General Video Game Discussion

any video game fans here?

I'm a recovered junkie.

wagon.gif

Fallout Vegas looks sweet. I just got my PS3 within the last month. Been making up for lost time though. :lol:

Latest game I just beat was Batman: Arkham Asylum. Such a excellent game.

PS3? meh..

I own one, and I only use it Blu Ray and a couple Exclusives. But all my games I buy are for the Xbox, and some for PC.

I use to own a Xbox back when Halo was the biggest game but then it got the dreaded red ring of death and the warranty was up. I didn't really play too much video games after that due to getting bored of em for other things. The only thing I really liked in that time period was MGS4 which I still think is the greatest game ever. :lol:

I beat the games too fast to want to own them. Plus, all the Hollywood Videos (and Blockbuster never had a real good selection in the first place) are closing down. So I got Gamefly.

I got Fallout 3 on Christmas 09 and I still haven't touched it yet. Last game I beat was the Lost and Damned expansion for GTA IV.

I just installed Medieval II on the PC again.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL3EuzaDgpQ]YouTube - Medieval II: Total War - Official Release Trailer[/ame]

Fallout Vegas looks sweet. I just got my PS3 within the last month. Been making up for lost time though. :lol:

Fallout New Vegas is a bit slow for me. I find myself going off the game and back to other faster paced games.

But I'm more a total FPS player rather than FPS and strategy together. When I want to play a game, I do not want to do much thinking. If it moves and is not on my friendly list, then it's gone. :tongue:

I liked FarCry2 and Fear Persius Mandate. Cryisis Warhead was great!

Fallout New Vegas is a bit slow for me. I find myself going off the game and back to other faster paced games.

But I'm more a total FPS player rather than FPS and strategy together. When I want to play a game, I do not want to do much thinking. If it moves and is not on my friendly list, then it's gone. :tongue:

I did not like New Vegas as much as I liked fallout3.

something was just off with the game for me.

I just tried ARMA II for PC, the movement controls are way too sensitive and I can't seem to adjust them also I cannot for the life of me figure out how to pick up ammo. So far I'm thinking a waste of money.

I just tried ARMA II for PC, the movement controls are way too sensitive and I can't seem to adjust them also I cannot for the life of me figure out how to pick up ammo. So far I'm thinking a waste of money.

It might be better today, but back a five years or so it was not very often (if ever) one could find a console game ported to PC with all the usual PC controls, and key mapping was always problematic.

I've stayed away from console games for that reason. I just like PC key mapping far too much.

It might be better today, but back a five years or so it was not very often (if ever) one could find a console game ported to PC with all the usual PC controls, and key mapping was always problematic.

I've stayed away from console games for that reason. I just like PC key mapping far too much.

Cool! Now run that by me again, in English this time please..........

Cool! Now run that by me again, in English this time please..........

LOL I think he is saying he likes how you can customize what keys do what on PC games but doesn't like how console games only have preset control buttons for the most part.

I'll admit I didn't have you pegged as a gamer. Did you also find this to be the case with Fallout 3 or is the gameplay in New Vegas just more sluggish?

Anyone tried Civilization 5?

I'm planning to soon. I've played embarrassing amounts of Civ 4 over the past few years and I'll probably find 5 to be just as addictive. It's a pretty great series IMO. :thup:

Has anyone played something from the Total War series? I want to try those out.

Forum List

Back