General Mark Milley just said in House Armed Services Hearing that inflation “may go to 9 or 10 percent!”

The entire "value" most Americans have is a nominal house price that means nothing because you can't fucking eat your house.....or travel the world in it, or you know...make money off it in general.

Real wealth is invested in cash flow (and that can be investment real estate).

But the US Government wanted to make sure the sheep felt they were rich too.
I grow food on the land I live on with my house.

The fed just said they are going to get a lot more aggressive......Housing bubble burst anyone?
Oh man....can you imagine? All of the overpriced sales in the last two years alone? Going upside down from a position of equity? Hoooooooly sheeeeyat.

It will be a complete financial catastrophe....but long overdue.

Do you always make excuses for the greed of the capitalist?
Hey doofus....tell me who it is that is in charge of regulating the banking industry as of this moment...care to take a whack at it?

JO

Oh man....can you imagine? All of the overpriced sales in the last two years alone? Going upside down from a position of equity? Hoooooooly sheeeeyat.
There's more demand for housing today than ever before so no, we're not going to see any sort of lasting fall off in prices.

Keep in mind too than many building materials form sheetrock to plywood to shelving has at least tripled in the last year or two.

That being the case unless builders and developers are willing to eat huge losses jut to get some cash flow going it's not going to hapen.

I am worth a hell of a lot more now than five years ago and it is not ruining me.

The banking industry is not having a shortage of Chinese goods.

But it is writing one mortgage after another with absolute no justification for the insane valuations placed on the assets simply based on supply and demand. Once again the regulators are either being bought off or they are simply out to lunch. If the fed gets aggressive with the interest rates right now do you have any idea whatsoever what that will do the the most recent crop of overpriced home sales? No I suppose you don't.

JO

But it is writing one mortgage after another with absolute no justification for the insane valuations placed on the assets simply based on supply and demand. Once again the regulators are either being bought off or they are simply out to lunch. If the fed gets aggressive with the interest rates right now do you have any idea whatsoever what that will do the the most recent crop of overpriced home sales? No I suppose you don't.

JO
I have no mortgage..If I did it would be a fixed-rate mortgage.

There's more demand for housing today than ever before so no, we're not going to see any sort of lasting fall off in prices.

Keep in mind too than many building materials form sheetrock to plywood to shelving has at least tripled in the last year or two.

That being the case unless builders and developers are willing to eat huge losses jut to get some cash flow going it's not going to hapen.
I know it's mercenary position to take but that's where if you are sitting on cash a recession is a "good thing". And yes, local contractors will eat losses to keep the cash flowing as they tend to over-leverage themselves. Either that or they put everything of value in a relatives name and go under.

I have no mortgage..If I did it would be a fixed-rate mortgage.
That's what most of them are....
It's not the mortgage you have to worry about its what will happen to the value of the houses.
So your insulated that's good and that's smart...but 90 percent of the market is not... they are waaaay overleveraged based on insane appreciation rates over the past decade AGAIN.

I know it's mercenary position to take but that's where if you are sitting on cash a recession is a "good thing". And yes, local contractors will eat losses to keep the cash flowing as they tend to over-leverage themselves. Either that or they put everything of value in a relatives name and go under.
Incorporating will save your personal finances.

That's what most of them are....
It's not the mortgage you have to worry about its what will happen to the value of the houses.
So your insulated that's good and that's smart...but 90 percent of the market is not... they are waaaay overleveraged based on insane appreciation rates over the past decade AGAIN.
I can live in a tent if I have to.

Hope you're right but then again we have no real idea where that wall really is and to date it just keeps winding up like a drunk speeding down the road to a missing bridge. If the whole thing breaks...it won't matter how many people are out there looking for a house...the banks will collapse.

JO

Forum List

Back