Germany Forms Unit to Thwart Alleged Russian Disinformation

The EU passed a legislation some time ago and now FB does seem to have to consult with authorities.
They put censorship before free speech now because of the legal uncertainty. The EU law is also very discriminating because it only covers foreigners. And if the German constitution would not allow for limitations on free speech to any extent for no reason given, that wouldn´t matter because EU law always applies in cases of rivaling legislation. It is an absolute mess. They can rule without responsibility.

Yes, because a judge's personal opinion becomes a definition of what hate speech is.
Yes, in each case. So the same term used could be hate speech in one case and free speech in another.

What I meant is that FB decides what hate speech is and doesn´t consult authorities
The EU passed a legislation some time ago and now FB
They put censorship before free speech now because of the legal uncertainty. The EU law is also very discriminating because it only covers foreigners. And if the German constitution would not allow for limitations on free speech to any extent for no reason given, that wouldn´t matter because EU law always applies in cases of rivaling legislation. It is an absolute mess. They can rule without responsibility.

Yes, in each case. So the same term used could be hate speech in one case and free speech in another.
So, I don't understand what we are arguing about. As I said above the EU adopts a policy of state censorship. And I thought you were disagreeing with me.

The EU passed a legislation some time ago and now FB

So, I don't understand what we are arguing about. As I said above the EU adopts a policy of state censorship. And I thought you were disagreeing with me.
It is still possible to express hatred against anybody. Just don´t mix it up with insults and too derogatory language. That was my point.

Okay, Yuri. And now let's return to more interesting things. Like your stolen millions. How come, Yuri? Ili ty slilsia?
Na slabo fraerov lovyat, Tarasik. It's not a talk for two of us. All what you need to know - is that we are going to take our land, our people and, among other things, our money back.

Na slabo fraerov lovyat, Tarasik. It's not a talk for two of us. All what you need to know - is that we are going to take our land, our people and, among other things, our money back.
All what I need to now is that you are Yurez-balabol.

Germany sets up a kind of truth ministry that will focus on "debunking Russian disinformation" in the social media. It is probably true that there are many Russian fake news on X but it is also very true that X is full of fake news in general. Thus it is very dangerous to single out Russian fake news and leave the others alone. This will ennoble all the non-Russian fake news and effectively declare them true.
Also, it bears the threat of Russian news being labeled fake that are not.

Only the empire's court stenographers are the purveyors of truth.

I'm not going to give the rhyme to the word Tarasik-... Because I'm polite and full of etiquette.
Yeah, so am I. That is why I used a soft version of the word. Despite the fact that you deserve a hard one.

You know, there are things that hurt more than words. And may be you deserve them.
First of all, grow a thicker skin, Mr. Koreiko. Being so easily hurted doesn't fit a millionaire.

First of all, grow a thicker skin, Mr. Koreiko. Being so easily hurted doesn't fit a millionaire.
Grow a thicker layer of fat under your skin, for winter is coming and not all of you, poor guys, will survive it. Just friendly advice.

Grow a thicker layer of fat under your skin, for winter is coming and not all of you, poor guys, will survive it. Just friendly advice.
Just like it was in the Moscow region this winter?

Forum List

Back