Georgia Senate blocks mega tax cuts for Delta in response to Delta punishing law abiding NRA

40 mil in fuel tax plus scores of pissed off NRA members and other conservatives that will boycott the airline for 13 measly discounted fares. Political correctness and kowtowing to the vocal lib left came with a steep price.

Piss poor business descion

I guess there must be a lot o' wags who don't seem to know this but group discounts on airfares (and hotels, restaurants, tourist exhibits etc) negotiated as a package deal between the vendor and the group, happen all over the place, every day. That's up to the businesses involved. None of them are required to do it or not do it. And a fascist in a state legislature has no authority to make them do it or not do it. None. Zero.

I guess there must be a lot o' wags who don't seem to know this but group discounts on airfares (and hotels, restaurants, tourist exhibits etc) negotiated as a package deal between the vendor and the group, happen all over the place, every day. That's up to the businesses involved. None of them are required to do it or not do it. And a fascist in a state legislature has no authority to make them do it or not do it. None. Zero.

Delta pissed away 40 mil for PC bullshit. Someone's head should roll

Delta is obviously clueless about what the south is about. Screaming libRaTz don't phase us. Plus every plane refueled in Georgia gets to pay the tax. They'll love DELTA for that...lol.

So the corrupt Georgia legislature did not do this for their citizens, they made tax law against another business, for the NRA lobby group who funds their campaigns....for simply political punishment reasons?

How wonderful!

DRAIN THE SWAMP!

vote those swamp creatures out of there!

:eek:
You do realize that 40 million just arrived for the people of Georgia's governmental services don't you?

Delta is obviously clueless about what the south is about. Screaming libRaTz don't phase us. Plus every plane refueled in Georgia gets to pay the tax. They'll love DELTA for that...lol.

Delta LIVES IN the South. Atlanta.

Southwest be like, way to go Delta you fucking morons

The company tries to steer clear of politically-charged stances. That's not new. The only thing new here is the Butthurt.

The company tries to steer clear of politically-charged stances. That's not new. The only thing new here is the Butthurt.

The only butthurt I'm seeing is for Delta's poor descion and you idiots on the left bawling

The only butthurt I'm seeing is for Delta's poor descion and you idiots on the left bawling

Hey, it's not my company. I don't even like Delta as an airline. Nor am I a shareholder so --- it's their call -- whatever.
But I despise fascism.

They didn't force anyone, Pogo. Delta has been made an offer they can't refuse.

th

You don't "steer clear" by making a public announcement to distance yourself from the NRA. They played politics, the government of Georgia did too. Delta paid 40 mil plus lost future ticket sales. FACT

You don't "steer clear" by making a public announcement to distance yourself from the NRA. They played politics, the government of Georgia did too. Delta paid 40 mil plus lost future ticket sales. FACT

And to the extent that's a cause-and-effect, it's fascism. But thanks for putting a number on it.

And to the extent that's a cause-and-effect, it's fascism. But thanks for putting a number on it.

Really? Please enlighten the board as to your reasoning why Delta is ENTITLED to a special tax break at the expense of Georgia taxpayers?

Really? Please enlighten the board as to your reasoning why Delta is ENTITLED to a special tax break at the expense of Georgia taxpayers?

Oh I don't need to. Actually you and your fellow fascists need to essplain where the government gets off telling a private company how it can run its own promotions on its own product.

I'll tell ya right up front, there's no answer for that. Well, not in English anyway.

Oh I don't need to. Actually you and your fellow fascists need to essplain where the government gets off telling a private company how it can run its own promotions on its own product.

I'll tell ya right up front, there's no answer for that. Well, not in English anyway.

Georgia didn't tell Delta how to run their business, they simply voted not to agree with it. About 40-50 million....POOF!

Damn, Georgia did it too. LOL

Georgia Republicans honor their threat, pass bill punishing Delta for cutting ties with NRA

In a show of political strength, Georgia lawmakers on Thursday overwhelmingly approved a bill that was stripped of an earlier provision granting Delta Air Lines a lucrative tax break.

By passing the bill, lawmakers carried out the threat that Lt. Gov. Casey Cagle, R, made to Atlanta-based Delta earlier this week: if the airline did not restore discounted fares to members of the National Rifle Association, Republicans would strike down a $50 million sales-tax exemption on jet fuel from its larger tax-cut package. Delta, which is one of the state's largest employers, would have been the primary beneficiary of the exemption.

Georgia Republicans honor their threat, pass bill punishing Delta for cutting ties with NRA
This was likely to be done anyway as they are old breaks all airlines got they were going to end anyway.

Damn, Georgia did it too. LOL

In a show of political strength, Georgia lawmakers on Thursday overwhelmingly approved a bill that was stripped of an earlier provision granting Delta Air Lines a lucrative tax break.

By passing the bill, lawmakers carried out the threat that Lt. Gov. Casey Cagle, R, made to Atlanta-based Delta earlier this week: if the airline did not restore discounted fares to members of the National Rifle Association, Republicans would strike down a $50 million sales-tax exemption on jet fuel from its larger tax-cut package. Delta, which is one of the state's largest employers, would have been the primary beneficiary of the exemption.

This was likely to be done anyway as they are old breaks all airlines got they were going to end anyway.

It had already been approved in the House...regardless it's money denied Delta for a piss poor descion on their part

Forum List

Back