Georgia Senate blocks mega tax cuts for Delta in response to Delta punishing law abiding NRA

In the sense that Georgia's a state with a lot of gun enthusiasts.

I don't give a shit if 122% of the state are "gun enthusiasts". It's not the government's domain to run a private corporation.

And they aren't, so stop exaggerating.

They have every right to say, "This is what we expect from companies who wish to negotiate tax breaks with us." And Delta has every right to say, "We don't want to do that." So everyone's perfectly in control of their own sphere of influence.

But that is not what they said, they said "Give this private entity a tribute in the form of a discount or you will not get a tax break".

Can you truly not see the difference?

Nope, 'cause I don't see it that way, and that's the only difference.

I heard them say, "If you're going to discriminate against and insult gun owners, you're not someone we want to negotiate tax breaks with." And no, I don't have a problem with that.

Again, it's not like Georgia popped out of nowhere and demanded that Delta give them a brand-new discount they'd never had before. The fact that this is in reaction to Delta's own actions does change the complexion of it.
Delta's actions were directly at the constituency of the State of GA.

Well, certain members of the Georgia Senate definitely see it that way. And I'd imagine there are a number of everyday Georgians who do, as well.

What the hell does the Georgia State Leg have to do with the NRA? Are they owned by them?

I don't give a shit if 122% of the state are "gun enthusiasts". It's not the government's domain to run a private corporation.

They have every right to say, "This is what we expect from companies who wish to negotiate tax breaks with us." And Delta has every right to say, "We don't want to do that." So everyone's perfectly in control of their own sphere of influence.

But that is not what they said, they said "Give this private entity a tribute in the form of a discount or you will not get a tax break".

I heard them say, "If you're going to discriminate against and insult gun owners, you're not someone we want to negotiate tax breaks with." And no, I don't have a problem with that.

Again, it's not like Georgia popped out of nowhere and demanded that Delta give them a brand-new discount they'd never had before. The fact that this is in reaction to Delta's own actions does change the complexion of it.

Only if you believe the role of the government is to interfere in the exchange between two private entities, taking the side of one and threatening the other.

There is a name for people that believe that, but you get mad at me when I use it.

Quite interesting, not more than a few weeks ago many were pissing and moaning about companies getting Corporate Welfare. Now those same folks are pissing and moaning that Delta may get a pullback on some of that Corporate Welfare.

again, all they had to do was just say they were ending the practice of discounting tickets and all would have been hunky dorey. But they made a statement that NRA members are bad passengers and because they are will pay more than many other passengers. they shot their own foot.

Please provide the link to the statement from Delta saying this...thanks.
why did they pull their discounts, because they are good clients? IMO it is a punishment of the members.

So, you will at least admit you lied about the statement that Delta made? Or are you going to double down on your lie?

Delta's actions were directly at the constituency of the State of GA.

Well, certain members of the Georgia Senate definitely see it that way. And I'd imagine there are a number of everyday Georgians who do, as well.
well we all witnessed the forced transgender shit, it's time for these assholes to either accept us or leave the country.

again, all they had to do was just say they were ending the practice of discounting tickets and all would have been hunky dorey. But they made a statement that NRA members are bad passengers and because they are will pay more than many other passengers. they shot their own foot.

why did they pull their discounts, because they are good clients? IMO it is a punishment of the members.

So, you will at least admit you lied about the statement that Delta made? Or are you going to double down on your lie?
There actions tell me that. again, they didn't do it because the members were great clients. they are insulating the members aren't allowed to take advantage of discounts because of who they associate with.

Then Delta saying they are staying neutral. LOL.

Quite interesting, not more than a few weeks ago many were pissing and moaning about companies getting Corporate Welfare. Now those same folks are pissing and moaning that Delta may get a pullback on some of that Corporate Welfare.

There are bigger issues than corporate welfare. One of those is when the government tries to force one private entity to provide a tribute to another private entity in the way of a discount.

More important than corporate welfare is the fact the government interfered in the transition between two private entities, neither of which were doing anything illegal or unethical. Would you support the state of NY trying to force people to give discounts to BLM or PP? I think none of us would, but it is no different than what Ga did.

In fairness to Delta, I think THEY just intended it as a "You're too hot a potato for us to handle right now". But the screeching boycott mob DEFINITELY intended it as a punishment when they demanded it.

There are bigger issues than corporate welfare. One of those is when the government tries to force one private entity to provide a tribute to another private entity in the way of a discount.

More important than corporate welfare is the fact the government interfered in the transition between two private entities, neither of which were doing anything illegal or unethical. Would you support the state of NY trying to force people to give discounts to BLM or PP? I think none of us would, but it is no different than what Ga did.
how is the state of georgia forcing Delta to do anything?

There actions tell me that. again, they didn't do it because the members were great clients. they are insulating the members aren't allowed to take advantage of discounts because of who they associate with.

You said that they made the statement, not their actions.

But, thanks, that is all I need to know about you.

I think it is time for us to end this discussion, i find it difficult to deal with such giddy dishonesty.

Uuuuhhmmm.......... HOW exactly is declining to run a promotion "discriminating against" anything? Is that not the company's decision? When did that prerogative shift to the government?

Perphaps your problem is with reading comprehension.

Or perhaps the gummint now decides who runs what promotions, for whom and when.

Get over your partisan hackitude. This is blatant corruption/abuse of power. Call it what it is and quit the charade.

In fairness to Delta, I think THEY just intended it as a "You're too hot a potato for us to handle right now". But the screeching boycott mob DEFINITELY intended it as a punishment when they demanded it.
so you think them doing nothing would have been worse than this shit we're watching? LOL, not well thought out at all.

You said that they made the statement, not their actions.

But, thanks, that is all I need to know about you.

I think it is time for us to end this discussion, i find it difficult to deal with such giddy dishonesty.
yep an implied one. they implied it, I read their statements and drew that conclusion of what they were actually trying to say. yep!!!

Because you see, they could have done nothing and let the idiots on the left simmer down. Not make any statement what so ever. it would have just subsided. but no, they made a point to direct their statement at the members.

Bigger issues...bigger than Armageddon a few weeks ago?

like taking the guns of law abiding citizens?

Only if you believe the role of the government is to interfere in the exchange between two private entities, taking the side of one and threatening the other.

There is a name for people that believe that, but you get mad at me when I use it.

No, I don't. I laugh at you for being functionally illiterate.

Uuuuhhmmm.......... HOW exactly is declining to run a promotion "discriminating against" anything? Is that not the company's decision? When did that prerogative shift to the government?

Perphaps your problem is with reading comprehension.

Or perhaps the gummint now decides who runs what promotions, for whom and when.

Get over your partisan hackitude. This is blatant corruption/abuse of power. Call it what it is and quit the charade.

Uuuuhhhhmmm, you've had this question answered for you so many times I have lost count. That you're still asking it while feigning total confusion tells me you don't want the answer; you're asking the question for it to BE the answer.

how is the state of georgia forcing Delta to do anything?

Bigger issues...bigger than Armageddon a few weeks ago?

There is armageddon every day on this forum. For me personally, government interference is at the top of my armageddon list.

so you think them doing nothing would have been worse than this shit we're watching? LOL, not well thought out at all.

I think Delta was in a "lose-lose" situation, to tell the truth. There simply was no move that wasn't going to cause an explosion.

What the hell does the Georgia State Leg have to do with the NRA? Are they owned by them?

The "this is what we expect" part CANNOT involve mandatory discounts for political special interest groups, just because that SIG owns (or thinks it owns) that legislature. That's just blatant corruption.

Where the hell does THAT end?

Yeah -- exactly.

Ending the NRA discount means they are saying NRA members are bad passengers?

Forum List

Back