Germany Votes To Abandon Most Green Energy Subsidies

It doesn't matter. As long as SOME portion of a country's energy requirement is covered by alternative energy sources, their FUEL BILL will be less than one who has nothing but fossil fuel.

You're a smart guy Todd. Surely you can see this. A half a loaf IS better than none.

Nuclear is expensive. Period. Solar and wind are getting less expensive every day. Grid scale storage is already here, and the price is in sharp decline. And you are still pushing an unproven design.

You talk about the cost of the regulations, but from what I have seen, the cost of not having those regulations would be more Three Mile Islands. Maybe one that we are unable to shut down.

It doesn't matter. As long as SOME portion of a country's energy requirement is covered by alternative energy sources, their FUEL BILL will be less than one who has nothing but fossil fuel.

You're a smart guy Todd. Surely you can see this. A half a loaf IS better than none.

Their fuel bill? Their FUEL BILL?
When you failed your last econ class, did you bother to take another?
Or did you just admit it wasn't your thing?

Nuclear is expensive. Period. Solar and wind are getting less expensive every day. Grid scale storage is already here, and the price is in sharp decline. And you are still pushing an unproven design.

You talk about the cost of the regulations, but from what I have seen, the cost of not having those regulations would be more Three Mile Islands. Maybe one that we are unable to shut down.

Nuclear is expensive. Period.

Why. Question mark.

The obvious problem here is the value given to power without carbon emissions. Some people give that no value. Some people give that great value. It affects the conclusion.

The obvious problem here is the value given to power without carbon emissions. Some people give that no value. Some people give that great value. It affects the conclusion.

The obvious problem here is the value given to power without carbon emissions.

If I design a "green power" source that generates $1 million worth of electricity per year, with zero CO2 emissions, and only costs $1 billion, how many should we build?

lol.....what a load of crap. Germany is building new coal plants as we speak like they are going out of style.......20 new ones by 2020!!:rock: They are importing natural gas at record levels.:rock: duh.........because the country has had it with this renewables experiment. That who it works s0n.........when the people's heads are exploding over their electric bills, the government responds so they don't get their asses thrown overboard. duh..........this has been well documented in this forum!! The AGW alarmist phonies lie all the time about the "costs" of renewables......because when they are presenting them, they leave out half of the actual costs.:gay: duh.

Anybody who spends even less than an hour researching the real costs of renewable energy......unless they are bonafide religion..........gets it. Its a total sham..........go into THIS link >> More Proof the skeptics are WINNING!! ............and you will find TONS of links and info on the real state of renewable energy, particularly, the about face we've seen in Europe the last 3 years. They conned their people but the people are onto it!!! And lets face it.........even Obama said in 2008 ( see Youtube vid), "your electricity rates will necessarily skyrocket under my plan!!"

duh

more AGW nutter losing............brought to you by, as usual, skooks!!:2up::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

PS......the alarmist religion are ALL uber-progressives. As such, they don't give one flying fuck about "costs". Not a factor for a moment in their thinking........the only important thing is, collapse the economy with carbon taxes and destroy the fossil fuel industry..........at a cost to the taxpayers of...........ready for this...........76 TRILLION dollars ( UN estimate, not mine )!! If they get their way, our kids futures are fucked folks..........but lucky for us, most people are clear thinking and to these people, "costs" do matter. Accordingly, renewable energy is growing at a snails pace for the last 12 years and will continue to grow at a snails pace for the next 3 decades ( well........at least according to the Obama Energy Information Agency :spinner:)

lol............whatever you say!!!

Folks,..........the true costs of renewables are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more expensive then what the alarmist religion AGW k00ks tell you!!!

They leave out "costs" shit..............lots of it.

What’s the True Cost of Wind Power?

It didn't get much media attention but the (mostly) desert State of Nevada decided to end subsidies for solar energy. The state claims that after 18 years it's time for the solar energy industry to support itself without forcing taxpayers to foot the bill.

im german i have never seen a more distorted report about german energy policiy then the original posters one

basicly the original posters has all the facts wrong.

thats why he has no german source

but non of you are really interested in facts are you ?

im german i have never seen a more distorted report about german energy policiy then the original posters one

basicly the original posters has all the facts wrong.

thats why he has no german source

but non of you are really interested in facts are you ?

Tell us why German electricity costs are so much higher than US electricity costs, despite your massive production of cheap "green energy".

The obvious problem here is the value given to power without carbon emissions.

If I design a "green power" source that generates $1 million worth of electricity per year, with zero CO2 emissions, and only costs $1 billion, how many should we build?

You must have missed this post, eh?

I haven't been back here in a while. Been traveling with a poor connection.

I'm pretty certain we can build any of several different alternative energy sources that would provide energy costing a million dollars from a fossil fuel plant for less than a billion dollars.

And, again, is that "$1 million worth" including the value of it producing no CO2 or not?

I haven't been back here in a while. Been traveling with a poor connection.

I'm pretty certain we can build any of several different alternative energy sources that would provide energy costing a million dollars from a fossil fuel plant for less than a billion dollars.

And, again, is that "$1 million worth" including the value of it producing no CO2 or not?

Well, gosh, the fuel bill is less, and no CO2, why wouldn't you spend a billion dollars to generate a million dollars worth of power a year?

If I put sufficient value on energy without CO2, I might. Your point is obvious Todd. Now why don't you apply some real numbers?

No. The cost per kilowatt for several different alternative energy technologies have now fallen to within an order of magnitude of fossil fuels..

No. The cost per kilowatt for several different alternative energy technologies have now fallen to within an order of magnitude of fossil fuels..

An order of magnitude is an exponential change of plus-or-minus 1 in the value of a quantity or unit. The term is generally used in conjunction with power-of-10 scientific notation.

That is correct. Your million for a billion would be three orders of magnitude. Thus I'm suggesting that alternative energy costs are a thousand times better than you are suggesting.

Forum List

Back