Georgia secretary of state backs nationwide ban on "ballot harvesting", calls for constitutional amendment to ban non-US citizens from voting

So far.
While New York City, violates Federal and New York State Constitutional voting laws by allowing non-citizens to vote in coming elections.
**********​
Those aren’t federal elections. What am I missing?

Whatever happened to the states setting their election rules?

In this case it's a city setting the rules violating the State's Constitution.

"Each state is governed by its own constitution. State constitutions vary in length and scope and, unlike the federal Constitution, they are generally broader in scope and are amended more frequently. State constitutional research is similar to federal constitutional research".

"Each state is governed by its own constitution. State constitutions vary in length and scope and, unlike the federal Constitution, they are generally broader in scope and are amended more frequently. State constitutional research is similar to federal constitutional research".
US Constitution has precedence over the States

Bullshit... tell us another ridiculously unsupported lie. NYC is already making it acceptable to OPENLY allow illegals to vote in state elections. Other blue cesspool states require a driver's license and those are issued without proof of citizenship.
Destroy faith in our elections and the consequences will be deadly for us all. The choice has been ballots or bullets since the beginning. Choose wisely. Starting a conflagration takes a single match, stopping one is a whole lot more difficult and costly.

{...
NEW YORK (AP) — More than 800,000 noncitizens and “Dreamers” in New York City will have access to the ballot box — and could vote in municipal elections as early as next year — after Mayor Eric Adams allowed legislation to automatically become law Sunday.

Opponents have vowed to challenge the new law, which the City Council approved a month ago. Unless a judge halts its implementation, New York City is the first major U.S. city to grant widespread municipal voting rights to noncitizens.
Noncitizens still wouldn’t be able to vote for president or members of Congress in federal races, or in the state elections that pick the governor, judges and legislators.

The Board of Elections must now begin drawing an implementation plan by July, including voter registration rules and provisions that would create separate ballots for municipal races to prevent noncitizens from casting ballots in federal and state contests.
...}

So this is only in local municipal elections, which is the right of all taxpayers.

US Constitution has precedence over the States

It would be more accurate to say that the Constitution divides up jurisdictions between the federal and all other levels of government.
States do not have rights, only people do, but states can represent people better than the federal government can in most circumstances.
The few the feds can do better, are what the constitution gives the feds authority over.
Like setting immigration rules.
You can't have each state doing that their own way.

Since NYC would not be allowing non-citizens to vote in state elections, I see no violation of NY constitution?

Oh shit! That's the criteria for posting? See you later then. Plenty of evidence supports me. Not you. You will be missed.
No evidence supports you, which is why you can't link any of it. You're a liar, and since you can't defend your lie, you will be missed until your next one.

{...
NEW YORK (AP) — More than 800,000 noncitizens and “Dreamers” in New York City will have access to the ballot box — and could vote in municipal elections as early as next year — after Mayor Eric Adams allowed legislation to automatically become law Sunday.

Opponents have vowed to challenge the new law, which the City Council approved a month ago. Unless a judge halts its implementation, New York City is the first major U.S. city to grant widespread municipal voting rights to noncitizens.
Noncitizens still wouldn’t be able to vote for president or members of Congress in federal races, or in the state elections that pick the governor, judges and legislators.

The Board of Elections must now begin drawing an implementation plan by July, including voter registration rules and provisions that would create separate ballots for municipal races to prevent noncitizens from casting ballots in federal and state contests.
...}

So this is only in local municipal elections, which is the right of all taxpayers.
This is the ongoing push for global citizens. This is why nationalism is demonized.

You ever hear this thing called, "No taxation without representation". I mean I think there was this one country that actually made that cry as they wrote something I think was called a Declaration of Independence. At one time that country was noted as being the oldest democracy in the world. But now it is Switzerland, because that country is not considered a democracy anymore.
It wasn't a country until they kicked the crap out of useless Eurotrash and made it a country. It was never a democracy so the Eurotrash are welcome that title.

He's a slimy POS RINO. Looked the other way when election fraud happened in Georgia. Of course he's for any kind of federal intrusion into election controls. Don't be fooled.

I can’t get my head around why this is an issue? What’s the argument against noncitizens voting locally if they live there?

Forum List

Back