is not only Bad business it's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Not to worry. The government will tell the business owners what they can and can't do with their businesses. The gov. wants the IRS to determine who can be fired and who cannot. White middle class heterosexual men are the ones in trouble.........

You think its okay to prevent gay people from gaining work, then? I guess you are happy to pay for their welfare?

Well let's see.

The law allows employers to discriminate against smokers and not hire them or even fire employees who smoke. This is all due to "health" related reasons.

Looking at the US, gay men account for well over half the new AIDS and STD cases out there even though they only account for about 4% of the population.

So as we see, gay sex could be seen in much the same light as smoking.

Obesity is another example of health related reasons not to hire. Business owners will be scrunizing even more so now because of Gov. intervention. Who they would like to hire no longer applies. Who they can get screwed for hiring will be the deciding factor.

Are Christians just as eager about not serving people who worship idols, or people who drink, or people who have straight anal sex, or people who use the word "God" in vein, or people who work on Sunday, or people who don't honor their parents, or people who covet their neighbor's wife, or people who have lied before, or people who are divorced, etc, etc, etc?

Why is it that Christians are only concerned about not serving people who are gay and nothing else listed above? Seems hypocritical.

Last edited:
Ariz. Bill Decried As License to Discriminate

PHOENIX — The Arizona Legislature gave final approval Thursday to legislation that allows business owners asserting their religious beliefs to refuse service to gays and others, drawing backlash from Democrats who called the proposal "state-sanctioned discrimination" and an embarrassment.

... and others

the Good Old Boys, in a last desperate attempt to find meaning where there is none ;

I dont see how choosing not to do business someone equates to hiring and firing.

Nor do I see how this will cause gays to not get goods or services. The market always finds a way to get things to people. If one person wont do work for a specific group of people, another person will.

I don't see why I should be compelled to do work for someone if i choose not to.

So...and this is choice....people can be fired for being divorced?

At one time people were fired for being a philanderer.

I dont see how choosing not to do business someone equates to hiring and firing.

Nor do I see how this will cause gays to not get goods or services. The market always finds a way to get things to people. If one person wont do work for a specific group of people, another person will.

I don't see why I should be compelled to do work for someone if i choose not to.

Personally, if I do not wish to represent someone I feel is totally amoral, I would most certainly not want that person representing my company.

Last edited:

Are Christians just as eager about not serving people who worship idols, or people who drink, or people who have straight anal sex, or people who use the word "God" in vein, or people who work on Sunday, or people who don't honor their parents, or people who covet their neighbor's wife, or people who have lied before, or people who are divorced, etc, etc, etc?

Why is it that Christians are only concerned about not serving people who are gay and nothing else listed above? Seems hypocritical.

Sexuality can be an idol, the same with drugs, booze, food, etc... The problem is that the Federal government is presently trying to change morality to suit their OWN agenda. And "gay" marriage is their present pawn.

Though a member of the LGBT community myself, I'm also kinda religious and am thus forced to agree with those who don't wish to consort with unrepentant 'sinners.' Though I don't elevate homosexuality to the level some seem to, there being many more agriegous sins out there people commit all the time, just as I wouldn't wanna associate with idolers or Sabbath-breakers, I see the reasoning (at least in theory) some have with having to cater to, or associate with homosexuals. And while I LIKE consorting with homosexuials for obvious reasons (heh) I have to conceed it's mentioned as an abomination in Torah, and thus forcing religious people to be around them violates their freedom of religious expression.

I think there's a satisfactory middle-ground though. Just as states allowing gay marriage often have a exemption for religious institutions not having to perform such weddings if they choose not to, allow businesses with religious workers the same 'opt-out' capability. It's absolutely discriminatory, but unfortunately it's also absolutely Scripturally consistent.

Forum List

Back