Gaza army

...Faith is for the feeble minded.
Remember that, when you're preparing to draw your last conscious breath.

Meanwhile, the vast majority of your fellow human beings disagree with your position in this matter.

We all understand how vastly superior atheists are, with intellects vastly outpacing those of mere mortals who believe in a godhead.

Or, more accurately, we all understand that atheists oftentimes see themselves in such terms.

I dare you to watch this:

This has nothing to do with faith, even. You said that Israel was never Jewish in the past. If Gd spoke to Abraham or gave the Torah at Mount Sinai or split the Reed Sea, is a matter of faith. That is not what I was saying. Numerous archaeological findings, such as inscriptions on tablets by Egyptian, Assyrian and Sumerian kings say, without doubt, that there was a Kingdom of Judah in the past.

And even if you dismiss the Bible entirely despite all the evidence, what about the later Hasmonean Kingdom of Judea? That is certainly supported by historians, such as Josephus.

Meanwhile, the vast majority of your fellow human beings disagree with your position in this matter.

We all understand how vastly superior atheists are, with intellects vastly outpacing those of mere mortals who believe in a godhead.

Or, more accurately, we all understand that atheists oftentimes see themselves in such terms.

This has nothing to do with faith, even. You said that Israel was never Jewish in the past. If Gd spoke to Abraham or gave the Torah at Mount Sinai or split the Reed Sea, is a matter of faith. That is not what I was saying. Numerous archaeological findings, such as inscriptions on tablets by Egyptian, Assyrian and Sumerian kings say, without doubt, that there was a Kingdom of Judah in the past.

There are only 8 archaelogical inscriptions which mention in passing words that could be translated as "Israel"; one of which says that Israel was "exterminated". There is no consensus regarding who or what the word "Israel" refers to; a region, a tribal group, a petty warlord, etc. As for the "Kingdom of Judah" there is no archaeological/historical evidence for it's existance before 800BCE, long after the Sumerians were extinct. If anything there is more evidence that the Kingdom of Judah was created by the Assyrians either as a buffer state with Egypt or to exploit the Olive oil resources of the region.

In any event there is no extra-Biblical evidence of any uniform religious or ethnic groupings in that area at that time.

There are only 8 archaelogical inscriptions which mention in passing words that could be translated as "Israel"; one of which says that Israel was "exterminated". There is no consensus regarding who or what the word "Israel" refers to; a region, a tribal group, a petty warlord, etc. As for the "Kingdom of Judah" there is no archaeological/historical evidence for it's existance before 800BCE, long after the Sumerians were extinct. If anything there is more evidence that the Kingdom of Judah was created by the Assyrians either as a buffer state with Egypt or to exploit the Olive oil resources of the region.

In any event there is no extra-Biblical evidence of any uniform religious or ethnic groupings in that area at that time.

What about the Moabite stone, which says that the Moabites were defeated by King Omri of Israel? Or the Egyptian records saying that their Pharaoh defeated King Josiah of Judah? You also haven't addressed the Hasmonean Kingdom. And are you saying that the New Testament is not reliable either?

And even if you dismiss the Bible entirely despite all the evidence, what about the later Hasmonean Kingdom of Judea? That is certainly supported by historians, such as Josephus.

I'm not holding my breath, but recent research by historians such as John Ma in Oxford, suggests that much, if not all of the Maccabee story, is fabricated propaganda.

What's the matter? Goat bit your tongue? You can't answer who's land it was that Israel occupied?
Let's see. Palestine is defined by international borders. The Palestinians are the native population and they are citizens of Palestine.

Huuumpf! The land must belong to a bunch of criminals out of Europe.:uhoh3::uhoh3::uhoh3::lol::lol::lol:

Arabs suddenly calling themselves Palestinians doesn't make a people, nation, or identity.
Neither does American, British, French, German, Polish, Russian Jewish Zionists suddenly calling themselves "Israelis"

True. They started calling themselves Israelis after the state of Israel was established and recognized internationally in 1948.
Established in 1948, true. Being a member of the UN however, does not automatically infer recognition as a state.

What are you jerking yourself off to now, Achmed? Israel is treated and recognized as all other member states in the UN.

I'm not holding my breath, but recent research by historians such as John Ma in Oxford, suggests that much, if not all of the Maccabee story, is fabricated propaganda.

Irrelevant crap. There are people who deny the existence of Jesus too.

P F Tinmore, et al,

I have never "ducked the question."

I have previously asked you to confirm Israel's right to territorial integrity and you have always ducked the question.
(COMMENT)

The right of "Territorial Integrity" is a product --- that is derived from the "right of self-determination."

You cannot actually have a "territory" to have "integrity" over until you "declare independence;" which you cannot have until you exercise the "right of self-determination." They are all interrelated. In the case of the Israeli's:

• The exercised the "right of self-determination."
  • The exercise was by "declaring independence."
  • They declared independence over a "territory."
  • The now have the right of "territorial integrity."

It is just that simple. There is none of this nonsense you espouse about transfer and title --- some authority or international this or that. It is a very straight-forward process. If the Israelis can maintain the integrity of their territory --- it is theirs.

Most Respectfully,
R

Ha ha ha ha. There are hundreds of thousands of archeological sites and artifacts that prove conclusively the existence of an Israel. You Jew haters are truly pathetic.

I am not referring to a Hanukkah menorah burning for 8 days, but the fact that Hyrcanus, Aristobulus and Alexandra ruled Judea.

What about the Moabite stone, which says that the Moabites were defeated by King Omri of Israel? Or the Egyptian records saying that their Pharaoh defeated King Josiah of Judah? You also haven't addressed the Hasmonean Kingdom. And are you saying that the New Testament is not reliable either?

Yes, the Moabite stone circa 840BCE, aka Meshe Stelle is one of the 8 in question, not sure which "Egyptian records" you refer to, care to elaborate or provide a link?

You totally reject the fact that the temple existed during the roman occupation? That they destroyed the temple? That judaism was the religion of the people in the land?
What of cyrus and the return of the jews and rebuilding of the temple.
There are a number of stele that mention Israel and david written by neighbors to Israel. Merneptah stele is from 1200 bce. Kurkh is 853 bce. Moabite is from 840 bce.

The land has been rebuild, over built and added to many times since the first civilizations. Keep digging down and there might be a wealth of archeological evidence. People are still finding everything from the ottoman to roman occupation. The deeper you go the older you find, much like the city of troy.
If they can find the cities around the dead sea from the time of abraham and lot, they might find more satisfying evidence for the rest of the history timeline as well. One of the problems is much of the ancient evidence is probably under existing building and no one is able to dig under and search of older evidence.

P F Tinmore, et al,

I have never "ducked the question."

I have previously asked you to confirm Israel's right to territorial integrity and you have always ducked the question.
(COMMENT)

The right of "Territorial Integrity" is a product --- that is derived from the "right of self-determination."

You cannot actually have a "territory" to have "integrity" over until you "declare independence;" which you cannot have until you exercise the "right of self-determination." They are all interrelated. In the case of the Israeli's:

• The exercised the "right of self-determination."
  • The exercise was by "declaring independence."
  • They declared independence over a "territory."
  • The now have the right of "territorial integrity."

It is just that simple. There is none of this nonsense you espouse about transfer and title --- some authority or international this or that. It is a very straight-forward process. If the Israelis can maintain the integrity of their territory --- it is theirs.

Most Respectfully,
R
Blah, blah, blah! Who says it is theirs? Can you document it?

You totally reject the fact that the temple existed during the roman occupation? That they destroyed the temple? That judaism was the religion of the people in the land?
There are a number of stele that mention Israel and david written by neighbors to Israel. Merneptah stele is from 1200 bce. Kurkh is 853 bce. Moabite is from 840 bce.

The land has been rebuild, over built and added to many times since the first civilizations. Keep digging down and there might be a wealth of archeological evidence. People are still finding everything from the ottoman to roman occupation. The deeper you go the older you find, much like the city of troy.
If they can find the cities around the dead sea from the time of abraham and lot, they might find more satisfying evidence for the rest of the history timeline as well. One of the problems is much of the ancient evidence is probably under existing building and no one is able to dig under and search of older evidence.

Who else was there at the time?

I am not referring to a Hanukkah menorah burning for 8 days, but the fact that Hyrcanus, Aristobulus and Alexandra ruled Judea.

Neither am I. I don't dispute there was a Theocratic dynasty that ruled over large parts of the area that tried to impose Judaism by force; however how sucessful they were is moot.

Leave him alone the guy is an ignorant moron. The history of Israel is even confirmed and cross referenced through the Roman, Persian, Greek, etc. historical records and artifacts:

Esther - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Images of the Arch of Titus and reliefs after 81 CE Rome. Digital Imaging Project Art historical images of European and North American architecture and sculpture from classical Greek to Post-modern. Scanned from slides taken on site by Mary Ann Sullivan Bluffton College.

Ha ha ha ha. There are hundreds of thousands of archeological sites and artifacts that prove conclusively the existence of an Israel. You Jew haters are truly pathetic.

You really ought to read posts carefully before mouthing off.

The insane, ignorant garbage that comes out of these Jew haters is truly remarkable.

You really ought to read posts carefully before mouthing off.

You are trying to deny the existence of an ancient Israel. Maybe you should be the first Muslim writer for The Onion?

Who else was there at the time?

Well there weren't any Arabs, Muslims,or Palestinians. LOL

Forum List

Back