Germany To CIA Station Chief: GET OUT!!...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Can you really blame them? The CIA hacked their Prime Minister's phone for God's sake.

Germany asks top U.S. spy to leave amid flap

Germany has asked the CIA station chief in the country to leave the country, an unusual action among allies that is a very public expression of anger over reported cases of U.S. spying in the country.

“The representative of the U.S. intelligence services at the Embassy of the United States of America has been requested to leave Germany,” government spokesman Steffen Seibert said in a statement Thursday.

A day earlier, federal prosecutors in Germany said police had searched the office and apartment of an individual with ties to the country’s military who is suspected of working for U.S. intelligence. Those raids followed the arrest of an employee of Germany’s foreign intelligence services who was accused of selling secrets to the CIA.

Seibert said the request to have the CIA official leave was made “against the backdrop of the ongoing investigations of the Federal Prosecutor General as well as the questions pending for months about the activities of the US intelligence services in Germany, for which the Lower House of Parliament has also established a parliamentary inquiry committee.”

German officials have also been angered by the revelations of former intelligence contractor Edward Snowden of widespread U.S. surveillance in Germany, including of Chancellor Angela Merkel’s cellphone, an operation that has since been halted...

More:
Germany asks top U.S. spy to leave amid flap - The Washington Post
DRUDGE REPORT 2014®

Yes, the US ought to get humble and fast. Reparations are in order. Maybe if we hand convicted war-crime fugitive and war-crime kingpin Cheney over to the Hague, it could be a small gesture of atonement to our allies and the world at large.

Yes, the US ought to get humble and fast. Reparations are in order. Maybe if we hand convicted war-crime fugitive and war-crime kingpin Cheney over to the Hague, it could be a small gesture of atonement to our allies and the world at large.

Spying on and undermining your 'friends.' WTG Big Brother!! :(

This is the first time this has happened in 70 years. It is symptomatic of the Obama Administration's foreign policy failures that a close ally like Germany is expelling a US official. It was avoidable too because when the news came out Obama was totally silent about it and obviously hasnt made any kind of effort to smooth things over.
Didnt Obama complain that the US acted arrogantly in the past? Isnt this part of acting arrogantly?

This is the first time this has happened in 70 years. It is symptomatic of the Obama Administration's foreign policy failures that a close ally like Germany is expelling a US official. It was avoidable too because when the news came out Obama was totally silent about it and obviously hasnt made any kind of effort to smooth things over.
Didnt Obama complain that the US acted arrogantly in the past? Isnt this part of acting arrogantly?

He's a corrupt douchebag. I can understand Germany's anger. This is how Big Brother treats his friends.

Yeah cuz the US doesn't have spies in every other "friend" country. And of course, when this one leaves, there will be no more US spooks in Germany.

Betcha think there are no German spies undercover in the US too, doncha?

Sheesh.

Yeah cuz the US doesn't have spies in every other "friend" country. And of course, when this one leaves, there will be no more US spooks in Germany.

Sheesh.

Please post evidence the German intelligence service has hacked Obama's cell phone. We'll wait.

Sheesh.

Please post evidence the German intelligence service has hacked Obama's cell phone. We'll wait.

More sad 'Supreme Leader' worship. Don't bother. Obamabots have their programming, and not even a mass reboot can help them.

Time for Obies Sgt. Schultz routine.

Merkel, herself, hasn't said too much about this.......and its not like they're telling us to pack up our bases there and get out.

Looks pretty much like a nothingburger from where I sit.

I agree with being humble, but I see absolutely no justification for turning Cheney over to a foreign tribunal that convicted him without the protection of due process. Nor do I see how we could legally do it under the Constitution.

Nobody saw that one coming.

Yes and when the turds hit the fan, our allies are going to tell us to go F ourselves and our dimwitted narcissistic leadership puppets for the CIA are going to stand there with their mouths gaping open.

The thing about narcissism is that it never ever self-evaluates. It is incapable of looking at itself through the eyes of others. It consoles itself always that the only image another person could possibly have of it is one of total admiration and/or awe. Until a brick hits it in the head. Then it is absolutely and genuinely shocked. Narcissism is the number 1 plague of America. It is the most undertreated malady in our country. And it is a real mental illness too. It absolutely incapacitaes its victims with the inability to understand reality on reality's terms.

I agree with being humble, but I see absolutely no justification for turning Cheney over to a foreign tribunal that convicted him without the protection of due process. Nor do I see how we could legally do it under the Constitution.

We've signed treaties with the UN. There's the law you can cite. Cheney and 7 other cohorts from his administration were already tried and found guilty in a Malaysian court of torture war crimes. I think it's the Geneva Convention that Cheney can be brought up to the Hague for being in violation of.

Last edited:

Sheesh.

I can't imagine the Germans being so incompetent to get caught.

Good for Germany. At least they are financially solvent as well. Perhaps we should be spying on groups in Honduras and El Salvador that are dumping children at our doorstep.

When obama's spying was first exposed, he said the policy would stop and not be repeated. Now Germany knows that was a lie. The spying never stopped but intensified. German had no choice but to start throwing Americans out. Rogue nations find themselves isolated. We should be isolated. I hope more countries start throwing American officials out.

Big Brother is good and honest. Well, that's what he keeps telling the sheeple anyway.

Forum List

Back