Georgian Bigot Backlash

See this is what it's come to in America.
We used to be able to simply debate Gay marriage and still respect one another.
Now if you dare to be pro-traditional marriage, you're a "bigot" a "nazi", you're "Hitler", etc.

This is exactly why the rise of a candidate like Trump has occurred.
Who is against traditional marriage ?

Now if you dare to be pro-traditional marriage, you're a "bigot" a "nazi", you're "Hitler", etc.

OBVIOUSLY when I say "pro-traditional" marriage, it means you're against gay marriage.

I'm not racist or religious at all but the Government can not legislate away racism or bigotry without taking the rights away from others. If you have a problem with the way a person does business DON"T BUY THEIR GOODS OR SERVICES. Expecting the Government to punish those you disagree with is tyranny. Let the market decide, not your sociopolitical bias.

I don't think that always works. Look at desegregation for example. Sometimes government needs to step in and start the process or protect the minority. Some groups being discriminated against might not be large enough or powerful enough to create a market change.
Desegregation didn't work. That's why blacks have resegregated themselves. Not only did desegregation not work. But at times when black people are forced into integration, they demand safe spaces where they don't have to associate with those that aren't like them.

Desegregation did work. The first students to be involved were incredibly brave. It allowed choice, and that is what is really important. "Seperate but equal" was anything but equal.
And that desegregation is long gone. It's been replaced by black studies, black student groups, black lounges, and racial exclusions. It would not be surprising to find drinking fountains reserved for blacks only.

People have a right to form associations - what's wrong with that?

Mainstream history in the US has focused on white male history (at least when I was in school) - what's wrong with having history courses that focus on blacks or Native Americans or Women? What's wrong with having college student groups? We have groups racial groups, ethnic groups, religious groups, LGBT groups, sororaties, fraternities, groups based on common interests, studies or hobbies. Is it so threatening to the majority?

OBVIOUSLY when I say "pro-traditional" marriage, it means you're against gay marriage.
Well they are two different things.

I'm not racist or religious at all but the Government can not legislate away racism or bigotry without taking the rights away from others. If you have a problem with the way a person does business DON"T BUY THEIR GOODS OR SERVICES. Expecting the Government to punish those you disagree with is tyranny. Let the market decide, not your sociopolitical bias.

I don't think that always works. Look at desegregation for example. Sometimes government needs to step in and start the process or protect the minority. Some groups being discriminated against might not be large enough or powerful enough to create a market change.
Desegregation didn't work. That's why blacks have resegregated themselves. Not only did desegregation not work. But at times when black people are forced into integration, they demand safe spaces where they don't have to associate with those that aren't like them.

Desegregation did work. The first students to be involved were incredibly brave. It allowed choice, and that is what is really important. "Seperate but equal" was anything but equal.
And that desegregation is long gone. It's been replaced by black studies, black student groups, black lounges, and racial exclusions. It would not be surprising to find drinking fountains reserved for blacks only.

People have a right to form associations - what's wrong with that?

Mainstream history in the US has focused on white male history (at least when I was in school) - what's wrong with having history courses that focus on blacks or Native Americans or Women? What's wrong with having college student groups? We have groups racial groups, ethnic groups, religious groups, LGBT groups, sororaties, fraternities, groups based on common interests, studies or hobbies. Is it so threatening to the majority?
We were not taught any of my countries history when I was in school. We were taught a British Empire vision of the world where "grateful darkies" were civilised by the benign intervention of the british state. It was all crap but it was there for a purpose. The teaching of history in schools is one of the most pernicious forms of indoctrination there has ever been.

I understood that this wasn't necessarily your view point. However you brought something forward and I wanted to reply to it.

I've actually known Communists. Not really friends, people I just knew, and I didn't agree with them. I've had a run in with one when I said Stalin was worse than Franco too.
Fair enough, but the thing is what is a Communist? Why are they inherently bad?

These mouthbreathers can mention Stalin and Mao; and that's where their intellectual rigour buckles and abandons them. It just smacks of McCarthyite brainwashing (a dark, dark period in US history) that has poisoned minds in much the same way that its adherents were taught to abhor in their opposite number.
Commmunism doesnt exist anywhere. Its a catch all phrase that helps bigots describe people who arent to the right of Genghis Khan.
:mm::woohoo:

I'm guessing the governor reneges on his anti LGBT bill.
He should do if he is a responsible adult.
This is what a responsible adult looks like.
caitlyn-jenner-today-tease-02-150603_0b3818cb7a7e9344f47d061d32ac4a6e.jpg

I give up on this thread you can't argue freedom of religion or equal rights with a liberal. In their mind those rights only apply to whom there sociopolitical dogma says it does.

That applies well to public entities such as public institutions and such but, private business are a different thing all together. The Government should not force a private business to act in any manner that is contrary to the owners personal beliefs that does not take away life or liberty.
Incorrect.

Public accommodations laws are necessary, proper, and Constitutional as authorized by the Commerce Clause, regulating local markets and all other interrelated markets, where to allow businesses to discriminate based on race, religion, or sexual orientation would be disruptive to the markets (see Heart of Atlanta Motel v. US).

Public accommodations laws in no way 'violate' the personal or religious beliefs of business owners:

“We have never held that an individual's religious beliefs [p879] excuse him from compliance with an otherwise valid law prohibiting conduct that the State is free to regulate. On the contrary, the record of more than a century of our free exercise jurisprudence contradicts that proposition.”

Employment Division v. Smith

The states are clearly free to regulate markets, to ensure their integrity, and to prevent their disruption.

Last, businesses are subject to all manner of necessary, proper, and Constitutional regulatory policies, from providing a minimum wage, maintaining safe working conditions for employees, and protecting the health and well-being of consumers – public accommodations laws are no different.
"Public accommodations laws in no way 'violate' the personal or religious beliefs of business owners:"
Forced to bake a cake
But their business was baking cakes.They werent asked to give out blow jobs.
Personally I do not care about gay marriage its none of my business but what you and others do not seem to understand is that freedom of religion is a fundamental right in this country, By forcing that baker to bake a cake for reasons that are against their beliefs the government is wiping their ass with the Constitution and you people are handing them the toilet paper.

I'm amazed that the Liberals aren't going bezerk over private corporations forcing the government to make decisions.

I'm amazed that the Liberals aren't going bezerk over private corporations forcing the government to make decisions.
Corporations have a duty of care to their staff and customers. If the area that they trade in is not safe then they should trade somewhere else.
Why is the World cup being staged in Russia ? Many fans will run the risk of arrest under the regressive anti gay legislation.

If Georgia can refuse medical treatment on the grounds of sexuality then it is not a safe environment.

Corporations have a duty of care to their staff and customers. If the area that they trade in is not safe then they should trade somewhere else.
Why is the World cup being staged in Russia ? Many fans will run the risk of arrest under the regressive anti gay legislation.

If Georgia can refuse medical treatment on the grounds of sexuality then it is not a safe environment.

I don't believe that for a second, but if someone feels that they are in an unsafe environment one option is to move where it is safe.

The actual wording of the law is not in the article. That being said, I suspect that the LGBT crowd will still be able to buy wedding cakes if this law is passed. Let's let those bakers that don't want to provide the gay wedding cake have a pass.
Why apply it only to gay weddings?

Why not anything your religion objects to?

Oh yeah? So, corporations applying economic pressure in the interest of the company and its employees? It's their duty to do so?...lol

Since when can Georgia refuse medical treatment based on sexuality?

There is absolutely nothing normal about a man wanting to marry another man and wanting to stick his package in his new husband's ass. The vast majority of people by far, including myself, find this behavior disgusting and would never do it themselves. With that said, would most people, including myself, bake a cake for these two men. Sure why not. Approval of gay marriage is not approval of the lifestyle. It's merely being tolerant of it. Let's be honest, gay marriage will never be the same as a man and woman who are raising a family. Liberals can use the word "bigot" all they want and this fact will never change.

Listen to the left. They want to "isolate and cut off from civilization" people they disagree with and they don't even realize that they are the bigots.

Forum List

Back